You Tube ST issue today

Ed_Formerly_of_Roch

I don't know if anything specifically to this but, I got rid of Sunday Ticket because I have directv. I watch every game since 1996, a lot of games were not going to be on Sunday Ticket so I found other means to watch the games. One of them is NFL Plus it was a 4:00 p.m. game and I knew that I could get it on NFL Plus the local channels were still showing the Baltimore game I think but I got it on my phone and I could cast it to my TV and get the game no problem I have other ways to get the game as well so.. I'm not a bot... voice text.. lo ciento

Edited by jayg

Yeah, I had a similar experience here in Northern California.  When I selected the Bills game a message said it was blacked out in my area.  Even though the Raiders moved to Vegas 3 years ago, their games are still considered part of this area, so I thought that had something to do with it.

I was then trying to figure out what to do and had the 4 game grid on the screen and noticed the Bills were now on after the Cleveland game  I paused during the game and when I went back, it was now titled Buffalo/Kansas City.  So, when the game ended, I rewound back to the beginning to see if I could watch the first TD, etc, but it only went back to that spot with 2+ minutes left in the first quarter, after the Browns game ended.

6 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

So are you saying no one saw the bills game until the Browns game was over? Or did the bills and KC local markets switch over?

I'm in Rochester market and CLE/JAX switched to BUF/KC at 4:25.

I saw every minute of the game and they even cut away from browns early enough to slip in a commercial break before kickoff.

8 hours ago, Ed_Formerly_of_Roch said:

So I live live in NC, out of local market and subscribe to YTTV and ST.   The early game on local CBS channel was Cleveland-Jax game with plans for the Bills-Chiefs game to be broadcast following at 4:25.  Cleveland game didn't end until around 3:45 so if watching on local TV was carrying the end of that game and would have joined the Bills game in progress.  No issues there, that's typical of the way it works.  So instead went into YTTV and selected the Bills-Chiefs game.  But instead that was also showing the Cleveland-Jax game.  Had no way of watching the beginning of the Bills-Chiefs game.

Am I missing something here as that's not the way ST is supposed to work, I'm supposed to be able to watch any game of my choosing??

Wondering if anyone else had the same issue or was it something just going on in my local area.  This has never happened prior, regardless of what game was on local station, I could select and watch the Bills game.  I'm hoping this doesn't happen again next week when they play Dallas as that will again be a late game followed by an earlier game on Fox.

When it was on DirecTV if first game was runn8ng over and in local market could always see it on the ST a channel in the 700’s and than switch to game once it cut over and DTV a actually cut over automatically to the game.  I kept trying to find a way to get the Bills Game but I guess since they were on local CBS the YTTV stream was local channel not the ST stream.   Than CBS forced us to watch kneel downs, post game interviews and a slew of commercials after end of browns game.  I was Livid we missed the Bills TD.

• Like (+1) 2

8 hours ago, MasterStrategist said:

DirectTV NEVER let you watch a local/blackout game on Sunday ticket.

Only exception was the gamemix channel, which I mentioned YTV has botched all season.

So I don't necessarily blame YouTube.  I blame CBS, which is carrying the local broadcast and decided they couldn't put a split screen or at least small screen on Bills/Chiefs at end of Browns game.

CBS should be embarrassed in the year 2023.  Go back several decades and technology might not have allowed it.  Sunday ticket has AWAYS been clear that local broadcasts are blacked out 

WRONG if game on,local channel was running over DTV had the game on the ST channel and than switched when game was finally on local.  SiriusXM has similar issues. They use same channels for the over the air broadcast so sometimes Bills game doesn’t start on time,  but now I just use Bills channel on SXM and YTTV to synch the broadcast.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

If a game was on local channel and previous game was running long, DTV would have the game on Sunday Ticket channel until previous game ended. Then game would switch to local channel and blacked out on Ticket. Youtube screwed up or they don't offer this option....which will be a problem

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, nucci said:

If a game was on local channel and previous game was running long, DTV would have the game on Sunday Ticket channel until previous game ended. Then game would switch to local channel and blacked out on Ticket. Youtube screwed up or they don't offer this option....which will be a problem

I said exact same, had DTV ST from 1996 till it switched.  I still liked it better on DTV however YTTV does do a decent job of providing multiple mixes.  Just wish they did like ESPN a plus and let me choose the games I want in the mix. 

9 hours ago, Matt_In_NH said:

It is a corner case they should fix and it was always the same under DTV.    The Bills hardly ever played a 4:25 national window so you may have never seen it happen to a Bills game.   That is how the service works......the Bills game was NOT part of the sunday ticket....it was on your local TV.   Youtube is not authorized to broadcast the games on local TV.  Because the other game went long you were at the mercy of the network....that is where the ONLY option is a "stream".

Or NFL+, which had the entire game.

2 minutes ago, Matt_In_NH said:

But if you are in the us you cannot legally watch it live correct 

False. You can watch any in market or nationally broadcast NFL game live with the package. Since I am in NC and the Browns-Jax game was on, as mentioned above, I watched the first 5 or 6 minutes of the Bills game on NFL plus until CBS switched over.

Edited by vincec
  • Like (+1) 1

9 hours ago, Ed_Formerly_of_Roch said:

So I live live in NC, out of local market and subscribe to YTTV and ST.   The early game on local CBS channel was Cleveland-Jax game with plans for the Bills-Chiefs game to be broadcast following at 4:25.  Cleveland game didn't end until around 3:45 so if watching on local TV was carrying the end of that game and would have joined the Bills game in progress.  No issues there, that's typical of the way it works.  So instead went into YTTV and selected the Bills-Chiefs game.  But instead that was also showing the Cleveland-Jax game.  Had no way of watching the beginning of the Bills-Chiefs game.

Am I missing something here as that's not the way ST is supposed to work, I'm supposed to be able to watch any game of my choosing??

Wondering if anyone else had the same issue or was it something just going on in my local area.  This has never happened prior, regardless of what game was on local station, I could select and watch the Bills game.  I'm hoping this doesn't happen again next week when they play Dallas as that will again be a late game followed by an earlier game on Fox.

I complained about it in the game thread.

I had to pull a stream up I know of. We watched on the damned computer till the early game was over. I swear to all that’s holy the game was stuck at 1:33 left for ten freaking minutes!!!!  I’m still pissed about it.

I live in NC also.

10 hours ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

Same. I am calling YouTube TV tomorrow, and demanding a credit. 

when Sunday ticket was on DTV, if there ever was a local Blackout issue, they would show the game on the Sunday ticket channel. 

they need to fix this now.

Let me know who you contact. This is unacceptable, and I will not be doing Sunday Ticket next year because of stuff like this.

The cost was high but I thought it would be worth it for legal working streams. But the restrictions and the blackouts make it pointless. 

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, BobbyC81 said:

Yeah, I had a similar experience here in Northern California.  When I selected the Bills game a message said it was blacked out in my area.  Even though the Raiders moved to Vegas 3 years ago, their games are still considered part of this area, so I thought that had something to do with it.

So did the Raiders Media Ambassadors.  Streaming service executives fear them.

image.thumb.jpeg.d48ffb9eacaf3291f1091e9f4a8d71be.jpeg

3 minutes ago, thronethinker said:

You need to complain to CBS not YouTube. YouTube gave you the feed that CBS gave them.

incorrect. Youtube should have made the game available on the Sunday Ticket channel until Browns game was completed. That's how directv did it.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 4
  • Thank you (+1) 3

8 hours ago, Ed_Formerly_of_Roch said:

So I assume there's never been an actual explanation from YTTV or admit of a mistake?

Only that tweet claiming it worked as DTV abused to make it work.  Hoping the panthers and falcons game doesn’t run over this week.

• Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

On 12/10/2023 at 6:54 PM, Matt_In_NH said:

It is a corner case they should fix and it was always the same under DTV.    The Bills hardly ever played a 4:25 national window so you may have never seen it happen to a Bills game.   That is how the service works......the Bills game was NOT part of the sunday ticket....it was on your local TV.   Youtube is not authorized to broadcast the games on local TV.  Because the other game went long you were at the mercy of the network....that is where the ONLY option is a "stream".

I live in Phoenix and it was not my local game and I had the same issue. The game should have been on Sunday Ticket. 

27 minutes ago, Matt_In_NH said:

according to 506 sports the Bills game was on your local stations.

https://506sports.com/

Was not on local TV here or in Prescott, Az. Was on phone with my brother. We were all looking for the game. My buddy was home at his house in Peoria Az and he doesn’t have Sunday Ticket and it was not on TV. He used an illegal stream. 

On 12/10/2023 at 8:54 PM, Matt_In_NH said:

This is the correct answer.

On 12/10/2023 at 8:53 PM, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

when Sunday ticket was on DTV, if there ever was a local Blackout issue, they would show the game on the Sunday ticket channel. 

I had ST on DTV for over 20 years and I never recall this happening.

• Disagree 1

20 hours ago, Ned Flanders said:

This is the correct answer.

I had ST on DTV for over 20 years and I never recall this happening.

NNed I am sure DTV a handled this proper.  They would show the 4:25 game on the ST a channel and once other game was over, usually at a commercial break, you would get this broadcast blackout Ed message and searching for it on other channels message.  Than game would be on local broadcast.   BTW any idea why the browns game took 3:45 to be played???  Was CBS stalling like they did Bills game to get in more commercials!

• Like (+1) 1

On 12/10/2023 at 9:25 PM, MasterStrategist said:

Actually it did.  You could never watch a local/blackout game on Directv ST either.

Only exception was the gamemix channel.

CBS botched this, plain and simple.  It's easy to put a multiview or split screen feed.

Or CBS gives yttv both games that ST customers csn choose whichever game.  Actually they probably are doing 6 or 7 games on any Sunday  so all should be available with no restrictions to ST  customers.  Otherwise I hope yttv isn't sending alot of money on rheir nfl deal.

On 12/10/2023 at 5:51 PM, Fan in Chicago said:

You are missing something or maybe a function of the region you were in. I was on multi view and watched the ending of the Jags game and the beginning of the Bills game 

I live in Las Vegas and I had the same experience with YouTube Sunday Ticket.

I have subscribed to the Sunday Ticket since the mid 90's.

I am seriously considering not subscribing to ST next season and just going to Bills Backer Bars for Bills games not carried in our market.

Edited by longtimebillsfan

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.