Greenberg - A Jets Fan - Pushing Back Against The Allen Hate

H2o

All this talk from Greeny about Josh as an MVP candidate just makes me think the Bills are about to go on a run. What better script for the NfL than the Bills and much criticized QB, be down in the dumps at 6-6 for them to make the playoffs and win a few playoff games.  The AFC is bad right now and the NFL wants stars in the playoffs

Burrow, watson, Rodgers, Richardson, all out. Nobody wants to watch Flacco or Browning in the playoffs. Get your stats in.  It’s going down folks

4 hours ago, Governor said:

Everyone talks about turnovers but if Josh caught fire here to finish out, could he still be the MVP? Is it within reach?

100% he can. Dak is having a heckuva, season and playing really well of late. He’d be the player I would give MVP to if the season ended today. But the bills and Allen finishing strong would include a victory over the Cowboys and Dak.

Allen already has very good overall numbers. Third in the league in QBR, first in total touchdowns and tied for second and passing touchdowns. With very good numbers already it’s not like he would have to go berserk statistically to end the season.

The key ingredient is winning out.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

On 12/6/2023 at 3:21 PM, H2o said:

I found this interesting. And of course the rest of the ESPN 🤡's yuck it up a bit later in the segment, but this has been my stance on Josh for forever. All of the idiots with an ax to grind continually spew the same crap, on their same crap shows, pandering to their same crap audience. Josh is a top 2-5 QB in this league, 5 being the absolute basement. They constantly act like he is the one costing this team W's. They don't talk about the 3 games he's led his team to a lead in the final 2 minutes, only to have McDermott's defense piss it away. No, it's his 1 INT two quarters before that which caused them to lose. Idiots. This team would have, AT THE MOST, 3 wins this year without him. At the most. Allen is not blameless. He's not perfect. But let's not act like he's not out here setting records in history of the NFL for things like total TD's, completing 68% of his passes this year, and leading the league in total TD's. 

I don’t need validation from this clown. Every Bills fan knows what we have in Allen. 

Edited by ChronicAndKnuckles
  • Like (+1) 1

Unless they are fans sticking up for their qb, most people ive heard agree the guy is the best qb in football.  The problem is with Beane and McDermott and the fans being fooled that Josh needs no help.  They all love Cook. I dont wanna squash hopes but this team goes nowhere, and all these scenario's of how the NFL will make it so this qb is the showtime draw in the playoffs is a pipe dream. 

Edited by 1onemangang7

16 hours ago, ILBillsfan said:

Greeny becoming the biggest pro Allen out there with more today

It’s how any journalist should be… Ambiguous to the sport they are covering. 

Anyone with admiration to the game of football knows Josh is one of the best in the league. Refreshing to see someone take a stance that the coverage Josh gets is indeed unfair in comparison to the other top guys in the league. 

The quote from the Athletic below tells you all you need to know about this topic. Just check out the stats and you'll know that Yes there are alot of lazy narratives and biases out there.

"Josh Allen had ball security issues throughout the season, particularly when he’s been forcing the ball downfield. Patrick Mahomes hasn’t gotten enough help from his receivers."

• Thank you (+1) 1

19 hours ago, ChronicAndKnuckles said:

I don’t need validation from this clown. Every Bills fan knows what we have in Allen. 

That's the thing though, our eyes are always on the Bills as Bills fans so we know what's actually happening in the games as opposed to the narrative. Greeny has apparently seen it and is getting on the leading edge of the narrative turning. His motivation is, it'll give him bonus cred when it pans out, and if not, hardly anyone will remember it anyway. Sports journalism is a sweet gig.

I turned on Pardon the Interruption the other day and they did a quick preview of the game.

Michael Wilbon basically ended it along the lines of something like "Well lets see if Josh Allen can get through the game without turning it over 3-4 times"

You wonder why the narrative never goes away?   How many Bills games has he actually watched this season yet spewing out that garbage.

• Like (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, loveorhatembillsfan4life said:

I turned on Pardon the Interruption the other day and they did a quick preview of the game.

Michael Wilbon basically ended it along the lines of something like "Well lets see if Josh Allen can get through the game without turning it over 3-4 times"

You wonder why the narrative never goes away?   How many Bills games has he actually watched this season yet spewing out that garbage.

Wilbon has always been a 🤡

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

But some of the morons on the show keep shoveling the same shi* in response, all BS, garbage. Surprised to see Ryan Clark being so adamant in his idiocy, as he seems to be a smart guy.  He is way overextended though, seems to be on every ESPN show and likely cannot focus too much on facts, details.

Those with Greenberg's take would destroy any of the Allen haters in a debate, based on debate points and such. The facts are almost 100% with them and the others think their ace in the hole is that a bunch of other morons are spouting the same nonsense.

They just keep shoveling the BS, ignoring the facts.

So glad there aren't any Bills fans on this site  ignorant and stupid enough to join in the moron chorus...

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, loveorhatembillsfan4life said:

🤦‍♂️

These guys are so clueless. What's his TD:TO ratio in his last three games against the Chiefs? Something like 10:1?

On 12/6/2023 at 11:58 PM, HappyDays said:

Kind of off topic, but can we acknowledge how insane it is that Mahomes spent his first four years with Tyreek Hill AND Travis Kelce in their prime, AND Andy Reid calling plays? I mean that is an all time supporting cast. Arguably the greatest speed WR of all time, arguably the greatest pass catching TE of all time, one of the greatest offensive play callers of all time. Even I didn't fully appreciate how absurdly good that situation was until seeing what Tyreek Hill has done in Miami. And that takes nothing away from Mahomes, his otherworldly talent that defenses simply weren't ready for was the engine of the whole thing.

The first year Mahomes had that supporting cast, Allen was throwing the ball to Kelvin Benjamin, Andre Holmes, and Charles Clay 🤣 

Don't forget to mention their continual build of oline.

On 12/7/2023 at 2:20 AM, JustAnotherBillsFan said:

I have to admit I was in the camp that thought Lamar could not be successful as a pass first QB but this season he has convinced me otherwise. 

Love Josh of course but have nothing but respect for Lamar.

Why would this season convince you as opposed to any other.  He is about the same statistically as any other season.

17th in yards

20th in tds

19th in 1st downs

7th in rating

9th in sacks

• Like (+1) 1

On 12/7/2023 at 10:13 PM, C.Biscuit97 said:

All that to ignore that Lamar has the third best mvp odds currently. But great post. 

Thats mostly a record based award and the AFC is garbage this year outside a couple teams.  It isn't his play.  Yeah, he is winning but as a passing QB he is the same passing QB that he has always been.

Edited by Scott7975

17 hours ago, H2o said:

Wilbon has always been a 🤡

Wilbon and Tony are the grumpy old guys and you really wonder how much they actually watch of all the sports they spout off on.   Also when I hear Josh has the most turnover since 2018, I just want one person to say how many games he has played in that span relative to other QBs.

4 hours ago, Scott7975 said:

Why would this season convince you as opposed to any other.  He is about the same statistically as any other season.

17th in yards

20th in tds

19th in 1st downs

7th in rating

9th in sacks

And 13th in QBR. Lamar's really not having a good season at all. On pace for 26 total TD's on the season. 26!? LOL

• Like (+1) 1

On 12/6/2023 at 3:21 PM, H2o said:

I found this interesting. And of course the rest of the ESPN 🤡's yuck it up a bit later in the segment, but this has been my stance on Josh for forever. All of the idiots with an ax to grind continually spew the same crap, on their same crap shows, pandering to their same crap audience. Josh is a top 2-5 QB in this league, 5 being the absolute basement. They constantly act like he is the one costing this team W's. They don't talk about the 3 games he's led his team to a lead in the final 2 minutes, only to have McDermott's defense piss it away. No, it's his 1 INT two quarters before that which caused them to lose. Idiots. This team would have, AT THE MOST, 3 wins this year without him. At the most. Allen is not blameless. He's not perfect. But let's not act like he's not out here setting records in history of the NFL for things like total TD's, completing 68% of his passes this year, and leading the league in total TD's. 

I don't think anyone thinks Josh is below a top 5 QB.  I think most rate him 1 or 2, in terms of talent and what he can do when he's on.

He does have his "off" side, however, and he is probably the most inconsistent QB, AT THAT LEVEL, we've ever seen.

He probably take a little extra special "handling" from coaching and scheming to keep him on the trolley tracks, and of course, that we lack in spades.

He needs better coaching around him...and having almost NO relationship with McD after this much time is a HUGE PROBLEM.

On 12/7/2023 at 7:13 PM, C.Biscuit97 said:

All that to ignore that Lamar has the third best mvp odds currently. But great post. 

Yeah, he's not winning MVP unless he turns it up several notches. 

His QBR on the season is 58. That would be abysmal for an MVP winner. The lowest in recent memory was Cam at 61 but the Panthers were 15-1 and Cam had a 45 TD season. Lamar is on pace for 26 TD's currently. Every other MVP winner of the las 10 years has pretty much had a QBR of 70 or above. Including Lamar's 83 in 2019. 

1 hour ago, billsfan714 said:

Wilbon and Tony are the grumpy old guys and you really wonder how much they actually watch of all the sports they spout off on.   Also when I hear Josh has the most turnover since 2018, I just want one person to say how many games he has played in that span relative to other QBs.

He is the current NFL ironman. Which is funny given his style of play. That's also why he has the most TD's as well. 

10 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

He needs better coaching around him...and having almost NO relationship with McD after this much time is a HUGE PROBLEM.

Brady had almost no relationship with Bill and they were together for 20 years. But at least they could point to the rings together. 

• Like (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.