Game thread: MNF Cincinnati at Jacksonville

chongli

I know we probably should root for Jax, but are we totally sure?

CIN plays a ton of people we would like them to beat down the stretch.. and still have the Chiefs on the schedule.  

Starting w/ Indy next week.  

Could it be helpful for them to still have something to play for… with the thinking that they’re likely not winning out. 

Just now, sven233 said:

So slowing down, turning around backwards and staring at the defender not taunting.......  I guess as long as you don't point, you're OK.

I think that is literally the rule.  Can’t point or throat slash gesture or stand over guys and taunt.

1 minute ago, sven233 said:

So slowing down, turning around backwards and staring at the defender not taunting.......  I guess as long as you don't point, you're OK.

And when they showed the replay, they cut it off just before Chase’s antics. 

1 hour ago, Bferra13 said:

And I hate to say it, but Go Bengals!!!

1) there's a reason the Bengals are a 10 point Dawg in this... they stink now without Burrow. They are zero threat to a Bills playoff spot. Hell a win here would increase our SoS here for tiebreakers, right?

2) 4 people left in my survivor pool including myself who all picked Jax in this one. I squeezed by with the Chargers (who stink as well) over Pats this week. 7k on the line here. It's a long shot it ends tonight and Bengals win, but crazier things have happened.

Ok

• Haha (+1) 1

Just now, stuvian said:

What clown DC leaves Chase single covered?

Said it upthread.  Jags came in with the notion that they only needed to defend against the pass 3 yards past the LOS, and the 1Q reinforced that notion.

But the Bengals are smelling blood, it’s gonna be tough to flip the script

1 minute ago, SCBills said:

CIN plays a ton of people we would like them to beat down the stretch.. and still have the Chiefs on the schedule.  

Could it be helpful for them to still have something to play for… with the thinking that they’re likely not winning out. 

If they win tonight then we won't want them to beat all those teams...because then they would be the ones in the playoffs. Not us. 

We want them to lose. Don't overthink it. 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Low Positive said:

Browning is having a better game than 1st round pick Kenny Pickett has ever had. He might get 400 yards passing. If this goes on much longer, I’ll start to question the utility of paying a QB. Get enough skill position players and anyone can get them the ball.

Maybe if you have a smart offensive minded head coach like Zac Taylor who works with him closely and schemes some good plays to get him going.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, SCBills said:

Yeah. Jax is winning their division and they have a very legit shot at the 1 seed. Bengals being out or on the ropes would be a little bit of help at least. 

1 minute ago, SoCal Deek said:

Hate to be that guy….but has anyone noticed the size of that video board in Jacksonville’s stadium? Sheeesh! In the few renderings we’ve seen of the new Bills stadium it won’t have anything even close. 

They need a board that size.  What else would they put there?  Seats?

• Haha (+1) 3

2 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

Hate to be that guy….but has anyone noticed the size of that video board in Jacksonville’s stadium? Sheeesh! In the few renderings we’ve seen of the new Bills stadium it won’t have anything even close. 

If what you’re saying is true, then I am done with this team!

• Haha (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.