Today is another example of why our season isn’t over (Updated - 1/7 - WE’RE IN as the 2 seed!)

BillsFan619

• BillsFan619 changed the title to Today is another example of why our season isn’t over (Updated - 12/24 - we control our own destiny)
5 minutes ago, BillsFan619 said:

Merry Christmas, the examples keep sledding down the hill…

The Texans lose to the Browns

The Colts lose to the Falcons

The Bills are now the 6th seed, fighting for spots #2-#4.

Let’s go, Buffalo. Go Bills!

Great thread.

Hard to imagine so many games going our way! Everyone is helping us.

The conspiracy theorist in me thinks the NFL doesn’t want a playoff with non-interesting QB’s like Minshew and whoever Houston’s backup is.

5 minutes ago, Einstein said:

Great thread.

The conspiracy theorist in me thinks the NFL doesn’t want a playoff with non-interesting QB’s like Minshew and whoever Houston’s backup is.

You are not wrong

3 minutes ago, Pine Barrens Mafia said:

I believe so, with the colts loss this week 

Yea quite possibly since the Texans and Colts play week 18, so someone is going to have 8 losses.

3 hours ago, Einstein said:

Great thread.

Totally agree, bro.

When I first started the thread it was a little risky because we were 6-6, just lost to the Eagles and our playoff chances were at about 15% or so.

But all the bye week losses, all the backup QBs, mediocre teams and many of them playing each other plus the Bills seemingly being back even though we lost to the Eagles, got me thinking that we still had a very good shot even though the percentages didn’t say so.

And look at us now, close to 75-80% to make the playoffs and controlling our own destiny. And another team has fallen today, the Jags.

Go Bills!

• Like (+1) 2

15 minutes ago, BillsFan619 said:

Totally agree, bro.

When I first started the thread it was a little risky because we were 6-6, just lost to the Eagles and our playoff chances were at about 15% or so.

But all the bye week losses, all the backup QBs, mediocre teams and many of them playing each other plus the Bills seemingly being back even though we lost to the Eagles, got me thinking that we still had a very good shot even though the percentages didn’t say so.

And look at us now, close to 75-80% to make the playoffs and controlling our own destiny. And another team has fallen today, the Jags.

Go Bills!

I'm confused why people want the Jags to lose. I thought we were better off with them winning the division 

11 minutes ago, Buffalo03 said:

I'm confused why people want the Jags to lose. I thought we were better off with them winning the division 

Yeah, we don’t want to be tied with them for a wild card position.

Edited by CSBill

57 minutes ago, Buffalo03 said:

53 minutes ago, CSBill said:

Yeah, we don’t want to be tied with them for a wild card position.

I definitely see what you’re saying about the jags taking the division, which they still have, but them losing today is a part of the Bills being able to clinch with 10 wins next week.

And the jags losing could come in to play when it comes to seeding if we win the division.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, BillsFan619 said:

I definitely see what you’re saying about the jags taking the division, which they still have, but them losing today is a part of the Bills being able to clinch with 10 wins next week.

And the jags losing could come in to play when it comes to seeding if we win the division.

Literally nobody wants to win the AFC South. Jags have lost 4 straight. What a joke for a team many picked as the #1 seed prior to the year.

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, Big Turk said:

Literally nobody wants to win the AFC South. Jags have lost 4 straight. What a joke for a team many picked as the #1 seed prior to the year.

Wow, these examples are better than even expected.

From 13% to 92% to a VERY reasonable path to clinch next week instead of the final week.

Go Bills!

@Success, @NewEra, @Alphadawg7, @TheFunPolice, @Freddie's Dead, @Einstein

Edited by BillsFan619
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

2 hours ago, Big Turk said:

I fought the Jags love at the beginning of the season, but nobody listened to me. It is way different going from a 5 win team to a 9 win team compared to going from a 9 win team to a 12 win team. It is an exponential curve of difficulty.

The Jags have never proven they can be in the mix for a one seed, or even a double digit win team with consistency. They still have another gear they have to discover and learn how to achieve before I will take them seriously.

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, MJS said:

I fought the Jags love at the beginning of the season, but nobody listened to me. It is way different going from a 5 win team to a 9 win team compared to going from a 9 win team to a 12 win team. It is an exponential curve of difficulty.

The Jags have never proven they can be in the mix for a one seed, or even a double digit win team with consistency. They still have another gear they have to discover and learn how to achieve before I will take them seriously.

I just don't think Trevor Lawrence is as good as everyone wants to make him out to be and that's where the disconnect is.

People credit Lawrence for being an elite QB when he is simply a good one.

Also...it's better to fight the Jags love than the law...I tried to fight the law once, and the law won. 🤣

Edited by Big Turk
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

I just don't think Trevor Lawrence is as good as everyone wants to make him out to be and that's where the disconnect is.

People credit Lawrence for being an elite QB when he is simply a good one.

Also...it's better to fight the Jags love than the law...I tried to fight the law once, and the law won. 🤣

Who says he is elite? I'm not sure I have heard that much. They might project him to be elite one day, though.

30 minutes ago, MJS said:

The Lawrence ankle injury the loss of Kirk and Zay Jones (he matters) plus their DBs are all banged up has completely derailed them.  

Edited by Big Blitz

1 minute ago, Big Blitz said:

The Lawrence ankle injury the loss of Kirk and Zay Jones (he matters) plus their DBs are all banged up has complete derailed them.  

And now the Lawrence shoulder injury today.

That being said there is no excuse no matter what happened to ever go down 30-0 to a very mediocre TB team.

Edited by Big Turk

5 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

The Lawrence ankle injury the loss of Kirk and Zay Jones (he matters) plus their DBs are all banged up has completely derailed them.  

They can join the club. Every team is dealing with injuries.

21 minutes ago, MJS said:

Who says he is elite? I'm not sure I have heard that much. They might project him to be elite one day, though.

He was touted as the best QB to come out of college in like 20 years when he came out. Even Joe DiBiase on WGR said on the radio that he refuses to believe all the scouts were wrong about him. Well, it looks like they may have been

Wow guys, these examples over the past few weeks have been incredible!

With the Chiefs loss, if Baltimore beats Miami and we win out, we get the #2 seed!

From 13% chance to make the playoffs to very possible path to the #2 seed.

Go Bills!

@Einstein, @Success, @TheFunPolice, @Alphadawg7, @Freddie's Dead, @Big Turk, @NewEra

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 5

• BillsFan619 changed the title to Today is another example of why our season isn’t over (Updated - 12/25 - very possible path to #2)
4 minutes ago, BillsFan619 said:

Wow guys, these examples over the past few weeks have been incredible!

With the Chiefs loss, if Baltimore beats Miami and we win out, we get the #2 seed!

From 13% chance to make the playoffs to very possible path to the #2 seed.

Go Bills!

@Einstein, @Success, @TheFunPolice, @Alphadawg7, @Freddie's Dead, @Big Turk, @NewEra

Mmmmhmmmm.  This is why nothing really matters (except being mathematically eliminated from the playoffs) until December.   You never know which team will show up in December until December. 

• Like (+1) 1

• BillsFan619 changed the title to Today is another example of why our season isn’t over (Updated - 1/7 - WE’RE IN!!!)
2 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

All of the people who said "this team would NEVER lose to them" over the past month or so have looked like complete fools.

Agreed,my eyes got dizzy from all the eye rolls from people saying "meh, meh, meh, no way this team will lose" image.png.c3ddb9adec4aaf625c10ec48e325358a.png

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Goin Breakdown said:

Only if they care what others think of their opinions. 

No, they still look like fools either way. Whether they car or not is a different matter.

Better to keep you mouth shut and let others assume you are a fool than open it and confirm it.

On 12/3/2023 at 9:51 PM, Bills!Win! said:

In 2020 the bills had an 8 game winning streak until they lost the afc championship game 

in 2021 the bills had a 5 game winning streak until they lost in the divisional round

in 2022 the bills had an 8 game winning streak until they lost in the divisional round 

yes, even with McDermott

Lamp

• Haha (+1) 1

48 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

No, they still look like fools either way. Whether they car or not is a different matter.

Better to keep you mouth shut and let others assume you are a fool than open it and confirm it.

That fine man. This is a message board after all. We can't all be correct all the time. Now today I saw a video of a dude who bet 55k on the jags winning the south. That guy is in fact a fool.   Losing credibility on a message board because of your opinion means nothing. Losing 55k, that's just crazy. Go Bills

• BillsFan619 changed the title to Today is another example of why our season isn’t over (Updated - 1/7 - WE’RE IN as the 2 seed!)

This was one of the most improbable runs I have ever seen. To go from #11 to #2 in the AFC in 5 weeks is unreal. We beat three Playoff teams in that time, including the Chiefs @ Arrowhead, the NFC #2 seed, and tonight the Dolphins. 4 more to go baby!!! Go Bills!!!

• Awesome! (+1) 1

11 hours ago, BillsFan619 said:

We did it. The #2 seed. Woohoo!

Go Bills!

Feels good.  It wasn’t the euphoria I was hoping for especially for such a stressful game, but I feel pretty dam good this morning! Go Bills!

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.