SNF Chiefs at Packers Game Thread

Process

2 minutes ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

That last drive had like 6 missed or wrong calls by the refs. Jeesh. The one that bothered me was when they stopped the clock when the receiver clearly was going backwards out of bounds.

Yeah a game deciding drive and refs just do the opposite of what the objective call is supposed to be. 

I don’t know how anyone can bet their own money on these games. It’s WWE out there. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Process said:

Serious question. Who is good in the AFC?

It's going to sound weird considering where we are, but besides coaching decisions the Bills are really the team in the AFC that at times can play the best on both sides of the football. Since the offense has turned around that's just my thoughts. It is what it is. McDermott and that prevent defense at the end of the Eagles game make no sense to me, but when our secondary doesn't have a bunch of head injuries it's decent enough and the D-line is good so when it's attacking it's solid.

Edited by Warcodered

3 minutes ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

That last drive had like 6 missed or wrong calls by the refs. Jeesh. The one that bothered me was when they stopped the clock when the receiver clearly was going backwards out of bounds.

They have forgotten that rule completely.

• Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, boyst said:

The only concern point I have is all week the refs will have in their heads that the chiefs got jobbed. They'll be more apt to call PI and such against us.

There have been studies about this. 

Can we remind the officiating crew that we were absolutely bent over by the refs in our last game .. far worse than one missed call after they got a call for KC 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, HereComesTheReignAgain said:

Mahomes looked concussed when he got up after the sideline hit. He was unsteady when he stood up. 

Yeah, that ***** hurt and he did look stunned but I didn't see him catch any contact to the head.

1 minute ago, Charles Romes said:

League has been giving the PI calls depending on the skill level of the receiver more than ever. That’s why there was no call last week when sherfield was tackled before the ball arrived 

I noticed today…that after the Dallas/Seattle debacle, they didn’t throws tons of PI flags today.  Maybe the refs were told to dial it back.  

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, SCBills said:

Can we remind the officiating crew that we were absolutely bent over by the refs in our last game .. far worse than one missed call after they got a call for KC 

McDermott would never do this. He has no testicles 

• Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Nitro said:

Only way I can see the ref not calling  a PI is when MVS starts to stop because the ball is under thrown.  Not justifying the non call but only rationale I can come up with.

The angle they kept playing didn't show that at all. It was crucial. That ball wasn't being caught regardless. 

5 minutes ago, DaggersEOD said:

He looks old all of a sudden. 

Swiftly weakening the knees 

I do think the way they handled his injury took a toll on him later in the season, I mean no need to rest your ankle sprain for a week or anything will just put some shots in it so you don't feel it and you can go run and play on it. What's the worst that could happen.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Mark Vader said:

Tirico & Collinsworth will not let this phantom penalty on the Hail Mary pass go. Sheesh!

Yep. They just don’t call penalties on a hail mary.  They never do.  No one can act surprised when a flag is not thrown. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Nitro said:

Only way I can see the ref not calling  a PI is when MVS starts to stop because the ball is under thrown.  Not justifying the non call but only rationale I can come up with.

The ball was absolutely purposely underthrown to draw PI.  What, do you think the Chiefs actually thought MVS would make a play?

Collinsworth just can’t believe it because Brady got that call a hundred times.  

• Haha (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, SCBills said:

Bills beat KC next week and we’re one game behind them, with the head to head…

Just sayin…

Yes but does it really matter?

Unless we win the division which is looking incredibly unlikely, it doesn't really matter for our playoff purposes. KC is still a lock to win the AFC West, especially with Denver losing today. We're not really competing with them imo

• Like (+1) 1

It’s such dirty work that Collinsworth and Tirico just decide what the narrative from this game is going to be.  

Ignore the phantom late hit that gifted KC 15 yards.  

Ignore the obvious fact that the KC player was going backwards out of bounds, therefore clock runs.   Official misses the call and stops the clock.  

Nah.. we’re just going to focus on the missed PI … and then bizarrely talk about a Hail Mary as if they’ve never witnessed one before. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 4

1 minute ago, zow2 said:

Yep. They just don’t call penalties on a hail mary.  They never do.  No one can act surprised when a flag is not thrown. 

The truly stunning thing is that there actually wasn’t anything to call on that play.  

5 minutes ago, stevewin said:

Holy crap post game - when do they ever go on to campaign calls for the losing team - this is truly unbelievable 

If they are so concerned about terrible officiating, which they appear to be, then they should complain to Goodell about it.

He might listen to broadcasters, because he certainly doesn't listen to fans.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.