Week 10: Buy, Sell, Hold

boyst

Week 10 is upon us and we have struggled once again to find a win.

The premise of this game is simple. Pretend they're penny stocks or an investment. You can make up any player, position, coach, unit, or even other teams to put into this. Creativity is encouraged. Just because you want to make a move does not mean you endorse them to be great. You could simply be trying to buy while low, or sell while high.

Buy: Josh Allen. Why not? His stock can't be any lower.

Sell: Cook. He isn't getting the carries he deserves and we aren't going to stick to the run like we should. It's being phased out.

Hold: Tre White. I want so badly to restructure him or keep him on the team for the future but just don't see it happening.

Alternatively:

Buy: Kincaid because obviously.

Sell: everyone else

Hold: my vomit in.

• Haha (+1) 5

Buy: Linval Joseph. Looked amazing coming right off the couch and playing 42% of the snaps. Think he'll be a big help down the stretch.

Sell: Dane Jackson. After he balled out last week, I think his stock is at an all time high. I expect him to soon lose his starting job to Rasul Douglas, and for the primary starting duo at CB to be Douglas/Benford for the stretch run.

Hold: Von Miller. He's still not back to being the Von Miller of old. Every week he shows one or two flashes of that guy, though. If the Bills can find a way to get to the postseason, I think there's a chance he'll be "arriving" just in time.

Following your lead, an alternative response:

Buy: Tylenol and Prozac.

Sell: The hotel room I booked in Vegas for Super Bowl week

"Hold: My beer", say the Buffalo Bills to their fans when told "you can't frustrate us any more than you already have".

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 3

Buy:

Leonard Fournette. Not sure if this week he makes it to the active roster, but when he does I think his combination of experience and production will be pretty invaluable. 

Sell:

Dalton Kincaid. Not saying he is going to crash and burn, by any means. But after a few strong outings it's time for defensive coordinators to gameplan for him. I expect he will still get some production, but I also expect some schemes to take Allen's new security blanket away. 

Hold:

Rasul Douglas. Looked solid after 2 practices in a new surrounding. I expect his stock to be rising 

Also, I'll provide alternatives as well.

Buy: bye bye to the Bills playoff odds if they drop this one.

Sell: My soul to the devil for the Bills offense to click starting this week.

Hold: Me closer, Tony Danza. 

Edited by BuffaloBillyG
  • Haha (+1) 2

Buy:  Taron Johnson.  He’s going to have at least one INT on MNF, maybe returning it to the house.  This team is due for an INT, hosting Russell Wilson on MNF is the recipe for that to happen, and Taron is going to lead the way with a big play.

Sell:  Sam Martin.  He’s not going to need to punt much on Monday night, although may offer up a couple headscratchers when called upon.

Hold:  James Cook.  He’s had a couple quiet weeks, AND Leonard Fournette has joined this backfield.  May need to share some extra carries now, although will pop off some nice gains on Monday to remind us the value he can bring to the table too.

I ultimately think there’s a lot to buy heading into this game, hopefully the Bills prove me right!

Buy: Shakir. I think he’s emerging as the second best WR on the team. 

Sell: our aging safety duo. Love them both but our eyes ain’t lying.

Hold: Matt Milano. Can’t heal quick enough but I don’t think we see him until 2024.

20 hours ago, strive_for_five_guy said:

Buy:  Taron Johnson.  He’s going to have at least one INT on MNF, maybe returning it to the house.  This team is due for an INT, hosting Russell Wilson on MNF is the recipe for that to happen, and Taron is going to lead the way with a big play.

Sell:  Sam Martin.  He’s not going to need to punt much on Monday night, although may offer up a couple headscratchers when called upon.

Hold:  James Cook.  He’s had a couple quiet weeks, AND Leonard Fournette has joined this backfield.  May need to share some extra carries now, although will pop off some nice gains on Monday to remind us the value he can bring to the table too.

I ultimately think there’s a lot to buy heading into this game, hopefully the Bills prove me right!

There is always lots of good buys when the market is crashing!

• Haha (+1) 1

Buy: kincaid still on the way up

Sell: bills mafia. Fans rooting for a loss, can't get over a loss 2 years ago, hating the most succesful coach in team history who has a winning record this season, and has turned into a whiny entitled bunch.

Hold: McD.  The bills have been a top 3 team in wins for the last few years.  Don't let perfect be the enemy of very good comes to mind with him.

• Eyeroll 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Buy:  Shakir & Kincaid - The Knox injury has opened up more opportunities for both of them, and these guys are on the rise

Sell:  Dorsey - Ive lost all confidence that he can call a consistent game and I think he is just in over his head

Hold:  Cook - Talent is there, he just isn't getting used to his potential.  I expect they find more ways to get him more touches, even if its short passes as an extension of the run game.  

While not in my original buy, a premonition just came over me, which are usually correct when I’ve been drinking:  Von Miller is a buy for Monday night.  He’s been a ghost on the field so far - playing against his former team and having worked his way back from the ACL injury, he’s going to get at least a sack, but possibly more.

• Disagree 2

On 11/10/2023 at 7:53 AM, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

Buy: Chad Kelly.  Argos will be done soon.

😁🙄😉

Argos choked in the East yesterday, turned the ball over nine times.  Let the 'clamour for Chad' begin.

https://www.cbc.ca/amp/1.7026331

https://torontosun.com/sports/football/cfl/toronto-argonauts/simmons-no-repeat-grey-cup-for-inept-and-embarrassing-argonauts/wcm/3bf69326-92f5-4a05-9dbc-77d29bd8e935/amp/

Edited by Ridgewaycynic2013

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.