Should "Billsy" be censored on TBD?  

222 members have voted

1. 1. Yea, or Nay?

• Yes
    • No
    • You're (Hermes) an idiot
    • I'm an idiot

14 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

You are wrong about this and wrong about the idea that all fan bases think they are the best.    As a Miami Hurricanes fan(family school) I can assure you our fans aren't the best and it's generally accepted as fact by the fan base.

But back to the point......not all fan bases have a term to describe their futility.   When I coined "Billsy" here on TSW it wasn't because of any other fan base that had a similar reference..........it just fit.   It doesn't have a specific definition and doesn't need to.    It represented the tendency to do the wrong thing during a very long period of mediocrity.   

Lol first I was talking pro teams not college or any lower teams.  Also you are wrong every fan base has a term for when their team does something dumb. It’s the nature of the beast.

29 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

You are wrong about this and wrong about the idea that all fan bases think they are the best.    As a Miami Hurricanes fan(family school) I can assure you our fans aren't the best and it's generally accepted as fact by the fan base.

But back to the point......not all fan bases have a term to describe their futility.   When I coined "Billsy" here on TSW it wasn't because of any other fan base that had a similar reference..........it just fit.   It doesn't have a specific definition and doesn't need to.    It represented the tendency to do the wrong thing during a very long period of mediocrity.   

I mean havent we as fans, moved past the drought.  Things happen in the NFL and it's not exclusive to the Bills. I just think if we're truly as highly regarded as we say/think we are then a term like "Billsy" is a slap in the face to fans. Why would I want to support a team I, and others, think is "Billsy"?

12 minutes ago, PauleeeWalnuts said:

This Thread is very Billsy

The Falcons just found a Billsy way to lose. TD in the final seconds does them in. 

I’m not sure if I ever typed that word before, but I was feeling inspired.  😋

Edited by Augie
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Augie said:

The Falcons just found a Billsy way to lose. TD in the final seconds does them in. 

You know, if ever there was a change to be to made a heart emoji would suffice

10 minutes ago, 1ManRaid said:

I don't think this thread ever counted as positively contributing to the forum/community.

Has you're mom ever positively contributed to the forum/community?

• Haha (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, Augie said:

What are you talking about the Falcons have been the masters of choking for years now, it's honestly a little gross that they broadcast them getting off to their kink on television 17 weeks every season.

Edited by Warcodered

21 minutes ago, Hermes said:

I mean havent we as fans, moved past the drought.  Things happen in the NFL and it's not exclusive to the Bills. I just think if we're truly as highly regarded as we say/think we are then a term like "Billsy" is a slap in the face to fans. Why would I want to support a team I, and others, think is "Billsy"?

Billsy is a slap in the face to fans? Dude you take yourself far to seriously. I use it all the time and I take football too seriously but if it bothers you make fun of them 

• Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Hermes said:

I'm here today to make a formal request to the incredible mod team here on Two Bills Drive.

I'm sick and tired of fans on this forum using the term "Billsy" as a disingenuous way to compare anything regarding NFL teams, in particular our beloved Bills, to the way the Bills have performed in the past.

I find that this term is childish, pedantic, and frankly detrimental to the Bills organization as a whole. I would whole heartedly support the censoring of this term as many other words are censored on these boards.

Admittedly, I'm probably in the minority here, so I propose, we have a community-wide vote and the results stand. 

The irony in this post, makes it one of the best posts of the day, humor wise. 

18 minutes ago, Aussie Joe said:

Bucs just lost a game in a very Billsy way 

Every NFL fan understands this comment. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.