Around the NFL Week 9

EmotionallyUnstable

Just now, FrenchConnection said:

They didn't call that when he played for the Pats, did they?

Magic 8-ball says......it is certain

1 minute ago, Dick_Cheney said:

The League desperately wants a Chiefs/Eagles Super Bowl.

Sure starting to look that way. Some of the calls today have been the worst I've ever seen. And I've seen a lot of ***** calls.

15 minutes ago, Roundybout said:

He’s awful. You have to feel for Reich being stuck with him. 

The Panthers are going to get the #1 pick in a QB-loaded draft and they won’t have it because they traded it to move up to get Young.  Can’t see how their GM survives that, even if it was the owner’s decision to pick Young.  Owners don’t fire themselves. 

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, BRH said:

The Panthers are going to get the #1 pick in a QB-loaded draft and they won’t have it because they traded it to move up to get Young.  Can’t see how their GM survives that, even if it was the owner’s decision to pick Young.  Owners don’t fire themselves. 

You don't have your 1st this year and the #2 pick of the trade you traded to move to #1 looks like an All-Star (Stroud)

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Bubba Gump said:

Sure starting to look that way. Some of the calls today have been the worst I've ever seen. And I've seen a lot of ***** calls.

Chiefs were penalized nine times today to the Dolphins’ six, and the non-call on the hit on Mahomes out of bounds followed by the drive-extending call for Miami in the fourth very nearly changed the game.  Only McDaniel’s dumb playcalling and Tua’s choking saved the Chiefs. 

I watch a lot of Syracuse games (unfortunately). I never once thought I’d ever see Tommy DeVito in an NFL uniform, let alone take a snap in an actual game, let alone start one.  

Man did he just hang his receiver out to dry there just now. 

• Agree 1

7 minutes ago, BRH said:

who trades multiple picks for a qb with the physical stature of a middle school boy  Shocker its not working out

11 minutes ago, BRH said:

Chiefs were penalized nine times today to the Dolphins’ six, and the non-call on the hit on Mahomes out of bounds followed by the drive-extending call for Miami in the fourth very nearly changed the game.  Only McDaniel’s dumb playcalling and Tua’s choking saved the Chiefs. 

I get that, but the number of times a team is penalized doesn't matter. It's when and what the penalties are. That returned fumble was a BS call. I don't think Tyreek (who I hate) ever had control and also had forward motion stopped. At least that's what I saw. 

12 minutes ago, Bubba Gump said:

I get that, but the number of times a team is penalized doesn't matter. It's when and what the penalties are. That returned fumble was a BS call. I don't think Tyreek (who I hate) ever had control and also had forward motion stopped. At least that's what I saw. 

Fair enough.  I was completely okay with the call.  It’s possible I’m biased.  🤣

• Thank you (+1) 1

That 4th down where the TE came down on the 1/2 yard line could have been the field goal that put them within 3 and they'd have the lead right now.  Assuming their kicker made the kicks.

How many seconds ran off the clock while they were trying to figure out who recovered that?

Edited by Maine-iac

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.