11/5/23 Week #9 SNF GAMEDAY Bills @ Bengals Pregame Thread

Chandler#81

I feel bad for reading here and seeing a lot of hope and optimism. I want to feel it, but I can't. Ugh!!

Maybe it's just the last two games against them. I know the first was a whopping 9 minutes total, but they looked like they were going to move with effortless ease every time they had the ball. Same thing happened in the divisional. I guess I don't know what exactly would make it different this time around? Looks like Josh is most likely going to have to put on his cape for us to have a chance.

Just not feeling good about this one, but would love to be proven wrong.

• Disagree 1

1 minute ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

Chris Brown says Douglas on STs but maybe not Defense…we are the only team in the league that can’t trust guys to be integrated 

That would be disappointing. Josh Dobbs stepped in at QB for the Vikings after just one week of being on the team. We better be able to implement a CB, at least platoon him with Jackson.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2

4 minutes ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

Chris Brown says Douglas on STs but maybe not Defense…we are the only team in the league that can’t trust guys to be integrated 

Please no. He’s a starting CB 

1 minute ago, Blank Stare said:

Would’ve preferred Poona be active over Settle. 

I thought he played pretty well against the Bucs. Settle is invisible every game

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

13 minutes ago, BillsFooteball said:

I get the importance and the point and partially agree. But if that’s the case what have we found about Miami? They can’t beat a .500 football team? So we have to wait until what week 15 when they play cowboys to see again if they can beat anyone? They beat the teams they should beat so I will give them that credit

But it cuts both ways. Who have the Bills beat? Seriously, not trying to be a jerk. 

6 minutes ago, Aimee75 said:

I feel bad for reading here and seeing a lot of hope and optimism. I want to feel it, but I can't. Ugh!!

Maybe it's just the last two games against them. I know the first was a whopping 9 minutes total, but they looked like they were going to move with effortless ease every time they had the ball. Same thing happened in the divisional. I guess I don't know what exactly would make it different this time around? Looks like Josh is most likely going to have to put on his cape for us to have a chance.

McDermott has been good in regular season revenge games. 

Teams coming off a huge emotional win (Bengals at SF) have been coming down to earth the following week.

Bills playing as underdogs and a chip usually seem to come out and perform, especially in prime time.

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, newcam2012 said:

But it cuts both ways. Who have the Bills beat? Seriously, not trying to be a jerk. 

They beat Miami

1 minute ago, Aimee75 said:

Okay, now I am seeing reports of Josh not throwing on the field, but Kyle Allen is. WTH?? 

Josh has a bum shoulder

15 minutes ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

ST only makes no sense. FWIW, Joe B. predicted more than 25 snaps on D.

• Like (+1) 2

11 minutes ago, Aimee75 said:

I feel the same way. I don't see a wide path for the Bills to win. 

The Bengals are bad match up for the Bills. Burrow is elite and runs a great west coast offense. He reads the Bills defense and shreds to Bills zone. They mix in the run, are great at screens, and take their shots deep when he sees one on one coverage. This is a defensive nightmare for the Bills. I'd feel better if we had a healthy Von, Milano, Tre, and Jones. Without that this seems like a daunting task. 

The Bills offense has to be flawless. However, Lou A had shown to confuse the offense. He has taken Dorsey to the woodshed. Hard to feel confident he can outmaneuver his defense. 

We fans gotta hope for the best. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, newcam2012 said:

The Bengals are bad match up for the Bills. Burrow is elite and runs a great west coast offense. He reads the Bills defense and shreds to Bills zone. They mix in the run, are great at screens, and take their shots deep when he sees one on one coverage. This is a defensive nightmare for the Bills. I'd feel better if we had a healthy Von, Milano, Tre, and Jones. Without that this seems like a daunting task. 

The Bills offense has to be flawless. However, Lou A had shown to confuse the offense. He has taken Dorsey to the woodshed. Hard to feel confident he can outmaneuver his defense. 

Give it a rest man

• Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 3

2 minutes ago, newcam2012 said:

We all know how you feel.  You have said this same post like 100 times this week.  You don't need to look for opportunities to repeat yourself like a broken record.

5 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

They beat Miami

Josh has a bum shoulder

That's my point Scott. Most on here think Miami isn't very good. 

1 minute ago, Casey D said:

Give it a rest man

Ok. 

1 minute ago, Scott7975 said:

We all know how you feel.  You have said this same post like 100 times this week.  You don't need to look for opportunities to repeat yourself like a broken record.

Ok

9 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

They beat Miami

Josh has a bum shoulder

I know, but if it's THAT bad that he can't even be on the field, I am wondering if it's worth playing him. This sucks, but I hate the thought of it getting even worse tonight.

1 minute ago, Scott7975 said:

They are good enough to be a playoff team.  Anything can happen in the playoffs.

The general theme on here is the Dolphins can't beat good teams. Hence, they aren't very good.  Correct? 

Just wondering why that theme doesn't apply to Buffalo this year. Scott, they haven't beaten anyone good. 

It's hypercritical of people to sling mud at the Dolphins when their record indicates similar results. 

8 hours ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

This is one of those games where McDermott can shake the narrative that he is in fact Marvin Lewis’s long lost cousin by ironically playing against the team that employed one Marvin Lewis.  

Ahh, the vocal minority thinks this is a narrative. Just cuz a few lynch mob members shout it doesn’t mean it’s a thing. I guess Andy Reid is a long lost cousin who took like 20 years to win one. Is Kyle Shanahan a relative too?

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Aimee75 said:

I know, but if it's THAT bad that he can't even be on the field, I am wondering if it's worth playing him. This sucks, but I hate the thought of it getting even worse tonight.

Yes, if he is capable of playing then he should play.  It probably isn't something that can get worse.  It's probably just about managing pain.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.