Raiders fired HC Josh McDaniels and GM Dave Ziegler.

Process

36 minutes ago, 716 said:

In no world is Jimmy G. a better QB then Carr, who I don't think very highly of either. Carr suffered through some of the worst defenses in the NFL. Jimmy G. was propped up by surrounding talent, similar to Brock Purdy. Didn't he win the NFC Championship game throwing like 9 passes?

Jimmy G’s days as a starting QB in the NFL are over after this year.  He’s been badly exposed and of course can’t stay healthy.  I suspect he will hang on for a few more years as a backup because he seems to be a good guy and very popular in the locker room.

• Agree 1

51 minutes ago, PatsFanNH said:

Umm Carr stinks, and Jimmy G. Was a winner his entire career till Vegas. His issue is he is made of glass. So it isn’t the same thing at all.

Players in Ne Loved playing for him, I think the “ass” thing is a fan perspective especially in Indy where he said yes then jilted them at the last minute.

I don’t understand firing the GM. The Raiders have some amazing talent on that team, IMO he did his job. 

Jimmy G has made a career off of being the guy who was drafted to be the heir to Brady. 

He’s a fine game manager/ball distributor. He’s nothing more than that - he won because he’s been surrounded by two very good coaches up to this point. 

Players in NE loved McD because he wasn’t Belichick. Nobody in Denver liked him because he was a total ####### (articles everywhere) and it sounds like he wasn’t revered in LV. 

"After trading away the young nucleus of our offense including Jay Cutler, Josh said to the entire team 'Fellas don't worry about the QB situation, I can turn a HS QB into an All Pro,'" Polumbus wrote on Twitter. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Dablitzkrieg said:

I wish we could pin  comments like this in signatures, so everyone could block you

Let me guess, you think Jon Gruden was railroaded. 

Statistics pretty much prove that the NFL coaching ranks are a good ol' boy network, and since almost all of the good ol' boys are white, white good ol' boys get most of the opportunities, even those with mediocre resumes.   The NFL itself has acknowledged this with their continuing attempts to see more African Americans hired as head coaches.   At the time Brian Flores filed his lawsuit against the NFL and Broncos, Giants, and Texans in 2022, there was only 1 Black HC in the NFL.  In 2023, there are 3 Black HCs in the NFL, the same number that were in the league when the NFL instituted the Rooney Rule twenty years ago.   Those are pretty skewed stats given that 70% of NFL players are black.

• Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, Captain Hindsight said:

Not to mention what he did to the Colts. When people show who they are, believe them

I get not keeping the interim coach, you want a clean slate. But McDaniels was a horrible hire and they gave him a 6 year deal??? Why?

Mark 'What, Me Worry?' Davis.  After Chuckie, he won't get fooled again. 🤨

Nobody can understand why even unproven coaches have long term deals, but hey, it's owners' money, and it doesn't impact the salary cap, so who cares.  One of the reasons might be that the players have to know the coaches have some leverage. Many players are paid more than coaches, and there are 53 players, one HC, so we all know what is easier to change...

Bill Barnwell just wrote a long and very good article on espn.com about the McDaniel/Ziegler regime.  Summary: If it weren’t for their bad decisions, they wouldn’t have made any at all…the team is in deep trouble and it will take years to dig out. May be forced to trade Maxx Crosby this offseason just to add draft capital in order to rebuild.

• Like (+1) 1

The NFL has always been a league of bonehead owners hiring bonehead retread coaches. Rich Kotite from the early 90s is a great example of the "why would you give that guy a 2nd chance"  phenomena and there have been several others. Josh Mcdaniels is a coordinator at best. Davis seems to be as incompetent and nasty as his father was (except of course without any SBs). 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.