Week 9 thread - We’re on to Cincinnati

BillsFan619

30 minutes ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

JOE MIXON LISTED AS QUESTIONABLE.

Hopefully that dirt bag doesn't play.   Guy was involved in a domestic incident the day before the playoff game wasn't he?

Mixon was a full go at practice today.  If he goes down we would have to pull Ickey Woods out of the crowd to play RB.

• Dislike 1

3 minutes ago, hondo in seattle said:

The OL has generally looked better than last year.  But I'm suspicious of any metric that says our OL is the very best at pass pro.  

as am I

33 minutes ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

JOE MIXON LISTED AS QUESTIONABLE.

Hopefully that dirt bag doesn't play.   Guy was involved in a domestic incident the day before the playoff game wasn't he?

How could he possibly focus on football right now when there are so many women eating at restaurants remaining unpunched

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Caesar said:

A few reasons:

1.  Burrow not being healthy until week 7 is pain in the a$$ and becoming quite annoying.  His limitations have been obvious 3 years in a row.  It is amazing how high our stats were at the end of each season.  We literally start out on the bottom third of every offensive category each season. 

2.  Offense line in 2021 was the worst in the league.  Oline up until week 7 or 8 last year was awful.  It is better this year.

3.  Zac Taylor doe not scheme well at all.  Mike McDaniel could do wonders with our WR corp and Burrow.  We simply do not scheme anyone open it seems.  Play calling has also been horrendous at times.  

I will say that last couple of games the scheme and play calling has been more creative, of course the TE room is pathetically awful.  We would gladly take Pete Metzelaars in his 60's right now.

This is how a lot of Bills fans feel about our OC (Dorsey).   Some folks complain about Allen running around instead of getting the ball out quickly.  It would be easier if Dorsey's schemes and play-calls gave Allen someone to throw to.  

• Like (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, hondo in seattle said:

This is how a lot of Bills fans feel about our OC (Dorsey).   Some folks complain about Allen running around instead of getting the ball out quickly.  It would be easier if Dorsey's schemes and play-calls gave Allen someone to throw to.  

I dont want to diminish Tua in any way, and Hill has been tremendous for them, but Mike McDaniel with Burrow or Allen would be extremely dangerous IMHO.

Edited by Caesar
  • Like (+1) 2

9 minutes ago, Caesar said:

I dont want to diminish Tua in any way, and Hill has been tremendous for them, but Mike McDonald with Burrow or Allen would be extremely dangerous IMHO.

It's Old McDonald or Mike McDaniel.  🙂  Either way I find him annoying.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Caesar said:

You seem to think Boyd and Chase are Rhodes Scholars....?  The fragility here about the Bengals being asked about McKenzie's comment is quite sad.  It is like those of you whining about that never played ball in your life.  The Benglas do not care about any snow comments.  These are ball players answering questions from dumb beat reporters looking for a sound bite.  How do you NOT know this?

Fans overhype the bulletin board material because they are amateurs.  Now the playoff situation last year?  Sure that probably angered some of the players, the Bills had nothing to do with that, they were just the next game.

Every team has dumb players that say dumb things and many times just say whatever and every team has fragile amateur fans that take stupid statements way too seriously.  Professional NFL teams should not, and do not, require artificial stupid motivation to win a game.  But the bulletin board stupidity makes for message board content for the less uninformed people. 

Don't give me that condescending crap. I wasn't attacking you. I DO know that they were answering questions. I'm not an idiot or fragile. The bangles are the ones causing the drama. "Please disrespect us". They are looking to get offended and find material and yeah their media play into it. Waaaaaawaaaaaa the NFL we're selling tickets to Bills KC game last year but guess what they were selling bangles and Jacksonville too, but all you heard about was Cinci being "disrespected". "The league is fixed and selling tickets to Buffalo KC." Give me a break. 

Edited by Goin Breakdown

3 hours ago, Patrick Duffy said:

If someone may have already posted any updated info regarding this, Haven't had chance to get time to look throughout thread yet so sorry to bring it up again....

But was curious has anything been mentioned yet of possibility any of the 3 new players could go Sunday night? Thanks

Guess I assume nobody knows yet and maybe by tomorrow will be some updated info  

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Goin Breakdown said:

Don't give me that condescending crap. I wasn't attacking you. I DO know that they were answering questions. I'm not an idiot or fragile. The bangles are the ones causing the drama. "Please disrespect us". They are looking to get offended and find material and yeah their media play into it. Waaaaaawaaaaaa the NFL we're selling tickets to Bills KC game last year but guess what they were selling bangles and Jacksonville too, but all you heard about was Cinci being "disrespected". "The league is fixed and selling tickets to Buffalo KC." Give me a break. 

You say you are not fragile yet you are up in arms about an opposing football team utilizing or even manufacturing motivation tactics for their players?  You think that the Bengals are the only team that does this?  The only team that has ever done this?   C'mon man.

4 hours ago, SCBills said:

Literally every breakdown I’ve heard talks about how the Bengals Offense needs to start strong.  

If they do, they’ll likely win the game. 

Fantastic news given our defense loves giving up points on opening drives. 

...and late in the 4th too.

God forbid we get a comfy lead and NOT piss it away late in a game to create another nail-biter.

And officiating...we have had some poor crews since London. The kind that get overly involved influencing the flow of the game with too many head-scratchers.

Let them play... I hate a flag fest.

3 minutes ago, Patrick Duffy said:

Guess I assume nobody knows yet and maybe by tomorrow will be some updated info  

Nothing has been reported yet, I would be confident Joseph plays, Douglas I think will be active but fornette will take time (think a reporter mentioned it might be weeks before he has a chance to be called up)

• Like (+1) 1

Given the Bills' somewhat uneven performance so far this season, every game seems extremely important, but this week seems especially so. Still facing road games at KC, Philly, LAC and Miami, with 3 losses already on the board, the Bills' margin of error has narrowed heading into Game 8. Plus, it's a conference game and the Bills have already dug themselves a hole with 3 conference losses. I just hope the 10 days between games allows the Bills to be as healthy as possible and afforded the coaching staff sufficient time to dial down on how to beat the Bengals. Hopefully last year's drubbing by the Bengals really incentivizes the Bills and they avoid their recent 1 quarter blues.

3 hours ago, Caesar said:

You seem to think Boyd and Chase are Rhodes Scholars....?  The fragility here about the Bengals being asked about McKenzie's comment is quite sad.  It is like those of you whining about that never played ball in your life.  The Benglas do not care about any snow comments.  These are ball players answering questions from dumb beat reporters looking for a sound bite.  How do you NOT know this?

Fans overhype the bulletin board material because they are amateurs.  Now the playoff situation last year?  Sure that probably angered some of the players, the Bills had nothing to do with that, they were just the next game.

Every team has dumb players that say dumb things and many times just say whatever and every team has fragile amateur fans that take stupid statements way too seriously.  Professional NFL teams should not, and do not, require artificial stupid motivation to win a game.  But the bulletin board stupidity makes for message board content for the less uninformed people. 

I understand your point, but you are just wrong when it comes to the Bengals.  They have an MO of whining and searching for extra motivation by hanging on to dumb stuff, and just making stuff up as in the case currently being debated.  Their coach encourages it.  He was behind the whole "we are being dissed because the Bills are selling Championship tickets" BS last year.  This is not fans being sensitive despite your arrogant comments.  In the case of the Bengals, it's a real thing.  They are whiney *****, led by a whiney B word.  Sorry, but its true.  You will never see the Bills doing this, because they have real leaders.

14 minutes ago, FLFan said:

I understand your point, but you are just wrong when it comes to the Bengals.  They have an MO of whining and searching for extra motivation by hanging on to dumb stuff, and just making stuff up as in the case currently being debated.  Their coach encourages it.  He was behind the whole "we are being dissed because the Bills are selling Championship tickets" BS last year.  This is not fans being sensitive despite your arrogant comments.  In the case of the Bengals, it's a real thing.  They are whiney *****, led by a whiney B word.  Sorry, but its true.  You will never see the Bills doing this, because they have real leaders.

This is very amateur FL Fan, every team comes up with some kind of motivation, I doubt that it ever truly works with professional athletes.  Why fans would get so riled up at an opponents attempts to motivate their players is crazy.  Saying that the Bills never use motivation is quite revealing as well.  

You seem to be experiencing some serious coping on an issue that has nothing to do with the Bills, unless you think that the "tickets motivation" is what caused the Bengals to thoroughly whip the Bills in the playoffs?  Our fanbase isnt too caught up in these things, we do have some young ones that get fired up over trivial silly things like these but those of us that have been around a long while take it for what it is... nothing.

1 hour ago, Caesar said:

You say you are not fragile yet you are up in arms about an opposing football team utilizing or even manufacturing motivation tactics for their players?  You think that the Bengals are the only team that does this?  The only team that has ever done this?   C'mon man.

You just choosing to not take into consideration that I said this in the original comment?

"Obviously  this has nothing to do with you, so just know that I'm simply talking to you since your a fan. (Respect man)"

You come back with all this "amateur  fragile fan crap and then try gaslighting with your "up in arms" comment. 
This is a message board where we talk about all things related to the game. 
Your team and the media have been making waves on social media, and sports radio in regard to this topic so Get off your high horse and stop acting like your so above. 

Edited by Goin Breakdown

10 minutes ago, Goin Breakdown said:

You just choosing to not take into consideration that I said this in the original comment?

"Obviously  this has nothing to do with you, so just know that I'm simply talking to you since your a fan. (Respect man)"

You come back with all this "amateur  fragile fan crap and then try gaslighting with your "up in arms" comment. 
This is a message board where we talk about all things related to the game. 
Your team and the media have been making waves on social media, and sports radio in regard to this topic. But how dare I talk about it without being lumped into your fragile fan narrative. 

Apologies if I mistook your original comment. 
Brother if you understood how clowny our local media can be.  Since Burrow arrived we have so many bandwagoners doing media and Cincy gives out press passes to anyone.  It is like they make ish up just to provide content daily.  So many times the players are asked stupid questions and these guys run with it.  And I have already acknowledged that we have some low IQ ballers when it comes to guys giving answers in the locker room.

It's just a weird conversation.  I cant imagine me getting upset because of some motivation McDermott may have said.....?   I will say that we have one of the younger teams in the league so maybe it helps those guys somewhat?  

Edited by Caesar

9 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

I can't believe you bunch of fragile amateur idiots aren't agreeing w this guy more

If I do not attend the game will you be ok with me hanging out in your game day chat?  🙂

Edited by Caesar
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

5 minutes ago, Caesar said:

Apologies if I mistook your original comment. 
Brother if you understood how clowny our local media can be.  Since Burrow arrived we have so many bandwagoners doing media and Cincy gives out press passes to anyone.  It is like they make ish up just to provide content daily.  So many times the players are asked stupid questions and these guys run with it.  And I have already acknowledged that we have some low IQ ballers when it comes to guys giving answers in the locker room.

It's just a weird conversation.  I cant imagine me getting upset because of some motivation McDermott may have said.....?   I will say that we have one of the younger teams in the league so maybe it helps those guys somewhat?  

Trust me man. I'm not upset in the least. It's just been a talking point and was fresh on my mind. I would love nothing more than to talk Xs and Os because truly there is a lot better things than whatever it is we're going back and forth about. I say truce. Lol

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, I Am The Liquor said:

If you think this is bad,  you should def go in the game day thread and feel the absolute misery and brutality.  GO BILLS!!!

I was joking but my man.  We have the same group on our game day that never post on the board but show up every single game and it is pathetically stupid.
If the opponent gets a 1st down - our "defense is the worst in history", "fire Lou", if we have to punt in the 1st Qtr, "we are definitely losing this game".

I think I would rather be here, in no way could it be worse than ours.  Our idiots out idiot anyone elses.

7 minutes ago, Goin Breakdown said:

Trust me man. I'm not upset in the least. It's just been a talking point and was fresh on my mind. I would love nothing more than to talk Xs and Os because truly there is a lot better things than whatever it is we're going back and forth about. I say truce. Lol

For sure my man. 

Question: If Benford doesnt play that obviously forces Rasul into the lineup, how thin does that make your CB room?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Caesar said:

I was joking but my man.  We have the same group on our game day that never post on the board but show up every single game and it is pathetically stupid.
If the opponent gets a 1st down - our "defense is the worst in history", "fire Lou", if we have to punt in the 1st Qtr, "we are definitely losing this game".

I think I would rather be here, in no way could it be worse than ours.  Our idiots out idiot anyone elses.

For sure my man. 

Question: If Benford doesnt play that obviously forces Rasul into the lineup, how thin does that make your CB room?

It's not great. Dane Jackson. Taron Johnson (slot corner) CamLewis (sort of a safety/corner) not sure if they'd call up Jamarcus Ingram from PS. I'd be interested in Sul even if Benford plays. At least if he plays a little. Sul has a great attitude about it. Says basically that this is what he gets paid to do and other than terminology, he knows the style system buffalo plays. 

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Goin Breakdown said:

It's not great. Dane Jackson. Taron Johnson (slot corner) CamLewis (sort of a safety/corner) not sure if they'd call up Jamarcus Ingram from PS. I'd be interested in Sul even if Benford plays. At least if he plays a little. Sul has a great attitude about it. Says basically that this is what he gets paid to do and other than terminology, he knows the style system buffalo plays. 

Norman looked sprightly last week. Not ideal, but he'd probably be in there ahead of Ingram (imo).

Kind of alarmed by Benford's late addition to the report.  Obviously, our best corner at the moment - and we're facing a trio of excellent receivers.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Success said:

Norman looked sprightly last week. Not ideal, but he'd probably be in there ahead of Ingram (imo).

Kind of alarmed by Benford's late addition to the report.  Obviously, our best corner at the moment - and we're facing a trio of excellent receivers.

Ha!! I totally forgot about Norman. He's still climbing out of the hole in my mind that Henry buried him in. 
I'm hoping with Benford, it's just that he had to step away for a little tweek. I believe if they miss any practice snaps they're marked limited so we'll see. 

15 minutes ago, Goin Breakdown said:

i was reminded about Josh Norman  ehh he's jag at this point   I hope we're all surprised and he makes a play or two  

• Like (+1) 1

28 minutes ago, Caesar said:

Those dudes are in every fan base man.  My brother is a big time Cowboys fan.   I'll watch their games with him if the Bills aren't playing.  If the boys go up early its great, other team scores first, I usually tap out on watching that game real quick lol. 

• Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, Caesar said:

This is dumb.  Allen could still move and throw.  Also Allen is alien, so big and strong.  It really is stupid to say Burrow starts slow just because.... 
Our offensive line and defense both start slow - these are true.

It’s really stupid to say that Burrow starts slow just because……he starts slow?  

@Big Turksaid “until he proves otherwise”.   Sure, he’s always injured, but he’s always starting slow.  As a fan it gets you mad for w/e reason. Talk to Joe, tell him not to get hurt next summer and play well to start the season.  Then, and only then, will his narrative chance.  That’s how you change narratives……not by saying this is dumb. 

I do think his injuries have played a part in his poor starts- but until he doesn’t start slow, he’s a slow starter

1 minute ago, NewEra said:

It’s really stupid to say that Burrow starts slow just because……he starts slow?  

@Big Turksaid “until he proves otherwise”.   Sure, he’s always injured, but he’s always starting slow.  As a fan it gets you mad for w/e reason. Talk to Joe, tell him not to get hurt next summer and play well to start the season.  Then, and only then, will his narrative chance.  That’s how you change narratives……not by saying this is dumb. 

I do think his injuries have played a part in his poor starts- but until he doesn’t start slow, he’s a slow starter

2021  Guy cant do sprints due to ACL MCL PCL reconstructions.
2022 Guy had major surgery and lost 20 pounds immediately before the season.  Josh could lose 20 pounds and likely not be impacted that much, but not Joe.
2023 Guy missed the entirety of the preseason, which is kind of important for a QB.  The offense was limited to 40% of the play book.  He couldnt plant and throw, couldnt move at all.  This is more of a critique of our pathetic backup QB room, to go along with the worst TE and RB rooms.

I think it only makes sense to informed ball knowing folks to see him start a season healthy first before making this claim, but you be you.

1 hour ago, Caesar said:

If I do not attend the game will you be ok with me hanging out in your game day chat?  🙂

Serious question: is there a bengals forum you use that has a similar thread? I’m curious why you choose to bring your crusade here, especially on game day, if there is an alternative? 

1 minute ago, EmotionallyUnstable said:

Serious question: is there a bengals forum you use that has a similar thread? I’m curious why you choose to bring your crusade here, especially on game day, if there is an alternative? 

That was a joke.  Please read the other comments.  Im not on a crusade.  Why do you feel... I dont know the right word.... offended or threatened?  We're just talking ball.

4 minutes ago, RichRiderBills said:

I never understood other team fans that come on here to chat. I don't get Bills fans going on other teams board to chat either. This almost never can or will come from a place of civility. It mostly ends up in trolling silliness. 

Fans like to have more info on the other team and talk ball with other fans, I really enjoy talking with other fans when I attend away games.  You be you though.

1 hour ago, Caesar said:

2021  Guy cant do sprints due to ACL MCL PCL reconstructions.
2022 Guy had major surgery and lost 20 pounds immediately before the season.  Josh could lose 20 pounds and likely not be impacted that much, but not Joe.
2023 Guy missed the entirety of the preseason, which is kind of important for a QB.  The offense was limited to 40% of the play book.  He couldnt plant and throw, couldnt move at all.  This is more of a critique of our pathetic backup QB room, to go along with the worst TE and RB rooms.

I think it only makes sense to informed ball knowing folks to see him start a season healthy first before making this claim, but you be you.

I mean other QB's start the season injured. Other QB's don't throw 4 INTs in a game or throw for 82 yards.

1 hour ago, Caesar said:

That was a joke.  Please read the other comments.  Im not on a crusade.  Why do you feel... I dont know the right word.... offended or threatened?

I feel genuinely curious and confused why you’d choose to come here to do that instead of a bengals board.

Threated? Offended? These are the kind of comments that lead people to determine you’re crusading. 

Talk ball all ya want. Finding a respectful tone while visiting an opposing teams board is free. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.