Twitter - Josh, Von called players only meeting (reporter also mentioned possibility at McD presser)

BillsFan619

1 minute ago, jlgarsh said:

I disagree, if he uses the meeting to hold himself accountable with his teammates. It all depends on the angle he goes with.

You taking bets? If he was really a leader he'd have grabbed one of the younger guys to lead it and told the younger guy specifically to call him out in the meeting.

Why didn't Milano call it? Nobody would argue with his credibility with the team. The answer is simple, he's not contributing on the field. Neither is Von.

2 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

So Practice. But hey all good you are fine with someone “getting up to speed” when you have a unit decimated by injury that really could use that roster spot. But hey it’s all good because Von won with other teams 

Stay clueless my friend.

• Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

Could Von call this players meeting from the PuP?  Did he needs to be activated for 50 snaps over 3 weeks to be able to call a players only meeting?  Does PuP also take his “leadership” and “valuable voice” away? 

Sure. Why not? Let’s pretend Von is on PUP this week. Feel better now?

What a very weird thing to be focused on in this conversation.  

Von Miller and Josh Allen called this meeting because they are the two primary captains on the team. You know, the dudes with the gold "C" on their jerseys. That is voted on by the team at the end of training camp. I would assume that the other captains also participated in running the meeting. I could almost hear Diggs yelling from Cincinnati.

Edited by FrenchConnection

4 minutes ago, EasternOHBillsFan said:

He did... it's called winning the Lombardi Trophy TWICE and being chosen Super Bowl MVP, more than any active Buffalo Bills player has ever done.

BINGO.  Something that is ignored by any Bills fan who can't bear Von's positive approach because it exposes their own misery 

Edited by Warriorspikes51
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 3

15 minutes ago, Buffalo619 said:

This team is mentally weak and fragile.  Josh Allen’s curse is that he plays exactly as good as whoever he is playing against.   

If this is the case then the back half of the season is going to be awesome!

18 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

It’s a football team Blitz. It’s not life or death. At some point you begin to realize that we, the fans, care one heck of a lot more than this roster and coaching staff does. 

I think there’s a lot of truth to this actually.

12 minutes ago, FrenchConnection said:

Von Miller and Josh Allen called this meeting because they are the two primary captains on the team. You know, the dudes with the gold "C" on their jerseys. That is voted on by the team at the end of training camp. I would assume that the other captains also participated in running the meeting. I could almost hear Diggs yelling from Cincinnati.

It's silly that he was picked as a Captain this year, starting out on IR. A typical popularity contest.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.