McD Press Conference Comments

Dubie54

5 minutes ago, Draconator said:

Dorsey is not the problem. McDermott is the problem, trying to be an offensive coach. Daboll gave McDermott a big FU, and we saw how cold their greeting was at the end of the Giants game. The offensive was also better under Daboll.

That is why so many coaches have left.  Spot on.  Daboll hated that guy.  All the receivers loved Chad Hall. He went to some team and it wasn’t a promotion.  That could have been one of the things that Diggs was pissed about.

I keep hearing this idea that we are holding guys back and acting like we don’t need everything to beat certain teams. Maybe that’s coming back to get us? I’m not saying the team itself is representing this thought process and it could be completely untrue. If there is 1 ounce of truth to that, I want new coaches.

I don’t know how dumb you’d have to be to throttle back thinking you can win at 3/4 speed…what is the purpose? It’s a zero benefit thought. Each one of these games count the same. 1 win. If you think you can keep writing off weeks, losses, seasons etc. Then you need to be removed. Every single week should be all we have. You get up 28 in a game and start taking guys out? Fine. If you decide on Tuesday that you don’t need your A game to beat someone and you hold things back? I want you fired. That’s a complete loser mentality. This isn’t college football. All these teams are too good to mess around with and you will get beat while messing around. I really hope this is all a media creation but if there is any throttling in that locker room, I wasn’t everyone gone. People that think like that will never win big.

15 minutes ago, I'm Spartacus said:

Lets all light scented candles and sing kumbaya Sean. We can bond and be a more efficient team. Holistically I mean....

I get that you associate that word with hippies and crystals but it just means parts relative to the whole 🤷‍♂️

Edited by Shortchaz

16 minutes ago, I'm Spartacus said:

Lets all light scented candles and sing kumbaya Sean. We can bond and be a more efficient team. Holistically I mean....

I think you are confusing the actual meaning of “holistic”with how some people have misused it. It just means looking at individual aspects of something and how they are interconnected when looking at the entirety of something. That makes sense when looking at a team, offense, etc. 

• Agree 1

57 minutes ago, I'm Spartacus said:

Dude, time to get out of William and Mary 101 Psychology Class! Holistically was his comment? This is freaking football. Enough with the over analyzing the game. Big guys run, tackle, block and score more points than the opposition. It's way simpler than his terrible explanations each week. He is really bad at the podium...

You’re the one analyzing a freaking press conference.

• Haha (+1) 1

26 minutes ago, Bad Things said:

So, this is what you decided to Blitch about? His use of the word "holistically"?

Are you really Sparticus? 

I am Spartacus, and I am a Thracian. I am transparent and don't believe in clapping all the time in the hopes it motivates my Thracian horde. Not bitching, just getting fed up with McDermott and his propensity not to be tough and call people out (either players, or coaches). He's a boring coach, regardless of his record.

22 minutes ago, Draconator said:

Dorsey is not the problem. McDermott is the problem, trying to be an offensive coach. Daboll gave McDermott a big FU, and we saw how cold their greeting was at the end of the Giants game. The offensive was also better under Daboll.

I'm sure it's a little more complex than that, but McD's gotten quite a bit of lattitude in avoiding criticism to date.  The mystery surrounding what really happened with Frazier, same for Daboll, his taking over of the D, etc., at some point, namely this season, we were going to find a bunch of stuff out and have more dots to connect, that much was obvious before the season began.  

But here we are and the picture's already starting to clear up.  McD was a very average DC in Carolina, and that's already beginning to repeat itself here.  

As to Dorsey and the offense, Dorsey, whom McD had full faith in, was McD's choice, so of course the responsibility comes down to him.  

He also shouldn't get a pass for having the entire top of his staff be people that worked under or across from him in Carolina, unless one of course thinks that the odds of the best people for the position were all on a Carolina team that had similar struggles in the playoffs that we've had here.  

Anyway, there's more to it than simply pointing the finger at Dorsey, but why McD's gotten away with almost none of the criticisms pointing back to him is semi-remarkable.  But that's starting to change.  One can only swap out the piece parts so many times and still have scapegoats.  

• Agree 1

9 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

That movie was great.

LOL 

Great caste.  Hank Azaria ... LOL  

6 minutes ago, theRalph said:

LMFAO. McDermott is an EXPERT at pressers. Here's where he learned...

Put a few "The Process" and "have to do better's" in the subtitles, and eh voila!  

• Haha (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.