Bills @ Patriots Post game thread

BuffaloBill

As the saying goes you need to start playing your best football after Thanksgiving.  The Bills have lost some games we thought they’d win and they will win a few games we think they’ll lose.  That’s just the NFL.  Week to week league.

• Eyeroll 1
  • Disagree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, phypon said:

Have to laugh at the McD presser.  Basically D needs to get off the field and O needs to stay on.  "Complimentary football".  Thanks for pointing out the basic rules of how football works, buddy.  Loser.

Also said he has all the confidence in Dorsey...

Kill 2 birds with one stone and fire McD and Dorsey after we don’t make the playoffs

• Like (+1) 2

Imagine this team and coaching staff without Josh Allen for a second. Just imagine. It’s time for a complete overhaul. I’m not saying it will be better, but it sure can’t be worse. And it’s worth the try to save our once in a generation opportunity with an actual elite qb. I trusted the process as long as I could. The results are in. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

59 minutes ago, Sammy Watkins' Rib said:

The screen pass has been a staple of the New England offense for the last 20+ years. Today it killed our defense. Inexcusable to not be prepared for it.

Allen was about 1-10 on balls thrown over 10 yards today.

Their kicker made everything and ours missed one.

Those three things sum up the Bills loss.

Their rag tag o line runs perfect screens. We last ran a good one during the Clinton administration. 

9 minutes ago, Call_Of_Ktulu said:

I would prefer to trade Diggs and tank the season. The current Jets team with Rodgers out is similar to the Pats but the Jets have a better roster and defense. Jets are also in QB purgatory without Rodgers.

Actually the Jets and Pats D are similar the difference is the Pats D is decimated with injuries.. and Jones has thrown a ton of Pick 6’s.

1 hour ago, Drifter said:

Ok I'm getting on the fire Dorsey train. Offense has been pathetic for 3 straight weeks. 

Doesn’t matter unless you’re on the “fire McDermott” train too. He’s the biggest problem and has been for years, along with Beane. How he avoids the wrath with his crappy drafting is beyond me. 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, BeavercreekBillsFan said:

Doesn’t matter unless you’re on the “fire McDermott” train too. He’s the biggest problem and has been for years, along with Beane. How he avoids the wrath with his crappy drafting is beyond me. 

The team can definitely be greatly improved by having a better offensive coordinator even with the same head coach.

• Agree 1

2 minutes ago, PatsFanNH said:

Actually the Jets and Pats D are similar the difference is the Pats D is decimated with injuries.. and Jones has thrown a ton of Pick 6’s.

Jets are a top 1-5 defense, I would rate the Pats at 12-15 range. We both will be getting beat down for the next 5 years by the Jets and Fish. 

• Like (+1) 1

This is supposed to be the easy part of our schedule. I'd say we are 50/50 to even make the playoffs at this point. If we can't beat the Pats (and let's be honest lucky to barely beat the Giants last week by 1 yard), how are we going to compete with the Chiefs, Eagles, Cowboys, etc?

2 minutes ago, pigpen65 said:

Not that it matters because they would have ended up scoring anyways, but does anybody have a guess what the hell Bernard was doing on the winning touchdown? Like, why was he just standing still like his legs had been buried in concrete?

Was thinking the same.  He probably had the RB, coming out of backfield, and was late to his drop.

Coach looked frustrated, like he was anticipating that and someone messed up their assignment.

Both safeties were giving help to the corners, seems like Bernard screwed up

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Nator99 said:

Why isn't anyone taking Josh Allen to task, it's like this message board is afraid they will get in trouble for ripping him. 

He leads the NFL in completion percentage and touchdowns. That’s with the coaching staff trying to neuter him. Allen is not the problem, at all, like zero point zero percent.

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, Nator99 said:

Why isn't anyone taking Josh Allen to task, it's like this message board is afraid they will get in trouble for ripping him. 

Even in a bad game by his standards he scored 3 touchdowns and gave the team the go ahead score with less than two minutes left. In fact he had a 90 passer rating which is pretty good. Mac Jones one of the worst QBs in the league had a passer rating of 126...

17 minutes ago, Aimee75 said:

So sad we have to even say this(and I agree). We could have, I don't know, maybe gotten him some better weapons in the offseason? Maybe a legit WR2? Beane sat on his hands, Stefon came into camp disgruntled(quite possibly because of how the offense is being run these days) and here we are.

Just unreal.

I have been one of Brandon Beanes biggest fangirls, but I am super salty with how he handled the off season, and feel like it's biting us in the ass.

Well... All due respect... I don't know... I think the talent was fine at the start. They had 3 massive injuries happen in less than 2 quarters in back to back games and they've been reeling ever since. 

The Bills have been outscored 30-10 in the 1st half of the last 3 games consecutively... That's just wasting the week between games. They have not been ready at the start of 3 straight games now. They are coming out cold and getting thumped early. That's clearly a trend at this point. And a lot of that's coaching IMHO... It's real hard to win in the NFL when you do that 3 straight weeks.

There are Sunday's through the years that the Bills would have put up 40 today because Josh was hitting almost everything. He hits Diggs on the bomb, and when he's wide open at the front of the endzone on the 1st FG drive, and that's 11 more points right there...He was missing almost everything today. Add in Bass' missed FG and that's 14 points on 3 plays. 

Just nothing is working right now. They are completely out-of-sync... It's beyond troubling...

Edited by KOKBILLS
  • Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, Bill51390 said:

It’s time to end this 12 personnel. Kincaid needs to move to the starting role and Knox needs to go after the season. Then I give Dorsey two weeks or he’s fired. 

They were even worse last week operating mostly out of 13.

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Call_Of_Ktulu said:

Jets are a top 1-5 defense, I would rate the Pats at 12-15 range. We both will be getting beat down for the next 5 years by the Jets and Fish. 

You would be wrong about the Pats D when healthy.. right now though you are right.. they are middle of the road.. but they were expected be top 5 before the injuries. 

1 minute ago, Success said:

The no huddle works when we do it.

Worked in the '90's, too. 

Might be time. We something different. And it needs to be kind of radical.

The no huddle is working, not because the hurry up, it’s because of the play selections. 

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.