Was Elam ok or could the Giants just not take advantage of him?

GreggTX

1 minute ago, GreggTX said:

Elam drew a pass interference penalty early on, but I hardly noticed him after thar, though I did see him on the field several times. Is he starting to turn it around or were the Giants just inept?

I'm sure he was targeted as the nearest defender a few times, but we played pretty soft in zone.  I saw him in there making some tackles in run support.  

End of the day - he played every snap and we allowed 9 points so he couldn't have been that bad.  

• Like (+1) 11

6 minutes ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

I see Elam getting bashed today on social media.  He didn’t stick out to me as playing poorly.  

He gave up a good gain early but other than that I didn’t notice him much. Played decent enough imo. 

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, KDIGGZ said:

Quick, name the receivers on the Giants besides Waller. The Giants probably have the worst receivers in the league 

Iasaih Hodgins, I've been told on this board many times that he's amazing and we shouldn't have let him go

• Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, KDIGGZ said:

Quick, name the receivers on the Giants besides Waller. The Giants probably have the worst receivers in the league 

How did he do to you? I think that was the question. Let me check. Yep, that was the question alright.  

• Haha (+1) 2

IMO he was OK.  Wasnt great, wasnt the dumpster fire he was in London. 

Though Nothing with his play screamed to me We dont need to look into this position at the Deadline. So my priorities for the deadline still remain

CB

WR

DT 1 Tech

• Agree 1

Collinsworthless made a point to say the Giants were picking on him as the weak link so I'm sure you'll see that repeated here today some.

In reality he gave up a couple plays and he made a couple plays. He looked very much like a CB that is young and hasn't seen much playtime. 

The coverage on the deep ball was very good...but the play he made that stuck out to me was very late in the game. On the last drive Taylor completed a pass to the right side. He made an excellent tackle that prevented the WR from getting out of bounds and stopping the clock. Thought that showed some real good awareness. 

• Like (+1) 8
  • Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.