Was Elam ok or could the Giants just not take advantage of him?

GreggTX

I may very well be in the minority, but I would much rather see Elam out on the field than Jackson.  Jackson does not provide much in my opinion.  He gives such a large cushion he is practically begging the opposing QB to complete 8-10 yard passes.  I would rather see Elam out there and have a chance of stopping some receivers right at the line of scrimmage

• Agree 1

I've said this before and I'll say it again, Dorian & Kaiir are the youngest players on this roster. I'd prefer them both playing, learning on the job, as their draft position and athleticism are far superior to their replacements. Will they make mistakes? Of course, but you want them learning now, the time is now, rather than letting them come in the roster after a lesser talented veteran suffers injury. Many have argued this team isn't going anywhere. You can't replace the entire roster in a season. Better to see what these guys are made of and give them experience and possibly confidence going forward. 

• Like (+1) 1

Seeing Zack Moss thrive w/ the Colts (as well as Teller & a few other notables) makes me wonder if we manage our players well..

Like Dorian Williams getting pulled the past couple of weeks.  Sometimes, you have to ride w/ players who are more talented but inexperienced - so they get that experience.

I wish Elam was starting.  Tre is out, he's a 1st rounder.  If they can't make it work, it feels like that's more on the staff than on Elam.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.