AFC QBs

PatsFanNH

A friend and myself were discussing how just a couple years ago we were all saying how tough the AFC is going to be with so many great QBs in it. Well now in 2023 it seems we have 3 established great QBs and the rest well stink. We had a hard time thinking of a top 5 in the AFC. 

1. Mahomes - the best of the best till they are dethroned.

2. Allen — been consistently good for years now.

3. Burrow — having a bad year but been good since he entered the league. 

we thought Rogers be the next one but agreed with him out maybe it Jackson? But the Ravens O still kind of stinks and he has weapons now.  Tua could be 4 but will he stay healthy this year? Then Lawrence has shown flashes of being good but has been average most of the time.. after then the rest are garbage or rookies. 

• Dislike 1

Got to throw Herbert in your conversation. Think it is a simple thing of coaching that’s holding him back from being a bonafide star. Guy is definitely a top 10 QB in the league if not top 5 in the AFC. 

Edited by BBFL
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 4
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

The top 3 qbs in the league all play in the afc. So right off the bat its a tough road to team success.

I would add herbert into the great qbs as well.  I saw a stat this week that he is  21-4 when the chargers give us less than 27 points and 6-23 when they dont.  The fact that there are 29 games his defense has given up more than 27 is crazy.

Tua and lamar are very good qbs.  

Thats 6 teams with good to great qbs and 7 playoff spots.  It is very difficult in the afc and good qbs will miss the playoffs each year.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

35 minutes ago, finn said:

What about Mac Jones? Future HOF, remember?

Dear sir / madam:

As per Mr. Jones contract with Dewey, Cheatem, and Howe, please be advised our client must be referred to by his copyright identity as 🌟MJ🏈10🌟 on all printed material.  Prepare to die.

Yours truly,

Inigo Montoya

Junior Partner

Dewey, Cheatem, and Howe

Hey, where's our  Inigo Montoya been? 🤔

Edited by Ridgewaycynic2013
  • Haha (+1) 5

18 minutes ago, PatsFanNH said:

I never EVER said FOH for him. I think I was consistent saying we didn’t know what he was yet lol.

If there ever was 'proof' of mainstream media attempting to write their own narrative, it wasn't anything political - it was the anointing of

🌟MJ🏈10🌟

as the next great QB of the AFC.

Edited by Ridgewaycynic2013
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

36 minutes ago, finn said:

What about Mac Jones? Future HOF, remember?

He's so good that he may not even start against us next week. The Pats are actually playing Malik Cunningham in spots today and if Mac has a bad game they may end up going with....wait for it...Will Greir against us next week. 🤣🤣🤣

• Haha (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, BuffaloBillyG said:

He's so good that he may not even start against us next week. The Pats are actually playing Malik Cunningham in spots today and if Mac has a bad game they may end up going with....wait for it...Will Greir against us next week. 🤣🤣🤣

image.thumb.jpeg.4458a67ee94d55c28cf8d28740f3e00a.jpeg

• Haha (+1) 3

33 minutes ago, PatsFanNH said:

I never EVER said FOH for him. I think I was consistent saying we didn’t know what he was yet lol.

I was just teasing. We did hear a lot of media figures pumping him up that first year. I recall which one--Nick Wright, probably--claim that Allen wasn't even the best QB in the AFC East (implying Jones was). That hasn't aged well. 

1 minute ago, Kaenon said:

AFC has a bunch of Super Bowl and Super Bowl winning QBs.

SB wins

Mahomes

Rodgers

R. Wilson

SB appearance 

Burrow

Garoppolo

The rest

Allen

Herbert

L. Jackson

Tua

Mahomes is tops

Rodgers is hurt and on IR for my list lol

Wilson is trash now.

Jimmy G is made of glass 

Burrows top 3

Allen top 3

Herbert — a stat machine but loses

Jackson/Tua I’m not sold on

11 minutes ago, Process said:

There is a very clear top 2 and very clear next three rank them how you want 

Mahomes Allen

Herbert Jackson Burrow

After seeing Trevor Lawrence go toe-to-toe with Josh Allen last week, I think he has to be in the conversation with Herbert, Jackson, Burrow and Tua.  Really good player who’s definitely on the rise.

• Like (+1) 2

AFC E

Allen and Tua

AFC W

Mahomes and Herbert

AFC S

Lawrence + Stroud and Richardson have potential

AFC N

Lamar and Burrow (I think Watson has fallen off a cliff but who knows?)

NFC E

Dak and Hurts

NFC W

Purdy (Stafford if you want him)

NFC S

NFC N

Goff and Kirk

1 hour ago, PatsFanNH said:

Hurts, Purdy, Dax, heck Goff has looked real good in Detroit the last couple of years. 

That's your defense of the NFC? The AFC is clearly more stacked at QB and it isn't even close.

• Agree 1

Hurts, Purdy, Dax, heck Goff has looked real good in Detroit the last couple of years. 

How are you going to discuss Dax but not Herbert. Dax is TRASH

mahomes, Allen, burrow, Lawrence, Herbert, Jackson, Tua throw in rookies like Stroud and Richardson 

NFC is trash at QB

5 hours ago, PBF81 said:

Fall of Hame?

Lol right now he is in the Hall of Shame..  now if only I could put that pick of GOT with the lady ringing the bell lol

4 hours ago, bobobonators said:

How are you going to discuss Dax but not Herbert. Dax is TRASH

mahomes, Allen, burrow, Lawrence, Herbert, Jackson, Tua throw in rookies like Stroud and Richardson 

NFC is trash at QB

Dax wins at least in the regular season.. Herbert does not.. Richardson looks like a short career with the way he plays.. stroud I’m not impressed with I think Young could be great.. I hate trying rank rookies because they are that rookies

Edited by PatsFanNH
  • Haha (+1) 1

6 hours ago, PatsFanNH said:

A friend and myself were discussing how just a couple years ago we were all saying how tough the AFC is going to be with so many great QBs in it. Well now in 2023 it seems we have 3 established great QBs and the rest well stink. We had a hard time thinking of a top 5 in the AFC. 

1. Mahomes - the best of the best till they are dethroned.

2. Allen — been consistently good for years now.

3. Burrow — having a bad year but been good since he entered the league. 

we thought Rogers be the next one but agreed with him out maybe it Jackson? But the Ravens O still kind of stinks and he has weapons now.  Tua could be 4 but will he stay healthy this year? Then Lawrence has shown flashes of being good but has been average most of the time.. after then the rest are garbage or rookies. 

You forgot the 🐐 Mac Jones 

45 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

Tua may be a mirage, how long can they afford this offense around him, and how does he look without these ridiculous skill players.

yup.  he is playing well no doubt - but lets not forget he was contemplating retirement for concussions just a few months ago.  Not sure how much more he can/will take

Richardson looks like a short career with the way he plays.. stroud I’m not impressed with I think Young could be great.. I hate trying rank rookies because they are that rookies

It's early with those guys, but I'd be pretty stunned if Richardson ever turned into much more than an average QB, a tweener starter/back-up type.  

His weaknesses aren't the most coachable issues to understate it.  

Lol right now he is in the Hall of Shame..  now if only I could put that pick of GOT with the lady ringing the bell lol

Dax wins at least in the regular season.. Herbert does not.. Richardson looks like a short career with the way he plays.. stroud I’m not impressed with I think Young could be great.. I hate trying rank rookies because they are that rookies

It's like he tries to play like earlier Josh but either doesn't have as dense bones or doesn't know how to take hits as well.

Half the QBs in the AFC are good enough to make their team competitive any given Sunday. 

Teams looking for a QB in 2024

Las Vegas, Tennessee, New England, NY Jets (regardless of A Rod).

Teams stuck and/or possibly looking for a QB in 2024 

Denver, Cleveland, Pittsburgh

TBD Team

Indy - figuring out Richardson, luckily they have a good backup. 

6 hours ago, mannc said:

After seeing Trevor Lawrence go toe-to-toe with Josh Allen last week, I think he has to be in the conversation with Herbert, Jackson, Burrow and Tua.  Really good player who’s definitely on the rise.

No major offense to Lawrence, but he played against our backup defense almost all game.  That said, he had some strong plays. 

8 hours ago, PatsFanNH said:

Cousins has been a solid producer for years.  Can’t over come a consistently awful Defense. He’s definitely better than Dak and Goff. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.