49ers: the new nfl villains ?

Italian Bills

51 minutes ago, FrenchConnection said:

He had so many injuries in Carolina that it was a huge risk to trade for him. So far so good in SF but that could change at any time.

Can he just make it to week 17?  He's holding my fantasy team together at this point.  

9 minutes ago, The Jokeman said:

Most teams can't follow their model as they got lucky to land Purdy as before him they looked like they made a massive mistake in Lance. Toss in they got a MVP type player in CMC for a lot less then his value was. etc. Yet ideally yes you should build a strong overall defense and then a strong offensive line and can plug in a solid QB and win especially when have an all around talent like CMC but not an easy task to have everything come together but as good as they are they still haven't won a Super Bowl in close to 30 years. 

Between the eagles, the 49ers, the chiefs... even the lions, bengals, bills, cowboys, and jags.  It's clear that being strong on offense and defensive lines makes everything work easier on either side of the ball.  

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, BeavercreekBillsFan said:

100% right on CMC. Beane loves getting Carolina guys but can’t work out a deal for the best panther player and best weapon in the league?

I doubt anyone could have topped that trade unless they traded higher draft capital than the 49ers. 

Kyle has known Christian since he was born probably, as Kyle's Dad coached Christians dad Ed.

19 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

I wish I could bet money on them not making the SB. They are counting on players who struggle to stay healthy. And I still don’t fully believe in Purdy. There is an adjustment coming. 

Brock Purdy can't do what Josh or Pat Mahomes can do and if you ask him to he would implode. But I don't think Josh or Pat could run Kyle's offence any better than Purdy does.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, benderbender said:

image.png

Forty Nine Niners does sound like an evil team name

49ers-mascot.jpg

Should really update the team name though, 2021 cryptominers? Weed stock buying Game Stop-ers? Robinhood.com-ers? Moving to Florida-ers?

I mean... The bills are named after a frontiersman from the same time so not a lot of room to talk.

I would not say they are villain's, but I do think they are a bit of the team in vogue and a lot of people have just grown tired of it especially as they don't have a ring yet (although this year could be it). Part of the exhaustion I think is that people lavish praise to max for the 49ers (most of it deservedly so) but any criticism is usually deflected away even with something like Trey Lance who they traded a boat ton for and failed to pan out with. I think Shanny is brilliant as heck and what they have built is what more teams should go for. I actually find their players very likable along with their style of play. I do find their fans to be incredibly front runner though and when the chips were down a bit in the mid 2010's they seemingly were not around.

Anytime a team is running as hot as they are and have there is an exhaustion factor to the rest of sports fans over time. It is like that Harvey Dent line from the Dark Knight " You either die a hero or live long enough to become the villain", right now I would say the 49ers and Chiefs are probably the embodiment of that the way the Patriots/Colts/Steelers were for a long while.

6 minutes ago, corta765 said:

I would not say they are villain's, but I do think they are a bit of the team in vogue and a lot of people have just grown tired of it especially as they don't have a ring yet (although this year could be it). Part of the exhaustion I think is that people lavish praise to max for the 49ers (most of it deservedly so) but any criticism is usually deflected away even with something like Trey Lance who they traded a boat ton for and failed to pan out with. I think Shanny is brilliant as heck and what they have built is what more teams should go for. I actually find their players very likable along with their style of play. I do find their fans to be incredibly front runner though and when the chips were down a bit in the mid 2010's they seemingly were not around.

Anytime a team is running as hot as they are and have there is an exhaustion factor to the rest of sports fans over time. It is like that Harvey Dent line from the Dark Knight " You either die a hero or live long enough to become the villain", right now I would say the 49ers and Chiefs are probably the embodiment of that the way the Patriots/Colts/Steelers were for a long while.

I like them because they are kind of the antiNFL darling

They are consistently elite w out a top QB

Just now, GoBills808 said:

I like them because they are kind of the antiNFL darling

They are consistently elite w out a top QB

I still think that Miami and SF have cracked the code on how to win without a top 5 QB. If they play each other in the SB (a real possibility), other teams will copy the model and we may see a rethinking of roster construction league-wide. 

5 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

They have the most arrogant coach in the league. The team reflects his personality. It is possibly the reason Kyle isn't Bills coach. The Pegulas interviewed him in the Rex Ryan process and hated him. 

Yeah and can you imagine what Allen would look like if Shanahan had him all this time?  This whole "I don't like him, doesnt fit our ideals" bs is just that BS. Like him, don't like him... just put us in the best place to win superbowls

• Italian Bills changed the title to 49ers: the new nfl villains ?
31 minutes ago, High Football IQ said:

Can't be an NFL villain if you haven't won anything.

Chiefs are that team especially since the NFL has already predetermined that Mahomes is next Brady and they are going to get every call imaginable to continue winning superbowls in the coming years.

Is the FilthyBeast handle taking a sabbatical ?

13 minutes ago, SoonerBillsFan said:

Yeah and can you imagine what Allen would look like if Shanahan had him all this time?  This whole "I don't like him, doesnt fit our ideals" bs is just that BS. Like him, don't like him... just put us in the best place to win superbowls

I am not sure Shanahan would love Josh for reasons I have stated elsewhere. But I'd have hired literally anyone over Rex Ryan. A dead crow would have done.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.