Jets lose Alijah Vera-Tucker for the season

Gregg

3 hours ago, FrenchConnection said:

I thought that players could come back in two months from a torn Achilles. Aaron Rodgers said it so it must be true.

Yes just need to go to sleep to the sound of dolphins ****ing, I'm sure he'll pass the information along.

On 10/9/2023 at 2:58 PM, Jerome007 said:

What's with all th torn Achilles so far this season??

I think more injuries are likely to occur when you don’t practice with pads often during training camp or game week. There are too many ‘non contact’ or ‘non pad’ days. Players need time to get their bodies used to the game. Going from 0 to 100 the way they do takes proper warming up. Especially when players are becoming faster and stronger every year 

Edited by GETTOTHE50

36 minutes ago, LEBills said:

The players asked for grass, MetLife installed “improved synthetic turf”

They have 2 teams and high profile college games….plus I believe soccer games in that stadium. I don’t see how a grass field would be feasible. Heck, it may even be more dangerous with the way a grass field can get chewed up.

24 minutes ago, Beast said:

They have 2 teams and high profile college games….plus I believe soccer games in that stadium. I don’t see how a grass field would be feasible. Heck, it may even be more dangerous with the way a grass field can get chewed up.

If owners were serious about player safety rather than maximizing profit, they could make it work. But they aren’t so they won’t. One NFL game a week (none of this back to back day stuff), not accepting college games if it would pose a bad issue for the playing surface, the overlap for soccer and football seasons is pretty small. It comes down to the synthetic turfs costing less money for maintenance as you pointed out. 

On 10/9/2023 at 8:49 PM, AuntieEm said:

There's been a rash of Achilles tears gotta be something to the turf or other field conditions.  

The fields are not different from last year or the many years previous, other than the odd stadium upgrading theirs.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, LEBills said:

If owners were serious about player safety rather than maximizing profit, they could make it work.

I think owners want to keep their stars on the field. Jets didn't pay Rodgers to not play. Nor the Bills for White. These injuries happened on home turf too. 

2 hours ago, LEBills said:

If owners were serious about player safety rather than maximizing profit, they could make it work. But they aren’t so they won’t. One NFL game a week (none of this back to back day stuff), not accepting college games if it would pose a bad issue for the playing surface, the overlap for soccer and football seasons is pretty small. It comes down to the synthetic turfs costing less money for maintenance as you pointed out. 

You may want to read this. Pretty informative.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/38624943/injuries-safety-measures-more

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.