Milano/Jones BOTH require surgery; Per McDermott

BuffaloBillyG

To be honest, I think this is all we could have hoped for at this point..

Milano they were looking at ACL, so that must be intact.

Jones I think we all knew torn pec.

The fact that MCD didn’t rule them out for the year yet? that’s about as positive it can be given McDermotts comments yesterday.

The watt brothers missed a couple months with torn pec injuries, Jon feliciano missed 3 months.

Lets hope he’s around that 10 week range and back for playoffs

Edited by BillsFan130
  • Like (+1) 8
  • Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 3

My knee jerk reaction is that the season is over as far as hope for a SB. Maybe a wildcard game but idk. Too soon to truly know I suppose. 

(rough crowd lol. I did say it was a knee jerk reaction)

so. I'm going to bring this on myself here. I just find it a little fake that so many people would thumb down and laugh at this take. I admitted right out of the gate that it was a knee jerk reaction. Y'all know what that means right?  Other than maybe just trying to act like you are sooooooo confident that losing 3 key pieces of our defense during the last game will still heals the same results as if they were healthy and playing. We all know our safety's are getting old and slowing down. Elam is a first round disappointment. Also this offense is either hot or cold. Losi g to two very bearable teams. The schedule doesn't get any easier. But yeah I'm trash for being honest. I have a bunch of Bills fans who when we talk face to face all same the same thing. Come on here and voice concern and booooo, disagree, trash hahaha. Ok whatever. 

Edited by Goin Breakdown
  • Vomit 2
  • Eyeroll 2
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 4
  • Dislike 7

They're both season ending. A torn pec takes about 4 months to heal. A rupture about 6. Either way, that's the whole season and playoffs.

Matt Milano and Daquan Jones were the two best performers on our Defense. The ramifications of this on the Defensive side of the ball, is massive. Especially following losing Tre. That's the best player on 3 different levels of our squad. 

It's so frustrating because I felt injuries were the biggest thing that held us back last year. So I was hoping for better luck this year. 5 games in and it's the same story.

There's really no replacing those guys. Jordan Phillips, Dorian Williams, and Dane Jackson can only hope to lessen the drop off. But it's still going to be a drop off, even if they play their best all year.

Edited by BillsFanForever19
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 12

7 minutes ago, BuffaloBaumer said:

Well everyone expected season ending for both so anything less is a bonus. Let's just hope our first 4 games next year are softer teams. I also feel as though Von is going to produce next to nothing this year and will hopefully be serviceable by next September. 

he’ll probably retire after this season.

• Sad 1
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

They're both season ending. A torn pec takes about 4 months to heal.

Matt Milano and Daquan Jones were the two best performers on our Defense. The ramifications of this on the Defensive side of the ball, is massive. Especially following losing Tre. That's the best player on 3 different levels of our squad. 

It's so frustrating because I felt injuries were the biggest thing that held us back last year. So I was hoping for better luck this year. 5 games in and it's the same story. There's really no replacing those guys. 

It really depends.

JJ came back when tearing his pec in late October.

Feliciano missed 3 months.

If he misses let’s say 10-12 weeks, he will be back at some point

5 minutes ago, Goin Breakdown said:

My knee jerk reaction is that the season is over as far as hope for a SB. Maybe a wildcard game but idk. Too soon to truly know I suppose. 

Amazing how a narrative switches. For YEARS I have seen right here on this board that "defense doesn't matter" and it's all about offense these days anyway.

We still have an ELITE defensive line. Floyd and Groot are legit. Add in AJE who is coming along. And anything we get from Von is a plus as well. Ed Oliver is having a career year as well.

We have Bernard making plays every week. Benford hopefully back soon and Dane Jackson is adequate. Will we be as good as before? No of course not. 

But there is no reason to believe this defense can't make some stops. Truthfully, maybe a little new blood and young legs is needed in some spots. 

I think McDermott scheming the defense will be a plus as well. He'll figure out ways to cover some weak spots.

Fortunately, this is all happening early in the year. Gets players like Benford, Williams, Poona or whoever comes in time to get reps and build knowledge in the system. 

Season is far from over IMO

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 6

Son of a b! Frick! Goll-ee! Gosh durnit! Darn!

I recently subscribed to the Kirk Cousins/Philip Rivers School of Vulgarity Alternatives. How am I doing?

For real tho, bummer and a half. Milano being out changes the defense a lot. He's so versatile and instinctive and they trust him to handle a lot. And well.... Tyrel Dodson and Dorian Williams aren't those guys so...

And I dunno if they have anyone that can quite do what Jones has been doing this season. 

It'll be interesting to see what they do to adjust. I'mma go kick rocks. 

Edited by blacklabel
  • Haha (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, BuffaloBaumer said:

Well everyone expected season ending for both so anything less is a bonus. Let's just hope our first 4 games next year are softer teams. I also feel as though Von is going to produce next to nothing this year and will hopefully be serviceable by next September. 

These incessant injuries just keeps pushing seasons out another year.  It's unbearable. 

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.