Milano/Jones BOTH require surgery; Per McDermott

BuffaloBillyG

37 minutes ago, newcam2012 said:

Did the Bills D really do a good job against a Medicare Jags offense? The Jags ran 82 plays for 475 yards and kept the ball for 40 minutes. Let that sink in! No way in hell is that a winning formula. 

The Bills D had a couple of big turnovers to their credit. That's what really kept them in the game. Turnovers are fantastic but usually not sustainable long term. 

Bills punted 6 out their first 7 possessions.  You don’t think, maybe, that accounts for the TOP & Number of Plays?

Bills will force turnovers this year.  QB pressure creates turnovers. 

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, BuffaloBillyG said:

No time table, but doesn't sound great for either.

When Feliciano tore his pec at the very end of July in 2020, he came back at the beginning of November.  So 3 months.

Milano tore his pec at the beginning of October 2020 and (should have missed) 7 games before coming back on a pitch count.  So call it 8 weeks.  He didn't have surgery as the muscle wasn't completely torn.  [should have missed because they let him try to play in a LB brace and he couldn't even lift his arm]

Stuff around the interweb says torn pec is 8-12 week recovery

Milano though - I think that's season ending. 😥

McDermott not ruling them out for the season is… interesting.  

Bills aren’t usually ones to allow for any optimism/aggressive recovery timeframes.  

Sounds a lot like Jalen Ramsey.   Done for the year vibes and then, maybe not. 

4 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

When Feliciano tore his pec at the very end of July in 2020, he came back at the beginning of November.  So 3 months.

Milano tore his pec at the beginning of October 2020 and (should have missed) 7 games before coming back on a pitch count.  So call it 8 weeks.  He didn't have surgery as the muscle wasn't completely torn.  [should have missed because they let him try to play in a LB brace and he couldn't even lift his arm]

Stuff around the interweb says torn pec is 8-12 week recovery

Milano though - I think that's season ending. 😥

Has Milano had surgery? If not and the knee is intact there may be an opportunity for him to be back late in the playoffs... depending on which bone/bones were broken. And of course if we make it there. 

Just now, BuffaloBillyG said:

Has Milano had surgery? If not and the knee is intact there may be an opportunity for him to be back late in the playoffs... depending on which bone/bones were broken. And of course if we make it there. 

Google “banged up bills, Matt Milano” , or scroll in this thread as I linked the article. There was a good write up on it.

The doctor doesn’t seem to think Milano will be back this year, but he has cautious optimism on Jones

• Like (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, ChronicAndKnuckles said:

Don’t sleep on Jordan Phillips. If he can stay healthy he’s a one man wrecking crew rushing the passer.

If he can stay healthy, I think he can do a better job at replacing Daquan Jones than Dorian Williams can replace Matt Milano or Dane Jackson can replace Tre White. But history says that's a big if. Fingers crossed though.

4 minutes ago, SCBills said:

McDermott not ruling them out for the season is… interesting.  

Bills aren’t usually ones to allow for any optimism/aggressive recovery timeframes.  

Sounds a lot like Jalen Ramsey.   Done for the year vibes and then, maybe not. 

Definitely think there's HOPE for Daquan.  

Milano, I think there might be some unknowns.  If BangedupBills is correct with diagnosis, it's a more unique "broken leg" and time frame is a bit more volatile...given fewer of these type of injuries to reference.

Not trying to predict, main silverlining is "appears" Milano avoided a torn ACL (or other serious ligament tear).  That's huge for keeping hope alive for a very late postseason run, but especially for longevity/returning to top form next year. 

Injuries happen and guys miss time, I just hate to see injuries that impact multiple seasons/ability to get back to prior playing level.  So I'm grateful, if these can get back to their level of play in the next year

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, BillsFan130 said:

Google “banged up bills, Matt Milano” , or scroll in this thread as I linked the article. There was a good write up on it.

The doctor doesn’t seem to think Milano will be back this year, but he has cautious optimism on Jones

If Jones can help in the playoffs I'll take it.  I don't have alot of faith in Ford or Settle.  Losing 58 is f ing brutal.

• Agree 2

10 minutes ago, BillsFan130 said:

Oh I'm familiar with it. He does an excellent job, however he's not 100% accurate...and he acknowledges that himself. As any doctor will tell you (and he says as well) it's impossible to properly diagnose through the TV. 

I would say he's likely correct...but with all the unknowns there is a chance he could be off as well.

15 minutes ago, BuffaloBillyG said:

McDermott said he would require surgery I believe.

https://bangedupbills.com/2023/10/09/examining-buffalo-bills-matt-milanos-right-knee-injury/

I think he's done for this year. 

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, BuffaloBillyG said:

Oh I'm familiar with it. He does an excellent job, however he's not 100% accurate...and he acknowledges that himself. As any doctor will tell you (and he says as well) it's impossible to properly diagnose through the TV. 

I would say he's likely correct...but with all the unknowns there is a chance he could be off as well.

Ya that’s fair. It’s probably just the best assessment we have as of right now. But you’re right, it definitely isn’t 100 percent accurate

• Agree 1

3 hours ago, SCBills said:

So sounds like we’ve lost Tre & Milano for the year and there’s a chance Jones can get back late in the season. 

Pretty much

18 minutes ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

If he can stay healthy, I think he can do a better job at replacing Daquan Jones than Dorian Williams can replace Matt Milano or Dane Jackson can replace Tre White. But history says that's a big if. Fingers crossed though.

Big problem with this: Jordan Phillips is a 3TDT.  He's a Big Guy and may LOOK like a 1TDT, but attempts to make him play there in the past have not worked well.

Daquan Jones is a 1TDT.  We do have two 1TDT on the roster in Settle and in Poona Ford.

• Agree 1

Just now, Dr.Sack said:

When SF, MIA, KC loses two 1st team all pros we have a chance. 

This may be the biggest oddity to me in the whole season.

The rate of season ending injury around the league seems to be skyrocketing. The amount of top level injuries seems really high as well.

And yet somehow all the sudden CMC seems to be made of iron and impervious to even a bruise. Make it make sense.🤷🏼‍♂️

6 minutes ago, BuffaloBillyG said:

This may be the biggest oddity to me in the whole season.

The rate of season ending injury around the league seems to be skyrocketing. The amount of top level injuries seems really high as well.

And yet somehow all the sudden CMC seems to be made of iron and impervious to even a bruise. Make it make sense.🤷🏼‍♂️

CMC will go down like clockwork. To me the 49ers D is the unit I’d like to see lose their top defender at all 3 levels.

9 minutes ago, Dr.Sack said:

When SF, MIA, KC loses two 1st team all pros we have a chance. 

Miami lost Ramsey, and who knows if he’s effective late season in a comeback.    Armstead is hanging in by a thread.  

KC doesn’t get injured.  They are invincible aside from Mahomes pretending to sprain an ankle every once in a while. 

• Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, SCBills said:

Miami lost Ramsey, and who knows if he’s effective late season in a comeback.    Armstead is hanging in by a thread.  

KC doesn’t get injured.  They are invincible aside from Mahomes pretending to sprain an ankle every once in a while. 

KC is going to lose Willie Gay, Jones and McDuffie. It’s only fair.

This whole London experience F***ing sucked…. It sucked for me sucked for are team just straight upF****ing for everyone…. Now we’ve lost 2 of our best players on defense and now our seasons prolly in the gosh damn toilet…. I’ll never watch another f’en game over seas on my tv that’s for damn sure… FU NFL for all your money hungry greedy bull s**t….

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.