Feeling dejected...

Ethan in Cleveland

Really in the dumps right now. I can handle the losses but the catastrophic injuries these past two years really have me down.

Seriously questioning why I still watch and care. Seeing grown men crying and literally dying on the field knowing their season and maybe their careers are over. All so some broadcast network can charge more for a commercial of something I would never purchase. 

The 90's teams had injuries but our core guys never missed huge chunks of time. I have no idea if injuries are more frequent now or more catastrophic. I know surgery and recovery is better than ever. Yet it still feels so hopeless. All the emotional investment we as a community invest only for it to be sprained, torn, or broken in seconds. 

Losing Milano is a gut shot I'm not sure I can get over. 

• Like (+1) 5
  • Sad 4
  • Shocked 1
  • Agree 25

The last two weeks were devastating and we are officially worse (somehow) on this than last year now.

All we can say is we still have Josh and Diggs, and pretty much everyone on offense.

So we can still win games. But the defense will be a week to week hang on effort now instead of a real strength.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

7 minutes ago, Ethan in Cleveland said:

Really in the dumps right now. I can handle the losses but the catastrophic injuries these past two years really have me down.

Seriously questioning why I still watch and care. Seeing grown men crying and literally dying on the field knowing their season and maybe their careers are over. All so some broadcast network can charge more for a commercial of something I would never purchase. 

The 90's teams had injuries but our core guys never missed huge chunks of time. I have no idea if injuries are more frequent now or more catastrophic. I know surgery and recovery is better than ever. Yet it still feels so hopeless. All the emotional investment we as a community invest only for it to be sprained, torn, or broken in seconds. 

Losing Milano is a gut shot I'm not sure I can get over. 

This hurts the most. I fee Bernard’s play had a lot to do with the guy next to him. Seemed like he was always playing catch up on the play once Matt went out. 

Losing %58 is going to hurt for sure. 

5 minutes ago, SectionC3 said:

Saddle up and move on.  The pass rush is elite when 50 56 40 57 and 91 are available.  O line is solid.  17 and 14 are healthy.  Keep on grinding and we will be good. 

Yeah but Matt removes a load of those quick hitters to the middle…

Helps them out just as much as the 4 in front do him. 

Edited by BBFL

I remember some guy here started a thread about how the Bills never got injuries..

Was a few weeks before Tre did his knee Thanksgiving in 2021…

I also remember thinking before  the start of this season… at least they have got all the injuries out of the way last season

Edited by Aussie Joe
  • Haha (+1) 1

It’s been a lot.  

Losing Tre two years ago.  

Von last year, Hyde in Week 2, plus the Allen UCL injury. 

This year, by Week 5, down Tre and Milano.. awaiting news on Jones. 

Every team goes through it, except KC.  

Ravens have been snakebit with season ending injuries.  Steelers lost Watt a few years ago.  Dolphins with Tua last year.  Bengals lost their top CB early, then dealt with a decimated OL in the playoffs.  

• Like (+1) 3

6 minutes ago, SectionC3 said:

Saddle up and move on.  The pass rush is elite when 50 56 40 57 and 91 are available.  O line is solid.  17 and 14 are healthy.  Keep on grinding and we will be good. 

Not Super Bowl good, however 😥. Just a crushing day for the Bills. Even moreso if Jones is lost as well. We all saw his impact in the one missed game last year

• Agree 1

7 minutes ago, dayman said:

The last two weeks were devastating and we are officially worse (somehow) on this than last year now.

All we can say is we still have Josh and Diggs, and pretty much everyone on offense.

So we can still win games. But the defense will be a week to week hang on effort now instead of a real strength.

That’s the Key you have Allen and Diggs. As long as you have an elite level QB and 1 good WR you can win most games.  Enjoy it because no matter how long it lasts it never feels long enough. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I feel the same way. ***** happens but it just keeps piling on and it’s hard to shrug off. Honestly; it’s less about me than the players going down that bums me out. These guys work so hard and the end result is a messed up body. On the other hand at least you get guys will get a shot. 

• Agree 1

Football is such a brutal sport.  No other sport has a 100% injury rate.  And players are bigger, stronger, and faster than ever, which makes the injuries more catastrophic... despite all the rule changes in the name of "player safety."  There isn't any other sport where you hold your breath on literally every play, hoping everyone on your team gets up.

Last year in Miami and today made me question why I even watch.

• Agree 1

Just now, Dr.Sack said:

Looking on the bright side if these injuries keep piling the Bills will be drafting much higher than you thought they would a week ago. 

That's great, maybe we can get another cornerback who can't cover or another tight end who doesn't know where the sticks are.

• Sad 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.