Josh is spoiling us.

tomur67

I’m waiting to see what the narrative is going to be for the NFL

Josh Allen has been an MVP conversations but he never got it because the team was not good enough supposedly even though it was all on his shoulders

This year‘s team feels different and that Josh Allen is not playing a superhero every week and the other players are actually helping is the NFL going to disregard Josh now that the team overall is actually playing better

We’ll see how it goes. Josh Allen deserves at least one MVP in his career.

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, John from Riverside said:

Josh Allen has been an MVP conversations but he never got it because the team was not good enough supposedly even though it was all on his shoulders

This year‘s team feels different and that Josh Allen is not playing a superhero every week and the other players are actually helping is the NFL going to disregard Josh now that the team overall is actually playing better

In the NFL, MVP seems to ultimately go to QB with the best stats and lots of wins, unless someone at another position puts up record level stats and their team has a good record bc of that person’s performance.  Would definitely be ironic if Josh puts up the best stats of his career bc he has a better offense around him, and wins MVP because of that.  Because I think your point is that he is actually less valuable/important if he has a better team around him.

I couldn’t care less about Josh as the MVP unless he gets it because he won the Super Bowl. I despise the MVP talk at the 1/4 pole of the season, I think it’s ridiculous. Play half the games and then maybe start talking about it.

The thing with Josh is he makes the extraordinary look ordinary and does it without the flash, eye candy, horizontal BS Mahomes does. I don’t care what national pundits say, but I do appreciate guys like Orlovsky and the QBschool guy on YouTube who point out just how ridiculous some of his normal looking throws really are. It’s definitely under appreciated by those who don’t follow our team like we do.

For example, I think it was the first play of the Miami game. He’s drifting to his left and back to avoid a rush and delivers a dime off his back foot over 30 yards downfield to Diggs. After he throws the ball you can see him take 2 more steps BACKWARDS. That’s just not normal. Maybe only Mahomes makes that throw besides Josh. He’s an alien.

Edited by RunTheBall
  • Like (+1) 2

I don't think we're spoiled.  If you're old enough to remember:

• Todd Collins
  • Alex Van Pelt
  • Rob Johnson
  • JP Losman
  • Kelly Holcomb
  • Trent Edwards
  • Jeff Tuel
  • Thad Lewis
  • Kyle Orton
  • EJ Manuel
  • Tyrod Taylor
  • Nathan Peterman

Then you fully deserve to enjoy Josh Allen.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 4

1 hour ago, Jay_Fixit said:

Yeah, would suck to have a hall of fame QB who went to 4 Superbowls and the only reason didn’t win the first one was because of the head coach.

It's always so easy to blame the Head Coach.  Not sure it's that simple.

It's amazing that the two comparisons given were Jim Kelly and Dan Marino.  Both of them had Hall of Fame coaches (Marv Levy and Don Shula).  Kelly had a handful of other Hall of Fame players around him, including Thurman Thomas, Andre Reed and Bruce Smith on defense.

Sean McDermott has played his part in the Bills falling short the last 3 seasons.  But he's certainly not alone.

• Thank you (+1) 1

Yes, it is a great thing that we now have Josh as our QB.  I remember the times before Kelly and before Josh, and it was depressing.  I know that we need to get to the Super Bowl with Josh, but it does feel like another golden age with the consistency of winning, overall media coverage and global fan support and recognition.

9 minutes ago, Heels20X6 said:

I don't think we're spoiled.  If you're old enough to remember:

• Todd Collins
  • Alex Van Pelt
  • Rob Johnson
  • JP Losman
  • Kelly Holcomb
  • Trent Edwards
  • Jeff Tuel
  • Thad Lewis
  • Kyle Orton
  • EJ Manuel
  • Tyrod Taylor
  • Nathan Peterman

Then you fully deserve to enjoy Josh Allen.

Well, Jesus when you put it that way

14 hours ago, tomur67 said:

In the past, I could turn on the TV and really get interested in any NFL game that was on.  Now, after watching Josh play the game, watching other QB's is kind of ho-hum.  Most of the time the games are kind of boring. Yes, a few of them can make a couple of great throws a game, like Tua to a wide-open Hill or Waddle, or Mahomes to Kelce, but none, no one, plays the game like Josh Allen. Yes, I know I'm prejudiced, but I believe he is the most exciting and talented quarterback in the game today and will go down in history as one of the best.  Every snap he takes, you know he could make a play that no other QB could possibly make.  That is what makes him so exciting to watch. We are so damn lucky to have him.

We definitely deserve a little spoiling after finally getting out of that abusive relationship.

I get what you mean, but funny enough, having Josh and knowing we are relevant and perennial contenders has actually managed to return my fanhood I had as a kid back in the 80s and 90s. The pettiness and bitterness of the drought era has faded, and I can even enjoy watching stuff about other good teams without having to feel like "when is it OUR turn? 😤".

So while no one holds a candle to watching Josh, he's also managed to make football in general much more enjoyable.

Edited by DrDawkinstein
  • Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Ramza86 said:

Pretty funny right?

We used to be watching our version of Kenny Picketts and Jimmy Gs and really break them down and give them credit.

Now we get to watch Allen on a week to week basis? Wild

I'm old enough to have seen Jack Kemp, Joe Ferguson, Jim Kelly, Doug Flutie, Drew Bedsoe and Fitzmagic. I am not exaggerating when I say Josh Allen is already the greatest Bills QB. He surpassed Kelly.

• Agree 1

3 hours ago, tomur67 said:

In the past, I could turn on the TV and really get interested in any NFL game that was on.  Now, after watching Josh play the game, watching other QB's is kind of ho-hum.  Most of the time the games are kind of boring. Yes, a few of them can make a couple of great throws a game, like Tua to a wide-open Hill or Waddle, or Mahomes to Kelce, but none, no one, plays the game like Josh Allen. Yes, I know I'm prejudiced, but I believe he is the most exciting and talented quarterback in the game today and will go down in history as one of the best.  Every snap he takes, you know he could make a play that no other QB could possibly make.  That is what makes him so exciting to watch. We are so damn lucky to have him.

ive said for a few years that i wont be able to go back to how the last 20 years were before Josh. If it looks like that again, i will most likely stop watching. 

Agreed. Easy to take him for granted, but, wow, what a player! He may end up being the GOAT if he continues on his current trajectory. He can do everything Brady could do and he's bigger, faster and stronger, along with having a much stronger arm. Brady was a better decision maker and certainly took care of the ball better, but now Allen is showing he can do that, too. 

We're living in a Bills golden age. 

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, John from Riverside said:

I think Josh will still get his praise, I wonder how it'll go with Tua though, if he stays healthy his stats could be ridiculous. Do they keep giving him all the credit or do they take that system and those ridiculous YAC skill players into account.

There are a lot of great QBs out there making great plays all the time. I love that Josh is our QB, but there's other guys out there that have taken their teams to conference championship games and Super Bowls that are pretty great too. That's not even talking about the young up and comers.

1 hour ago, John from Riverside said:

It's pretty funny throwing down a perfect game at QB isn't considered playing superhero

If ever there was a LAMP post/thread!!!!  

Absolutely right, which is when we see bad play calling or coaching, we get more upset as the Bills have the best weapon in the NFL (some debate vs. Mahomes).

That is why too I thought coaching let him down years 1 & 2 and we still don't see his full potential either.

4 minutes ago, BullBuchanan said:

There are a lot of great QBs out there making great plays all the time. I love that Josh is our QB, but there's other guys out there that have taken their teams to conference championship games and Super Bowls that are pretty great too. That's not even talking about the young up and comers.

Its because he plays too reckless. Its what held Favre back from winning more Superbowls to be honest. If the man plays like he has, taking the easy throws when their given to him, he will win the Bills a SB. If he reverts back to the guy we have seen at times there is a possibility that we never win one with him because of how many good QB's are in the NFL especially the AFC. 

• Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.