Dolphins @ Bills Postgame thread

djp14150

9 minutes ago, Virgil said:

https://x.com/jeremywgr/status/1708581648004980743?s=46&t=L452HseFOUPXMh5JPrb9nw

Anyone know what the meaning of all this 🤔 is?  Diggs and Allen did it a few times.  Did the Dolphins do something this week?

"miami being underdogs they wore shirts w those emojis questioning why they’re underdogs mvp allen and diggs had to remind them why they’re underdogs"

• Eyeroll 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, WhitewalkerInPhilly said:

I was honestly shocked to see Tua out that long, down 28. Yes, there is a chance of a miracle but when your QB has an injury history like his why are you pushing your luck? 

The chance for a miracle was hard to buy watching Tua still out there when Hill and Waddle were on the sideline with their helmets off.

• Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

Somebody said it was because they were underdogs in this game. It's the thinking emoji it's often used sarcastically.

Right - most media starting picking the Bills as we got to mid week. 

I think the Dolphins players thought that was laughable because they put up 70 points on the defense that just let Chicago go off.   

19 minutes ago, Joe Ferguson forever said:

we all knew they weren't beating the Bengals last year, for lots of good reasons.  This was a bellweather game.

There was also the other Chiefs game last year that you could say was just as big if not bigger 

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, stevestojan said:

There’s a separate thread for those who want to sulk about Tre. It sucks, it’s almost certainly an Achilles. But this thread? We just dominated a team that everyone was certain would beat us. Just dominating. Great job by both McD and Dorsey. 

Where's the thread where we talk about Josh regressing?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, K-9 said:

The chance for a miracle was hard to buy watching Tua still out there when Hill and Waddle were on the sideline with their helmets off.

That was plain asinine as was the weird 2pt attempt early  Another analytics "genius" getting exposed

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2

1 minute ago, All_Pro_Bills said:

The last time?  I think they were called The Electric Company!

Can’t forget the oline with Hull at center, Richter and Davis at guard, and Ballard and Wilford at the tackles. Four pro bowlers and another (Davis) who deserved it every bit as much. Taking nothing away from the E company who were great in their own right, but I think that O line in our SB era was better.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, All_Pro_Bills said:

The last time?  I think they were called The Electric Company!

The 1990 line of

LT Will Wolford

LG Jim Ritcher

C Kent Hull

RG John Davis

RT Howard Ballard

was a pretty solid group.  Josh's mobility covers a lot of O-line issues. JK was more of a statue.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

Some folks here calling Miami a trash team. That is a bit much, but I know folks are feeling good... and we squished the fish.

I don't think they're a trash team.

They have plenty of talent and should win their share of games and took us down to the wire at home last year in the playoff game.

The Bills are better this year I think offensively and defensively.

We have a vastly improved OL and RBs, and I think we have a better defense. Where we got stops today they could not stop our offense and we started to pull away. Their offense has not faced a defense that could slow them down or even force a punt.

They pressed as most teams do when falling behind and turned the ball over. It snowballed from there.

Heck, we had two easy INTs we dropped and a forced fumble they recovered. Could have been even more lopsided.

We have the better D and an efficient scoring offense. They are going to have a hard time beating us this year, but they will likely beat up on plenty of other teams.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, BearNorth said:

The 1990 line of

LT Will Wolford

LG Jim Ritcher

C Kent Hull

RG John Davis

RT Howard Ballard

was a pretty solid group.  Josh's mobility covers a lot of O-line issues. JK was more of a statue.

The Electric Company blocked for OJ in the mid 70’s:

Dave Foley - LT

Reggie McKenzie - LG

Mike Montler - C

Joe D. - RG

Donnie Green - RT

Paul Seymour - TE

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.