Disfunction Junction, What's Your Function, House Republicans? Embarrassment To The Nation

16 minutes ago, JaCrispy said:

Love the idea of Jim Jordan for speaker…either him or Byron Donalds…

Big improvement over McCarthy…👍

Curious as to why the party that pretends to be so concerned about child grooming would support someone who covered up sexual abuse...

• Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 2

56 minutes ago, ChiGoose said:

Curious as to why the party that pretends to be so concerned about child grooming would support someone who covered up sexual abuse...

Because it's all BS.  You ever hear how many actual qanon supporters are sexual offenders?  It's insane. 

The internet may really be too powerful for some people.   We see it here too.  

• Like (+1) 2
  • Eyeroll 1

12 minutes ago, L Ron Burgundy said:

The internet may really be too powerful for some people.   We see it here too.  

What we see here is incredibly silly people unfamiliar with basic terms who can rarely craft a sentence in English who think they have any qualifications to judge the ethics, morality or patriotism of people they don't know.

That's the internet, and that's this.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

20 minutes ago, sherpa said:

What we see here is incredibly silly people unfamiliar with basic terms who can rarely craft a sentence in English who think they have any qualifications to judge the ethics, morality or patriotism of people they don't know.

That's the internet, and that's this.

Sorta life, too.  The internet just gives one access to bigly numbers of people from the comfort of their own abode.  

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, sherpa said:

run on sentence...glass houses.

Edited by Joe Ferguson forever
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

Sorta life, too.  The internet just gives one access to bigly numbers of people from the comfort of their own abode.  

I would argue the crap talking and outright lying would be called out/pushed back on the streets more than from the comfort of the couch with a block feature.

• Like (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, Tommy Callahan said:

I would argue the crap talking and outright lying would be called out/pushed back on the streets more than from the comfort of the couch with a block feature.

Sure, that’s true.  I wasn’t taking so much about hyper aggressive  chat—-more generally.  People have opined about religion politics what to eat what not to eat cars they like cars they hate skin color hair color short people tall people and so on since the dawn of time.  Most of that doesn’t involve fisticuffs.  More succinctly, people got opinions and often share them, wanted or not. 

Don’t have me tell you to stand down again, ya scallywag. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

Don’t have me tell you to stand down again, ya scallywag. 

Like "stand back and stand by"?

1 hour ago, Tommy Callahan said:

like Kristallnacht?

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, HomeskillitMoorman said:

This is all part of the big show where these people do anything but work to solve actual problems. 

What's sad is it works every time. 

The absolute dumbest thing that's happening that people seem to be overlooking is the idea that hurting the country is the only way to stop a hurting country.  When you're passing a budget is the proper time to discuss what you will spend.  Holding the checkbook hostage when it's time to pay the bills, for political gains, should be a tactic all voters should despise.  If a handful of people can do harm to the country, because they aren't getting their way, then the rules need to change.  

• Like (+1) 1

gate has made some enemies in his party.  If he aims to be an outsider, he's winning.  I doubt the RNC supports him financially.

https://www.cnn.com/politics/live-news/house-speaker-vacancy-successor-vote-10-04-23/index.html

Yet Mace, a Republican who could face a competitive race and will need a well-funded campaign war chest to win reelection, ultimately joined seven other GOP lawmakers and all Democrats to sink McCarthy. And it’s not the only repercussion she could now be facing for her career-defining moment of defiance: Sources told CNN that there’s discussion among members on the Republican Governance Group about voting to kick her out of the moderate-leaning group.

It’s just one of many examples of the fallout from Tuesday’s stunning vote to remove the sitting speaker, which has reverberated through both sides of the Capitol and left a bitterly divided GOP scrambling to pick up the pieces. Much of the furor is directed at Florida Rep. Matt Gaetz, the ringleader of the McCarthy rebellion. But Republicans are also turning their fire on their Democratic colleagues as well, furious that they sided with Gaetz to throw the House into chaos and let McCarthy be punished for funding the government with their votes.

Edited by Joe Ferguson forever

11 hours ago, Tommy Callahan said:

stop feeding them.

That would make him what, number three to the president with impeachment proceedings ramping up.

What would Republicans do if he actually got convicted in a situation like this?

He has over 80 chances to get convicted of a crime that could send him to prison

• Eyeroll 1

22 hours ago, Tommy Callahan said:

meh. the freedom caucus is just the "squad" of the right.

AOC, Matt Gaetz?  two in the same

No.  Even the Squad isn't dumb enough to side with all the Republicans to oust the speaker of their own party.  Which is saying something because they're pretty dumb.

• Like (+1) 1

21 hours ago, John from Riverside said:

He does kind of have a point here when you’re looking at the far left and right factions that’s what you’ve got

AOC is far left

Matt Gaetz, Lauren Boebert Marley, Taylor, Greene, those types for right

No

• Dislike 1

2 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

No.  Even the Squad isn't dumb enough to side with all the Republicans to oust the speaker of their own party.  Which is saying something because they're pretty dumb.

The difference: say what you will about her (and I am not a fan myself), Nancy Pelosi kept control of her own loony left flank. The Republicans have no one who is willing or able to control their loony right flank.

On 10/4/2023 at 8:17 AM, Tommy Callahan said:

you replied ad hominem cause?

Well, to be clear…to make that statement…I guess you could be an idiot, ignorant or just brainwashed….

The fact that you don’t see the difference proves my point….and further proves why the GOP voting base is the root cause of our current inability to make progress on anything…including the issues they prioritize

Keep rewarding and rationalizing these clowns….working out well isn’t it?

• Eyeroll 1

Just now, TH3 said:

Well, to be clear…to make that statement…I guess you could be an idiot, ignorant or just brainwashed….

The fact that you don’t see the difference proves my point….and further proves why the GOP voting base is the root cause of our current inability to make progress on anything…including the issues they prioritize

Keep rewarding and rationalizing these clowns….working out well isn’t it?

the fact you keep going ad hominem is not supporting your position.

define progress?  more money to the donor class?

1 hour ago, The Frankish Reich said:

The difference: say what you will about her (and I am not a fan myself), Nancy Pelosi kept control of her own loony left flank. The Republicans have no one who is willing or able to control their loony right flank.

This is undeniable. Every one on that side was perilously afraid of her. she almost had the same exact thing happen worth the squad … but beat them into submission 

https://www.newsweek.com/pelosi-squad-ocasio-cortez-omar-democrat-civil-war-1448652

• Agree 1

is he talking about his position?

reads like gaslighting from a silver spooner that's struggling mightily with his job responsibilities...

And he's talking about *****.  Takes one to know one.  But we went Jerry Springer when he got elected.

is he talking about his position?

reads like gaslighting from a silver spooner that's struggling mightily with his job responsibilities...

A classic Debbie Downer post here ladies and gents!  So exciting!

"Is he talking about himself?"

Apparently this is the preferred comment/ retort or comeback of the message board incel because we've seen variations from this one above to "I know you are but what am I".

Way to go Debs!  

On 10/4/2023 at 8:02 AM, Joe Ferguson forever said:

Last post on the topic as long as JD vance stays quiet.  Being old can be fun and apparently is popular:

https://themessenger.com/entertainment/golden-bachelor-beats-ratings-last-bachelor-premiere

I have noticed this at rock concerts and live music rock and blues clubs and the weed store: baby boomers still like to party, and they got money.

• Like (+1) 1

23 hours ago, daz28 said:

The absolute dumbest thing that's happening that people seem to be overlooking is the idea that hurting the country is the only way to stop a hurting country.  When you're passing a budget is the proper time to discuss what you will spend.  Holding the checkbook hostage when it's time to pay the bills, for political gains, should be a tactic all voters should despise.  If a handful of people can do harm to the country, because they aren't getting their way, then the rules need to change.  

The only problem here is the rules would have to be changed by the people in congress and it's working just fine for them thank you very much.

Former President Donald Trump said on Thursday he would be willing to be speaker of the House for a "short period of time" if House Republicans could not reach a consensus on another candidate to replace California Rep. Kevin McCarthy.

"They have asked me if I would take it for a short period of time for the party, until they come to a conclusion—I’m not doing it because I want to—I will do it if necessary, should they not be able to make their decision," Trump told Fox News Digital, adding he would only be interested in a "30, 60 or 90-day period."