Disfunction Junction, What's Your Function, House Republicans? Embarrassment To The Nation

Buck wants Jordan to commit to Ukraine funding and say Trump lost in 2020

Return to menu

By Rhonda Colvin

Rep. Ken Buck (R-Colo.), one of the closely watched holdouts against Rep. Jim Jordan (R-Ohio), maintains he is holding his ground and adds that Jordan might receive less support in a second round of votes.

“I think that Jim will lose some more people on that vote; it’ll be more than 20 that will vote against him,” Buck said before it was announced that the next round of voting would be no earlier than Wednesday. “And then we will probably have a conference at some point.”

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2023/10/18/house-speaker-vote/

Edited by Tiberius
  • Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Tiberius said:

Ain’t you watching the game? Diggs is good 

Probably the smartest and only intelligible utterance by you on the entire TBD board.

Edited by Wacka
  • Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Joe Ferguson forever said:

speaking of expelled, it seems some of the MAGA posters have expelled themselves from PPP.  Where's the fun in that?  maybe we need to take it easier on them....

By maga you mean an narrative outside the official state/MSM narrative.

• Disagree 1
  • Agree 1

17 hours ago, L Ron Burgundy said:

Goetz has the #1 most punchable face of any elected official.

I think Bidens health director Rachel Levine has won that category hands down !! Just saying .

But if Gaetz has done what they say he needs to be fired & that law should be able to be done with all the jack asses the gov't has in it including Santos he should have never been allowed to even start the job all should be held to the same standards that we are but we know that will never happen !! 

Edited by T master

8 hours ago, Tommy Callahan said:

How long till this thread goes the way of so many other MSM/Pac narratives that never materialize?

How long?

It went that way the moment it materialized in its useful idiot / commie "grey matter."

• Like (+1) 1

• Tiberius changed the title to Matt Gaetz Introduces Resolution To End McCarthy's Speakership

Rep. Matt Gaetz (R-Fla.) introduced a resolution Monday evening to remove Speaker Kevin McCarthy (R-Calif.) from his seat, triggering an expected intraparty clash and setting up a showdown for the House to decide whether to depose McCarthy likely within 48 hours.

Keeping up with politics is easy with The 5-Minute Fix Newsletter, in your inbox weekdays.

Gaetz and a handful of hard-right Republicans have repeatedly threatened to go after McCarthy’s speakership if he relied on Democratic votes to pass any spending legislation, which happened Saturday after McCarthy could not get a majority of Republicans to support various proposals to fund the government with only GOP votes. Using a motion to vacate, a single person can force the House to consider removing the speaker. McCarthy agreed to lowering the threshold for bringing the motion to win over enough support to become speaker in January.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2023/10/02/kevin-mccarthy-matt-gaetz/?utm_campaign=wp_main&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter

1 hour ago, L Ron Burgundy said:

I haven't followed this closely but am curious.   There a reason why Gaetz and Mccarthy don't like each other?  Is it just an old guard vs new?  Right vs far right?

McCarthy is about 41 years too old for Gaetz…

In all seriousness, the MAGA wing lives in a fantasy world, which makes governance impossible because you have to live in the real world to govern. McCarthy wants the support of the MAGA wing but also wants to try to govern. That is an anathema to people like Gaetz.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, L Ron Burgundy said:

I haven't followed this closely but am curious.   There a reason why Gaetz and Mccarthy don't like each other?  Is it just an old guard vs new?  Right vs far right?

In analogy, Gaetz is like the dems version of AOC repping the squad And they aren’t as afraid of McCarthy as the dems were of Nancy so they aren’t scared to vocalize their extreme positions.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

3 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

In analogy, Gaetz is like the dems version of AOC repping the squad And they aren’t as afraid of McCarthy as the dems were of Nancy so they aren’t scared to vocalize their extreme positions.  

Ok.  In terms of this negotiation, he was willing to allow the shut down?  Or did he think dems would cave?

May not know answers to these questions as of yet.  Or ever.

12 minutes ago, L Ron Burgundy said:

Ok.  In terms of this negotiation, he was willing to allow the shut down?  Or did he think dems would cave?

May not know answers to these questions as of yet.  Or ever.

oh I think Gaetz had no problem with a shutdown happening.. I think some dems wanted it too. Different reasons and perceived political victories capital leverage… 

I’m a big fan of this problem solving caucus. They were on the tail end of face the nation and said sane things. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Vomit 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

57 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

oh I think Gaetz had no problem with a shutdown happening.. I think some dems wanted it too. Different reasons and perceived political victories capital leverage… 

I’m a big fan of this problem solving caucus. They were on the tail end of face the nation and said sane things. 

Both sides need to work together.   Those saying don't even negotiate with the other side are extremely ignorant.   Reigns in the extremes tendencies right and left.

Still wish someone would knock out a few of Gaetz's teeth.  I'd be cool with Mccarthy doing it though I'm no fan of his either.   Gaetz just seems so sycophantic to me.

• Like (+1) 1

14 hours ago, Tommy Callahan said:

This is some DEM/establishment conspiracy that will be forgotten when it doesn't come true.

but reads like the usual attempt at removing the political opposition.

12 hours ago, Tommy Callahan said:

How long till this thread goes the way of so many other MSM/Pac narratives that never materialize?

This aged well.

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

you are an anarchist.  why do u want to burn it all down?

Edited by Joe Ferguson forever

5 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

Nope I think you are illiterate drunk again 

Not an answer but that's how MAGA's roll...literate enough for you?  When was the last time you were in a library?  Today here....County Public Library, Tax money very well spent.

Just now, Joe Ferguson forever said:

Not an answer but that's how MAGA's roll...

Answer to ?  ‘I like the problem solving caucus’ sounds like burn it down to red fail duck?

4 minutes ago, Joe Ferguson forever said:

When was the last time you were in a library?  

Also, I’m not 70 or homeless … and have internet. So not recently 

• Like (+1) 1

45 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

Answer to ?  ‘I like the problem solving caucus’ sounds like burn it down to red fail duck?

Also, I’m not 70 or homeless … and have internet. So not recently 

you should try it.  You talk to actual people.  They have good ideas on what to read and watch.  They're called librarians....Coulda streamed this for free on Peacock but wouldn't't have known to:

I was wearing a Bills shirt and she recked this.  Looking forward to watching it.  She didn't rec any books on sexuality or racism

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Four_Falls_of_Buffalo

Also Libraries are good.   Do you disagree and why?

And I'm not 70.  2 years til I move up to the gold tees.  Those 440 yd par fours are hurting my back.  But rules and etiquette serve important functions in a civil society...

34 minutes ago, Joe Ferguson forever said:

you should try it.  You talk to actual people.  They have good ideas on what to read and watch.  They're called librarians....Coulda streamed this for free on Peacock but wouldn't't have known to:

I was wearing a Bills shirt and she recked this.  Looking forward to watching it.  She didn't rec any books on sexuality or racism

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Four_Falls_of_Buffalo

Also Libraries are good.   Do you disagree and why?

And I'm not 70.  2 years til I move up to the gold tees.  Those 440 yd par fours are hurting my back.

Ok 68… no one would know just tell your library story and they may just mulligan you par for driving the cart to the right spot. 

weird old single people who refused to have a family and insist on telling you they aren’t gay are the oddest people …

• Haha (+1) 1

27 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

Ok 68… no one would know just tell your library story and they may just mulligan you par for driving the cart to the right spot. 

weird old single people who refused to have a family and insist on telling you they aren’t gay are the oddest people …

gold tees start at 65...at least where I play.  You get the reds at 80.  Played with an 82 yo w a 5 hdcp the other day. But he gets 75-100 yards on me off the bat. It's ok.   It's the natural order of things. I like women.  You don't know anyone like me, do you?  No liberal friends.  Cuz I have many conservative ones.  It's an advantage to know how they think.  And most of them are very nice, honorable folks.

19 minutes ago, JDHillFan said:

Probably knew of your fondness for slurs and your assumptions that good male dancers are gay. Sad. 

I really am LOL.  I don't think so.  Librarians seem to be rather open minded, in general.  Pretty sure Marz is straight but that costume...just ridiculous.  Waiting for the next show.  And if you want to learn to dance this is a great event https://wvstateparks.com/event/spring-ballroom-dancing-weekend-pipestem-2/.  They haven't posted it there yet but it's Nov 17-19.  There are some gay folk there but it's no problem.  There are some very good dancers.  Even some Russians that come.

Just now, Joe Ferguson forever said:

I really am LOL.  I don't think so.  Librarians seem to be rather open minded, in general.  Pretty sure Marz is straight but that costume...just ridiculous.  Waiting for the next show.

Your words are out there for all to see. All 11 people that frequent this board. Your secret is safe although the personal trainer that declined your business was surely wise to you. 

• Haha (+1) 1