Disfunction Junction, What's Your Function, House Republicans? Embarrassment To The Nation

3 minutes ago, Joe Ferguson forever said:

he settled for 300K.  and then there's this:

Hill's initial declaration for a temporary restraining order included documentation that she was diagnosed at a San Diego-area hospital with an acute head injury and assault by manual strangulation -- along with other injuries -- from being choked unconscious during what she described as consensual rough sex that went too far. Kelly Valencia, the forensic nurse examiner who performed the Sexual Assault Response Team (SART) exam on Hill later that night, testified during the initial hearing in August of 2021 and said the bruising she documented outside the woman's ***** was unlike any she had seen in her 40-plus years of experience.

So what is your point?

Libs turning into full blown North Korea at an accelerated pace.  Astonishing.  

Only an ignorant moron thinks these are just accidents or poor journalism.

9 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

That's what I find fascinating. We've had a few questions from various posters here lately: why do you bother to read/post here? 

Damn good question. 

Always looking for the good in others, I said, well, sometimes I actually learn something or get some insight.

Related: all of these Hell-in-a-Handbasket America (as it is today) haters are kind of my little social science focus group.

Most seem to be doing quite well personally, thank you. (Some who shall not be named are, in the favorite word of a former President, losers. But not everyone can be a winner.) And yet they're miserable. Nostalgic old men mostly, although some are old before their time. And with old men nostalgia is often expressed as frustration or anger. "The world isn't the way it used to be, dammit." Not as a nice grandfatherly this-is-how-we-lived-back-in-the-day sentiment.

Insight? Oh, yeah, definitely.

Keep posting, I will keep studying.

Carry on dude.  It’s your 3rd world dumpster fire your culture is enabling. 

1 hour ago, JaCrispy said:

It’s only an illusion of 2 parties if both parties keep voting for the same things…

Doesn’t give the people much of a choice when both sides are bought and paid for by the same corporations…👍

Sounds like some commie pinko speak to me 

2 hours ago, Buffarukus said:

What did you change? Pelosi needed the squads vote to get power and they happily conceded it to her. No progressive concessions required. Rolled right over when they were the ones who would "fight" for thier voters. 

So much progress from the progressives. Medicare for all? Student loan forgivness? Defunded police? Ya sure...sucker.

( laughing emoji repeated) 😒

We tried student loans. Repubs threw a temper tantrum and screeched about communism, like the pathetic swine they are.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, The Frankish Reich said:

His point is that no one cares. Or that no one should care. If it wasn't a criminal act, just because Trevor Bauer gets off on choking women to the point of injury is, well, just a lifestyle choice.

Now if he were a good pitcher and a gentle soul who simply asked that he be called Tricia Bauer? THAT would be a basis for ending his career.

There you have it. Anti-woke logic in action.

Sometimes it’s fun to pretend to have an answer for everything. You seem to know that concept well. In general, it’s better to actually know what you are talking about. 

• Dislike 1

https://www.npr.org/2023/10/03/1203310040/mccarthy-gaetz-speaker-news.  Lots of good info and insight here

"If you throw a speaker out that has 99 percent of their conference, that kept government open and paid the troops, I think we're in a really bad place," McCarthy told reporters in the Capitol Tuesday morning.

POLITICS 

House GOP rebels recall a distant era when dissidents rose up against 'Czar Cannon'

Democrats refuse to save McCarthy

Ahead of the vote, there was speculation that Democrats might step in to save McCarthy's speakership by voting "present" rather than in favor of the motion to vacate. But McCarthy said he was not willing to offer any concessions to Democrats to help him say in power.

8 MAGA votes removed him.

12 minutes ago, JDHillFan said:

Sometimes it’s fun to pretend to have an answer for everything. You seem to know that concept well. In general, it’s better to actually know what you are talking about. 

I guess the discovery of the last suit/countersuit didn't vindicate him enough to save him $300k.  And he's making this vid complaining that no one has heard his side.  Do you have a vid of her side of the story?

https://theathletic.com/4923537/2023/10/02/trevor-bauer-sexual-assault-accuser-settlement/

hmmm..."insurance claim".  Some details would be helpful

Hill’s lawyers described the outcome as an “outstanding resolution” in which Hill did not pay Bauer and received $300,000 from an insurance claim.

“Based on that payment, Lindsey agreed to settle the lawsuit,” Hill’s attorney Bryan Freedman said. “Now that the lawsuit is over, Lindsey looks forward to helping others.”

Edited by Joe Ferguson forever

9 minutes ago, Joe Ferguson forever said:

I guess the discovery of the last suit/countersuit didn't vindicate him enough to save him $300k.  And he's making this vid complaining that no one has heard his side.  Do you have a vid of her side of the story?

There are numbers involved so it’s little wonder that you are throwing up all over yourself here. A more careful read as opposed to your normal schoolgirl dramatics would have helped you. 

According to a copy of the settlement agreement obtained by The Washington Post, neither Bauer nor Hill is paying to settle the case, and each will bear their own attorneys’ fees. 

In a separate agreement, Hill’s insurance company, which had covered her defense, will pay her $300,000, records show.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/2023/10/02/trevor-bauer-lindsey-hill-settlement/

Shocking that no criminal charges were filed with such ghastly “injuries” being reported. 

Do you not agree that the txts and videos from her phone tell a good part of her story?

2 minutes ago, JDHillFan said:

There are numbers involved so it’s little wonder that you are throwing up all over yourself here. A more careful read as opposed to your normal schoolgirl dramatics would have helped you. 

According to a copy of the settlement agreement obtained by The Washington Post, neither Bauer nor Hill is paying to settle the case, and each will bear their own attorneys’ fees. 

In a separate agreement, Hill’s insurance company, which had covered her defense, will pay her $300,000, records show.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/2023/10/02/trevor-bauer-lindsey-hill-settlement/

Shocking that no criminal charges were filed with such ghastly “injuries” being reported. 

Do you not agree that the txts and videos from her phone tell a good part of her story?

why did her insurance company pay her 300k and cover her defense?

honestly, I could care less about this story.  just a sordid sexual misadventure by 2 adults out for their own goals.  whether that morning after vid id actually from the morning she went to the hospital and was documented to have genital injuries is beyond either your or my knowledge.  honestly, i don't care...

Just now, Joe Ferguson forever said:

The bigger question is why can’t a self-described elite read a simple article and accurately reflect its contents?  I guess you wouldn’t be able to rush to message board judgement if you did that.

Read for yourself. Slowly. It’s in The Washington Post - where democracy dies in darkness. 

6 minutes ago, JDHillFan said:

Not everything that is not criminal is honorable or even defensible. 

See Watson, Deshaun; Bauer, Trevor; Brand, Russell.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Joe Ferguson forever said:

honestly, I could care less about this story.  just a sordid sexual misadventure by 2 adults out for their own goals.  whether that morning after vid id actually from the morning she went to the hospital and was documented to have genital injuries is beyond either your or my knowledge.  honestly, i don't care...

You are big on editing your posts. Why don’t you show some spine and add an editorial note that you were 100% incorrect saying he settled for 300k? You can do it. I believe in you and your quest for truth. 

• Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, JDHillFan said:

You are big on editing your posts. Why don’t you show some spine and add an editorial note that you were 100% incorrect saying he settled for 300k? You can do it. I believe in you and your quest for truth. 

I was wrong her settled for $300k.  Why did her insurance pay for her defense and the $300k?

2 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

Not everything that is not criminal is honorable or even defensible. 

See Watson, Deshaun; Bauer, Trevor; Brand, Russell.

You declared he likes choking people out. Your basis for doing so is a lying gold digger. If you feel good about doubling down on that, by all means. 

Just now, Joe Ferguson forever said:

I was wrong her settled for $300k.  Why did her insurance pay for her defense and the $300k?

You are an elite. So you’ve told us. Read, old man. Read. 

1 minute ago, JDHillFan said:

You declared he likes choking people out. Your basis for doing so is a lying gold digger. If you feel good about doubling down on that, by all means. 

You are an elite. So you’ve told us. Read, old man. Read. 

somebody said you are 72.  Can you still ski, golf, paddle board etc.  Could you ever?  i don't really care a fig about you or the pitcher.  But it seems it's big deal to the likes of Jack prober and the rest of the propagandists.  Kinda makes me suspicious.  Done with this subject....

3 minutes ago, Joe Ferguson forever said:

somebody said you are 72.  Can you still ski, golf, paddle board etc.  Could you ever?  i don't really care a fig about you or the pitcher.  But it seems it's big deal to the likes of Jack prober and the rest of the propagandists.  Kinda makes me suspicious.  Done with this subject....

I’m old but not as old as you. I still have the ability to read with discernment. Seeing you struggle with it gives me pause about what lies ahead. 

I live in Maryland so within a reasonable drive. I would be delighted to meet you at the gym of your choosing and we could do some strength/athletic comparisons. Let me know!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, JDHillFan said:

You declared he likes choking people out. Your basis for doing so is a lying gold digger.

There were corroborating reports.

And you simply don't seem to understand what I'm saying. I really don't care if she was a gold digger. I really don't care if she consented. His defense is basically that everything was consensual. In effect: I am a sadistic sex perv, and I found a willing (apparent) masochist participant.

I don't want him as an employee in my business. Neither did MLB or the Dodgers after investigating what happened.

Again: even if not a criminal act, it simply conduct unbecoming. Same thing with Deshaun Watson, who also was not prosecuted.

This board is full of moralizing people. "Groomer!" "Sexualizing and mutilating kids!" Traditional morality would say that when behavior such as Bauer's is revealed, that person ought not be allowed back in polite society. Yeah, I'm old fashioned like that.

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, The Frankish Reich said:

There were corroborating reports.

And you simply don't seem to understand what I'm saying. I really don't care if she was a gold digger. I really don't care if she consented. His defense is basically that everything was consensual. In effect: I am a sadistic sex perv, and I found a willing (apparent) masochist participant.

I don't want him as an employee in my business. Neither did MLB or the Dodgers after investigating what happened.

Again: even if not a criminal act, it simply conduct unbecoming. Same thing with Deshaun Watson, who also was not prosecuted.

This board is full of moralizing people. "Groomer!" "Sexualizing and mutilating kids!" Traditional morality would say that when behavior such as Bauer's is revealed, that person ought not be allowed back in polite society. Yeah, I'm old fashioned like that.

You couldn’t have read her txts. So be it. 

• Disagree 1

12 minutes ago, JDHillFan said:

You couldn’t have read her txts. So be it. 

I did.

And I explained: even if she set him up, he did it. And even if she set him up, he demonstrated a proclivity for enjoying choking women to the point of injury for his own sexual gratification.

MLB contracts have a morals clause. Trevor Bauer, you are a grown up man, responsible for your own behavior and how it reflects on your employer in a public/performance business. Grow up.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

7 hours ago, Roundybout said:

Im getting on board with the conspiracy that Trump is a secret democrat operative designed to cause civil war in the GOP and destroy it from within.

Where does appointing three Supreme Court conservative judges as president fit into this conspiracy?

• Like (+1) 2

8 hours ago, JDHillFan said:

I’m old but not as old as you. I still have the ability to read with discernment. Seeing you struggle with it gives me pause about what lies ahead. 

I live in Maryland so within a reasonable drive. I would be delighted to meet you at the gym of your choosing and we could do some strength/athletic comparisons. Let me know!

Sure.  sounds like an amazing trip🤣

8 hours ago, The Frankish Reich said:

I did.

And I explained: even if she set him up, he did it. And even if she set him up, he demonstrated a proclivity for enjoying choking women to the point of injury for his own sexual gratification.

MLB contracts have a morals clause. Trevor Bauer, you are a grown up man, responsible for your own behavior and how it reflects on your employer in a public/performance business. Grow up.

I think JD is into this stuff.  It's why he won't let it go....lifting, roids, choking....bestiality?  Fascists are bizarre and aberrant.

9 hours ago, JDHillFan said:

His name is Mandebaum!  Mandebaum! 

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

16 minutes ago, Tommy Callahan said:

lefties are big mad about this.

Nah. We're sitting back and enjoying the clownshow.

When the Dems had a 5 seat majority, they actually passed meaningful legislation. When the GOP had a 5 seat majority, they collapsed into childish infighting and stupidity.

Good times!

• Like (+1) 1