Zack Moss revisited

Sierra Foothills

Moss has helped me survive some injuries in fantasy, so let me say thanks Moss.

But, Bills are currently 5th in the NFL in rushing...so who cares.  We are better off right now than we were with Singletary and Moss back there.  But wish him well, especially since hes on my fantasy team.  But he is about to become super irrelevant again if Colts and Taylor ever find any common ground for the remainder of the season.  So my fantasy team hopes they trade Taylor :)

Zack Moss last 7 Regular Season Games
Date ATT YDs YPC
12/17/22 24 81 3.38
12/26/22 12 65 5.42
1/1/23 15 74 4.93
1/8/23 18 114 6.33
9/17/23 18 88 4.89
9/24/23 30 122 4.07
10/1/23 18 70 3.9
TOTAL 135 614 4.91

Just doing some housekeeping.

This might get interesting as Jonathan Taylor moves closer to returning to action. FWIW, Moss is averaging 17.86 rushes and 87.7 yards per game over his last 7 regular season games. He has scored 4 TDs in these games.

Jonathan Taylor was just activated minutes ago.

Edited by Sierra Foothills

38 minutes ago, FrenchConnection said:

With the Taylor extension, the Zach Moss era is over in Indianapolis.

Agree to some extent. Best 1-2 RB combo in the NFL. Supports the young QB. They wanted to trade him but RB value is soft. If they couldn’t get a 2nd for him.. might as well keep him. 

1 hour ago, QLBillsFan said:

Agree to some extent. Best 1-2 RB combo in the NFL. Supports the young QB. They wanted to trade him but RB value is soft. If they couldn’t get a 2nd for him.. might as well keep him. 

With a QB on a rookie deal they can afford a 2 year commitment to a RB. The money isn't outrageous just under 15 million and they have an out on that third year so if he is terrible they don't have to eat the contract for too long. The Colts need to get Richardson some WR's and a TE in the offseason. Their offensive line is solid and they have the combo at RB now. If they can get Richardson some help on the outside he at least has a chance of developing in years 2-3 of his career. 

• Like (+1) 2

On 9/26/2023 at 9:46 AM, FireChans said:

Missed playoffs

Missed playoffs

1st round exit

Lost in AFCCG to better QB

Second round exit.

No he isn't. Doesn't mean we need our "Thurman" like all the Bills fans living in the past believe.

Of course, not all Bills fans from the 60s believe this. But I would guess that the large majority of fans that push so hard for more rushing are older fans, not younger fans. 20 and 30 year old kids ain't waxing poetically about 40 carries a game.

I dunno my dad is almost 70 and he hates every time we run the ball. I feel like I have to remind him the balanced attack seems to be working better after all. lol

Edited by BillsFan692
  • Haha (+1) 1

Part of it is Carry’s, part health, part our interior line was weak.  Not Morse, but we had some of the worst guards in the league as starters.  Now, we have a much stronger line.  

McD has always wanted to run the ball, but we weren’t punching holes so he had to throw it everywhere.  Besides Dabollwas always enamored with the pass.

Edited by machine gun kelly

57 minutes ago, BillsFan692 said:

I dunno my dad is almost 70 and he hates every time we run the ball. I feel like I have to remind him the balanced attack seems to be working better after all. lol

I bet he recalls Air Coryell fondly.  San Diego really had an impressive passing game.

On 9/29/2023 at 6:48 PM, Alphadawg7 said:

Moss has helped me survive some injuries in fantasy, so let me say thanks Moss.

But, Bills are currently 5th in the NFL in rushing...so who cares.  We are better off right now than we were with Singletary and Moss back there.  But wish him well, especially since hes on my fantasy team.  But he is about to become super irrelevant again if Colts and Taylor ever find any common ground for the remainder of the season.  So my fantasy team hopes they trade Taylor :)

Well so much for that.

• Sad 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

Now the question is, what are we doing wrong? If Zack looks like a different player somewhere else and we still struggle to produce a RB who comes close to that production whats the issue here.

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, ddaryl said:

Now the question is, what are we doing wrong? If Zack looks like a different player somewhere else and we still struggle to produce a RB who comes close to that production whats the issue here.

I mean its 2 totally different offenses.  We are a pass first offense that runs the ball for balance at most.  Colts are a run first team where running the ball is a focal point of their offense and have the OL to execute that.  And best ability is avail-ability and Moss unfortunately kept getting injuries anytime he started to look like he could finally challenge Devin for touches.  People forget, Devin had a very good YPC here, its not like Moss was behind a guy who wasn't effective at all.  There just were not a lot of touches to go around here, so when you keep getting hurt and losing ground to the guy ahead of you, it further diminishes your opportunities.

Not to diminish what Moss has done there, but there are a lot of RB's in the NFL that could go to Colts and do more with those opportunities than their current respective teams who don't have the level of OL Colts have and don't make running the ball a focal point of the offense every week like the Colts do.  

Right now, I wonder if Colts keep him and try and move him to a team that really could use some RB help and try and get some draft capital to keep building around their young QB and Taylor.  There are some teams I could see making calls for him, probably the most obvious would be the Ravens.  

On 10/7/2023 at 9:26 AM, Sierra Foothills said:
Date ATT YDs YPC
12/17/22 24 81 3.38
12/26/22 12 65 5.42
1/1/23 15 74 4.93
1/8/23 18 114 6.33
9/17/23 18 88 4.89
9/24/23 30 122 4.07
10/1/23 18 70 3.9
AVERAGE 135 614 4.91

This might get interesting as Jonathan Taylor moves closer to returning to action. FWIW, Moss is averaging 17.86 rushes and 87.7 yards per game over his last 7 regular season games. He has scored 4 TDs in these games.

More housekeeping.

Zack Moss last 8 Regular Season Games
Date ATT YDs YPC
12/17/22 24 81 3.38
12/26/22 12 65 5.42
1/1/23 15 74 4.93
1/8/23 18 114 6.33
9/17/23 18 88 4.89
9/24/23 30 122 4.07
10/1/23 18 70 3.90
10/8/23 23 165 7.17
TOTAL 158 779 4.93

Over these last 8 games Moss is averaging 19.75 carries for 97.38 yards per game and has scored 6 TDs.

A bit ironic that he had his best game as a pro on the day that Jonathan Taylor was activated... more fantasy football angst.

On 10/9/2023 at 8:50 AM, Aussie Joe said:

So does Moss still count as another Beane draft bust?

I’m trying to keep score..

Actually a legit question. If he turns out to have a career commensurate with his draft status doesn't that mean he was a good pick?

Does it not also suggest that it was other circumstances (even bad luck) that prevented him from living up to his draft status with his original team?

On 10/9/2023 at 11:50 AM, Aussie Joe said:

So does Moss still count as another Beane draft bust?

I’m trying to keep score..

No, he’ll be another pick (along with Teller) they gave up on too quickly.  Although it’s possible he just didn’t put in the effort here. 

Mr. bright side: Moss and Zay Jones showed they were solid draft picks. 

I do think Moss isn’t any special but that trade looks bad now. Rb is definitely not a strength of this regime. They love scat backs too much. 

22 minutes ago, Doc said:

No, he’ll be another pick (along with Teller) they gave up on too quickly.  Although it’s possible he just didn’t put in the effort here. 

By all accounts, everyone loved Moss. He just didn’t really get an opportunity. If you watched him at Utah, he was a guy who got better with carries.

I like Cook and know why you can’t invest too heavily in RBs (though this regime has). But it would be great to see Allen with a legit top 10ish rb who could play 3 downs. Imagine a stud rb who would have a ton of room because teams can’t bring up safeties against Allen. 

On 10/7/2023 at 12:26 PM, Sierra Foothills said:
Date ATT YDs YPC
12/17/22 24 81 3.38
12/26/22 12 65 5.42
1/1/23 15 74 4.93
1/8/23 18 114 6.33
9/17/23 18 88 4.89
9/24/23 30 122 4.07
10/1/23 18 70 3.9
TOTAL 135 614 4.91

I think they’ll use both Moss and Taylor.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.