Kurt Warner Breakdown of Josh Allen This Week

Scott7975

1 minute ago, Scott7975 said:

"Can't take it out of his game. Thats what makes Allen special."

Yeah hopefully more people come to terms with this. The INTs aren’t the problem, it’s the decision making when the opposition is forcing him to be patient. I believe he’s on the verge of of graduating to another level of greatness.

• Like (+1) 6
  • Agree 8

25 minutes ago, Chaos said:

Daniel Jones was very patient last night taking what the defense gave him. Which was lots of punts.  Sometimes winning requires making things happen rather than be patient. 

It's a complimentary mix of both.  The Jets game was 1 quarter of patience and 3 quarters of hero "reckless" ball.  Josh will have opportunities to go deep when teams relax on deep cover 2.  In the meantime he should continue with the Raider gameplan in Washington. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 4

The last thing we want is to turn Josh into Chad Pennington.

Hes an elite QB because he’s a gun slinger and can make throws no other QB outside of Mahomes can make.

He definitely needs to be more smart at times, but for those of the ones saying “don’t throw INTs”, you are basically saying “be conservative/average”.

Got to live with some of his mistakes, as those “risks” that turn bad, more often than not turn out to be amazing plays

Edited by BillsFan130
  • Like (+1) 6
  • Dislike 1

I always thought Kurt was a JA17 hater. But not here. His “take the some bad with a lot of great” is spot on. 

his vid break downs always reminds me of how hard and fast QB1 has to think and react to the entire field. It’s amazing actually. 

Edited by Since1981
  • Agree 2

3 hours ago, Chaos said:

Daniel Jones was very patient last night taking what the defense gave him. Which was lots of punts.  Sometimes winning requires making things happen rather than be patient. 

Patient, but inaccurate!! Jones stalled lots of drives last night with inaccurate passes. There were some drops by receivers also, but the Giants were in the game until late. Those drive stoppers because of inaccurate passes hurt them

• Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, Chaos said:

Bad comparison or analogy here.

Jones was playing perhaps the best defense in the league on the road, minus the best offensive weapon on the team, and missing a couple of starters on the oline. 

There was little to no path for him to succeed whether is was being patient or taking risks. 

Allen vs the Jets and the Raiders are completely different in astronomical ways. 

Edited by newcam2012
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

7 minutes ago, newcam2012 said:

Bad comparison or analogy here.

Jones was playing perhaps the best defense in the league on the road, minus the best offensive weapon on the team, and missing a couple of starters on the oline. 

There was little to no path for him to succeed whether is was being patient or taking risks. 

Allen vs the Jets and the Raiders are completely different in astronomical ways. 

And the plays where Josh made his big mistakes against the Jets were not plays where he needed to make something happen. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Very enjoyable breakdown. That’s the Josh we want to see every week, ruthlessly efficient, with a few ‘wow’ moments.

As Gunner says though, the Jest throws were simply unacceptably bad decisions, and unnecessary. Hero ball at its worst.

Warner didn’t say it as such, but if either of the throws to Shakir or Gabe hadn’t ended it as TDs, that would have been ok, because the opportunity was there, whereas against the Jest, it wasn’t. That's where you take the ‘rough with he smooth’ with Josh, because both did end up as TDs due to his extraordinary ability.

10 hours ago, julian said:

Yeah hopefully more people come to terms with this. The INTs aren’t the problem, it’s the decision making when the opposition is forcing him to be patient. I believe he’s on the verge of of graduating to another level of greatness.

Yes, the murders weren't the problem or the reason I'm in jail. It was my decision-making when I get irritated.

Hope you're right about him getting better. Certainly not impossible, but when I see it, I'll believe it. He's already very very damn good.

Edited by Thurman#1
  • Haha (+1) 1

Last week's Josh is who we need the rest of his career.  Taking what's there AND taking the deep shots when they are there.  I said it before, I love the concept of a death by 1000 cuts.  Mahomes figured it out, Brady, Rogers, Montana, and even Elway late in his career with Shanahan.  Take the 10+ play drives,keep getting 1st downs and it most of the time ends up good.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.