To All You Dorsey/McD Haters What Say You Now ?

T master

Hating on McD is a way to protect your self from embarrassment and disappointment .  After all 31 coaches are “losers” each year. Now you can be protected at the end of the season and boast about how you were right all year with your astute criticism. “Coach failed to deliver in the biggest moment again! “. I told all you homers months ago. 

• Vomit 2
  • Agree 1

28 minutes ago, LeGOATski said:

I think there are metrics that can be used to measure rhythm, like a QBs release time, drive time, play clock management, etc. I don't think it's totally subjective and could be analyzed.

Rhythm doesn't determine overall success, but I'm sure it helps in the microscale game situations that contribute to wins and losses for the offense.

Which one? Release time? Drive time? Play clock management?

Exactly. You don't know. Nobody knows. It's subjective. It's one of the things people say when teams are consistently moving. The game has rhythm because of the play clock. For teams that are succeeding or failing. It's one of those things that feel right and sound right but don't really mean anything.

15 minutes ago, Thrivefourfive said:

They beat one of the worst teams in the league.

i like that McD shut down Jacobs and made the QB do what he does worse to beat try to score on us. I still hate Dorsey’s play calling, at least five times a game. Dumb *****. 

Yeah. Thing is people hated Daboll's play-calling too. He was loved widely around the league and there was a large group here attacking him every time something went wrong.

Nobody like to attack the QB or the players. The OC is traditionally the scapegoat. It's how it all works.

There is such a thing as bad play-calling. Can't remember the guy but one of our OCs around 10 years ago was found to be consistently going run-run-pass like 80% of the time. That's moronic. But beyond absolute predictability, good plays can be botched by bad execution and bad plays can be saved by bad execution and it's execution that's more generally to blame for bad performance.

Oh, and beating bad teams happens often. Beating them by 28 points is pretty rare. Holding even bad teams to 10 points is terrific play. Scoring 38 yourself? Not common. It was a great game by the Bills. The last one was pretty awful. We shouldn't forget how awful Allen in particular played in that game. But this game was terrific.

Edited by Thurman#1
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

48 minutes ago, cgg716 said:

The only playoff games they won where the D played well were Baltimore and NE. And NE was more of a case of a bumrush by the offense, kinda like yesterday.  Awful against the Colts in a W, and utterly lifeless more times than I can count in regular season games. To boot completely unable to stop the run, year after year, and the earmarks of this year being even worse in that regard are thrre

Sorry, remind me, did he say they played lousy in "every big game except play off games with Baltimore and NE, and bumrush games"? Or did he say in "every game"? That's right, he said it was in "every game." Nonsense.

And the fact is the D was a huge factor in that Colts win in the playoffs. Huge. The Colts got the ball on their final drive with 2:30 left, down by a field goal. Plenty of time and a great chance. And couldn't move the ball against our defense, ended up throwing a hail mary from the 47. Forced them into a 13 play slow, unproductive drive, it was absolutely excellent play.

And now you are doing the same thing, throwing out hogwash as if it's true. The Bills aren't "completely unable to stop the run, year after year." That's utter crap. All you have to do is look at how Jacobs did yesterday to know that's simply not true, nine carries for -2 yards. The Raiders went 15 carries for 55 yards, 3.7 YPC. But you don't have to stop there. The YPA stats show year after year we're good against the run. 13th best last year, 11th best the year before. Bad in 2020, 6th worst, 13th best in 2019. 

We're actually generally above average at run D.

22 minutes ago, QLBillsFan said:

Haters is such a cop out generic term. Posters have legitimate concerns about coaching. It can happen and not be a hater. McDermy is a good but not great coach. 13 seconds was my call for firing him. But he is a good coach and I don’t hate him. 

Nah, he's a great coach, genuinely great. 

Not elite. He's still got things to prove, but he's absolutely top 5 - 7 or so.

Edited by Thurman#1
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Disagree 1

5 hours ago, T master said:

So after the Jets game & even before that there were those here that wanted to fire McD, Dorsey, & start all over they said that the Bills would never win anything with McD & that Dorsey wasn't the answer also that Josh wasn't the QB he use to be !

They will change their mind after they decide that Josh Allen was not the wrong Josh.

• Haha (+1) 1

Dorsey was my biggest concern going into the season. I was encouraged somewhat from the Jets game, and I was extremely pleased with the Raider game.

He used all 3 RBs very effectively and designed 3 long drives that ate up some clock,  helping to keep our defense fresh. It was a very smart game plan and he stuck with it. 

I've never had an issue with McDermott that had me questioning his ability to coach. 

• Like (+1) 1

12 hours ago, T master said:

So after the Jets game & even before that there were those here that wanted to fire McD, Dorsey, & start all over they said that the Bills would never win anything with McD & that Dorsey wasn't the answer also that Josh wasn't the QB he use to be !

They had absolutely no faith in the possibility of the second year OC fitting the new personal into the scheme & being successful or would they even seem to want to give him a chance .

But then yesterday what happened 38 to 10 VICTORY ! The D held last years NFL rushing leader to -2 yds for the ENTIRE GAME & the Raiders only had the 3 possessions in the second half . But those that SUCK so bad led the team to a 38 to 10 VICTORY !! 

Despite being a New season with New players, some new coaches it's the same old S**T no one sees any silver lining any where or the possibility of them being better just complain & fire every body because they suck  . I wonder how high they were jumping in the air while watching the boys score the way they did while watching the game ?

I don't get it ! How about this ? How about lets see how it plays out . I bet if they were to go all the way & all the haters jumped on board during the run to a championship but alas they would still find something to B**CH about .

I listened to Josh on his post game interview & if you go listen to it on the Bills app he said "I love feeling like I did last week, because it motivates me to be better & I learn from the experience" his out look on losing is so much more mature than many here .

I just hope the haters here learned something from the game & how the Bills as a hole bounced back and played better than the game against the Jets & the Jets didn't look nearly as good as they did against the Bills . Even with that said there were only a few plays in the Jets game that if played just a bit better the game would have been a W instead of a L .

And i would be willing to bet with what the Bills learned from the mistakes they made in the FIRST GAME OF THE YEAR that the out come of the next game against the Jets will be a bit different . And the team will be better for it in the long run .

GO BILLS !! 

I will say the same thing I said to the ones thinking the sky was falling after week 1. It is only 1 week. All silly talk of who should stay or be fired should at least wait till the half way point lol

12 hours ago, T master said:

They had absolutely no faith in the possibility of the second year OC fitting the new personal into the scheme & being successful or would they even seem to want to give him a chance .

But then yesterday what happened 38 to 10 VICTORY ! The D held last years NFL rushing leader to -2 yds for the ENTIRE GAME & the Raiders only had the 3 possessions in the second half . But those that SUCK so bad led the team to a 38 to 10 VICTORY !! 

Despite being a New season with New players, some new coaches it's the same old S**T no one sees any silver lining any where or the possibility of them being better just complain & fire every body because they suck  . I wonder how high they were jumping in the air while watching the boys score the way they did while watching the game ?

I don't get it ! How about this ? How about lets see how it plays out . I bet if they were to go all the way & all the haters jumped on board during the run to a championship but alas they would still find something to B**CH about .

I listened to Josh on his post game interview & if you go listen to it on the Bills app he said "I love feeling like I did last week, because it motivates me to be better & I learn from the experience" his out look on losing is so much more mature than many here .

I just hope the haters here learned something from the game & how the Bills as a hole bounced back and played better than the game against the Jets & the Jets didn't look nearly as good as they did against the Bills . Even with that said there were only a few plays in the Jets game that if played just a bit better the game would have been a W instead of a L .

And i would be willing to bet with what the Bills learned from the mistakes they made in the FIRST GAME OF THE YEAR that the out come of the next game against the Jets will be a bit different . And the team will be better for it in the long run .

GO BILLS !! 

I will say great game, but it's one game.  Just like after week 1, talk to me at the end of the season. 

If Josh plays like "WCO" Josh ( that's what I'm calling Sundays josh) vs. "Sugar High Josh"  I am betting Dorsey magically gets better 😁

• Like (+1) 1

The game vs the Raiders was the first time that I saw what it would truly look like to have a well balanced rushing and passing attack.  It was methodical and with a purpose.

The rush attack was beautiful, hitting them with good runs up inside with a RB that can bounce it to the outside and cause some damage.   The effective ground game with the 2 TE setup chipping at their DE's along with the play action is the way.

This is the sort of offense that wins championships, I just hope that Allen can remain patient and make good decisions.

• Like (+1) 1

13 hours ago, LeGOATski said:

Not down on either, but Dorsey's offense is looking much the same as last year. Even when they score a bunch of points they still look disjointed. There's no rhythm like there was with Daboll most of the time. As long as they win games, it's not a huge deal. I think it is a play calling style, though 

You're not allowed to say that after scoring 38 points.😉  I thought the same thing and said similar in another thread and had the usual vomit, eye rolls and thumbs down emojis.

Edited by Billsfan1972
  • Eyeroll 1

I don’t think anyone should be taking any victory laps yet, but Dorsey’s game plans thus far have shown a willingness to adapt and give Josh the “easy” plays we’ve been asking for.  McD has also broken some trends with his playing of rookies and his aggressiveness.

Let’s hope it continues.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.