2024 Draft

Milanos Milano

Because it’s never to early to talk about improving the team. 

With Davis in a contract year, I don’t see how we bring him back unless he has a good year this year. He hasn’t shown me enough to think he warrants it anyways. 

Right now IMO  RT, and WR #2 are the biggest priorities. 

I want Keon Coleman and Jack Nelson (LT/RT flexibility) with the 1st 2 picks. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Eyeroll 2

6 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Too early for me to say who but tackle and receiver are the two candidates for round 1 IMO. 

But the tackle must be able to play left. And a receiver must be capable of being a #1 beyond Stef's time.

Jack Nelson can play both left and projects to play RT. 

Keon Coleman is a Moss esque receiver, so I’d say he has potential to be a number 1. 

3 minutes ago, Virgil said:

RT, C, and MLB.  Strange, I feel like I said this 5 months ago.....

I didn't specify C, but I did say 3 O-Lineman

We need a replacement for Davis. #2 WR is a priority. 

This guy can move for a big guy. Perfect fit for Allen. Can catch jump balls from Allenvre. 

Edited by Araiza Curse

13 minutes ago, Araiza Curse said:

Keon Coleman is a Moss esque receiver, so I’d say he has potential to be a number 1. 

I am not disagreeing I am just not expressing an opinion on specific names at this stage. I am aware of Nelson, less so of Coleman. But I only commit to names once I have watched guys.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, GunnerBill said:

I am not disagreeing I am just not expressing an opinion on specific names at this stage. I am aware of Nelson, less so of Coleman. But I only commit to names once I have watched guys.

I know you like the draft analysis stuff, so it’s ok take your time. I always enjoy looking for ways to get better, and that often times means through the draft. 
Coleman is a transfer from Mich St, and someone I’ve had my eye on now due to his combination of size and separation ability. His jump ball skills impress me the most, because that is exactly what Allen needs for his playing style. Someone Allenvre can lean on for his slinging tendencies. 

20 minutes ago, Araiza Curse said:

We need a replacement for Davis. #2 WR is a priority. 

This guy can move for a big guy. Perfect fit for Allen. Can catch jump balls from Allenvre. 

I don't agree it's a priority.  That belongs to oline alone.  You protect Josh he can make filet mignon with chopped liver. Josh is a qB talent that can make  wrs easily look like stars if they have some talent and don't choke in spotlight. There are plenty of players that have that potential. He made Davis look like an elite wr.  He can make others look that good too if he can stand in the pocketball day long.

And a top notch oline can allow for a ny qb to be more successful than they would be under duress.  So you are more protected if Josh misses some time if say he's benchedcduevto possible concussion.  Josh plays with reckless abandon at times so could easily get dingedcto missing part of a game. I rather have the oline to prevent that from becoming a problem.

Edited by AuntieEm

4 minutes ago, AuntieEm said:

I don't agree it's a priority.  That belongs to oline aline.  You protect Josh he can make filet mignon with chopped liver. Josh is a qB talent that can make  wrs easily look like stars if they have some talent and don't choke in spotlight. There are plenty of players that have that potential. He made Davis look like an elite wr.  He can make others look that good too if he can stand in the pocketball day long.

I’m not convinced Allen can turn crap into gold. He’s never done that yet. It wasn’t until Diggs came along that he got better. If Diggs ever is out for an extended period of time, we are in trouble. 
Allen isn’t Mahomes and Brady that can win with subpar WRs, mainly because he can’t read defenses as well as those two can. 
Allen needs a Moss type WR opposite of Diggs to where he can just sling it and let the WR go up and get it. 

Edited by Araiza Curse

3 minutes ago, Araiza Curse said:

I’m not convinced Allen can turn crap into gold. He’s never done that yet. It wasn’t until Diggs came along that he got better. If Diggs ever is out for an extended period of time, we are in trouble. 
Allen isn’t Mahomes and Brady that can win with subpar WRs, mainly because he can’t read defenses as well as those two can. 
Allen needs a Moss type WR opposite of Diggs to where he can just sling it and let the WR go up and get it. 

I'm not saying he can turn crap into gold.  I never label Davis as crap I don't think he has the same qualities as Diggs but even Knox is now considered a  decent te in nfl when he got notes in college at all. 

And without a good oline we see what happens with Allen just slinging the ball out there.   Give him protection he can be more selective where he throwsxthe ball cause he can go thru his reads more to see the best open option.

Edited by AuntieEm

1 minute ago, AuntieEm said:

I'm not saying he can turn crap into gold.  I never label Davis as crap I don't think he has the same qualities as Diggs but even Knox is now considered a  decent te in nfl when he got notes in college at all. 

Davis is crap, he will never be a #2 here. He’s healthy and still nothing. 

Just now, Back2Buff said:

After Monday night's game, Marvin Harrison Jr is well within reach

No way, because Harrison Jr is going top 3. No way we suck bad enough to land him. 

• Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, Araiza Curse said:

Davis is crap, he will never be a #2 here. He’s healthy and still nothing. 

No way, because Harrison Jr is going top 3. No way we suck bad enough to land him. 

You have something against Davis and I don't agree hevhas had good games good throws he bailed out Josh on some of his early games where he built trust with Allen that means alot.

Kinds think he is considered by this staff as the # 2 whether you like it or not.  I don't want Josh slinging the ball to a guy that out jumps dbs as his primary skillset.  I want someone Josh trusts.  He does trust  Davis whether u like it or not.  Even Diggs says Davis is a quality wr and I don't think Diggs says things if he doesn't believe it. He doesn't seem to try to  just do lip service.  

Edited by AuntieEm

4 minutes ago, AuntieEm said:

And without a good oline we see what happens with Allen just slinging the ball out there.   Give him protection he can be more selective where he throwsxthe ball cause he can go thru his reads more to see the best open option.

I don’t want to hear it. Brady always got the ball out fast, all the good QBs get it out fast. Allen is never going to be able to find the quick read. It’s why he always scrambles to buy more time for stuff to open up. He needs a solid #2 that can be a big body jump baller. 

1 minute ago, AuntieEm said:

You have something against Davis and I don't agree hevhas had good games good throws he bailed out Josh on some of his early games where he built trust with Allen that means alot.

I do have something against Davis. He stinks. He rarely helps Allen when in need, he drops to many passes to earn trust when Diggs is covered. Allen is clearly flustered. I’m not saying Oline isn’t a problem still, it is. But with the playing style that Josh has, he needs a legit #2 WR that can take over games at times. 

13 minutes ago, Araiza Curse said:

You liked the way Mahomes looked with subpar receivers Sunday?  He's not Brady either.   

Just now, uticaclub said:

After the way we played on Monday, top 3 is possible.

The Jets have the best D in the league. We almost won despite having 4 turnovers. We are more than fine.  13-4 

Just now, White Linen said:

You liked the way Mahomes looked with subpar receivers Sunday?  He's not Brady either.   

Mahomes was fine, his receivers couldn’t catch a cold. 

4 minutes ago, Araiza Curse said:

I don’t want to hear it. Brady always got the ball out fast, all the good QBs get it out fast. Allen is never going to be able to find the quick read. It’s why he always scrambles to buy more time for stuff to open up. He needs a solid #2 that can be a big body jump baller. 

I do have something against Davis. He stinks. He rarely helps Allen when in need, he drops to many passes to earn trust when Diggs is covered. Allen is clearly flustered. I’m not saying Oline isn’t a problem still, it is. But with the playing style that Josh has, he needs a legit #2 WR that can take over games at times. 

Well Diggs is a capable #1.  Why didn't he haul in that duck of a throw Josh tossed to him that ended in int #1.  I thinknitcwas  where steph tried to knock the ball to safety when he knew he couldn't haul it in.   Davis has bailed out Josh before I can think of a few  from the past  where Josh would have not gotten the job done if notvfor Davis laying out to catch the throw that was slightly off target.

4 minutes ago, Araiza Curse said:

It’s ok if we let the D regress a bit. Our prime focus should be on making Allen the best he can be to help keep the D off the field. 

So you seem to be all for Josh carrying the workload of the team.   Build up a solid  olinecabd maintain a decent defense. Current one is aging fast needs new young blood or it will collapse.  If we had a more stout defense we could even absorb more of any future Josh gaffs when he gets into a funk.  This d not so much.

1 hour ago, Virgil said:

RT, C, and MLB.  Strange, I feel like I said this 5 months ago.....

I didn't specify C, but I did say 3 O-Lineman

Center is a huuuge need. Bates is a decent C in a pinch, but we need a designated/dedicated center to replace Morse (great guy, good player, but his o line protection calls at the line might be in question)

2 hours ago, Araiza Curse said:

88% of Davis's catches were for 1st downs or TDs.

4 hours ago, Araiza Curse said:

Mahomes was fine, his receivers couldn’t catch a cold. 

Don't change the topic to suit you.  You said "Mahomes and Brady win with subpar WR's."  That isn't true of Mahomes.  Wouldn't subpar include those that,  what was it, can't catch a cold?

I accept your apology in advance. 

Edited by White Linen
  • Disagree 1

Bills are slated to have:

R1, R2, R3, R3 (Compensatory), R4, R5, R6, R6, R7

So if Beane can resist the urge to trade up, finding a quality OT, WR (really need two WRs and flush these spare parts from other teams), MLB should be possible. 

I agree with Airseven though, more overhaul of the line is needed, and the secondary has advanced age. 

Bills are also probably at a tipping point at DT and DE with Floyd on a 1-year, Epenesa in a contract year, Lawson on a 1 year, Phillps on a 1 year, Poona Ford on a 1 year and so on. 

8 hours ago, Araiza Curse said:

That’s all fine when he is available, but he isn’t available enough. He disappears way too often. Look at the Jets game, nothing. 

lol  disappears?  he played 94% of the Offense snaps.  Allen wasn't looking at anybody but a well covered Diggs all day. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.