Offense looked alot like the Bengals game. Very concerning

JerseyBills

Since 2019 this is by far the most concerned I've been about this team, specifically the O. Defense played great imo, minus 2 big runs. Even on the TD pass, Tre played great and just a fluke bounce back to Wilson. Loved the pass rush. 

But this O for now the 2nd straight game looked brutal. Mind boggling turnovers by Josh. No real groove was sustained all night. We're up 10 points and totally collapsed on o. 

Even if you want to say we played an elite d, we're supposed to be an elite o. Not sure exactly what's going on in that locker room but something isn't right. Maybe the media has gotten in Josh's head but that was totally unacceptable performance and it's now technically back to back games where 17 looked terrible. Idk if he's built for this level of fame. Again there were multiple plays he had open guys and threw a pass into coverage. It's just game but this is becoming a concerning trend,  especially the turnovers, the ints are bad but this fumbles like once a game also.. idk, just frustrated.  We should be 1-0 vs a divisional opponent and our QB cost us, not something I’ve said since 2019 and that's scary. How does this get fixed? 

1 minute ago, JerseyBills said:

Since 2019 this is by far the most concerned I've been about this team, specifically the O. Defense played great imo, minus 2 big runs. Even on the TD pass, Tre played great and just a fluke bounce back to Wilson. Loved the pass rush. 

But this O for now the 2nd straight game looked brutal. Mind boggling turnovers by Josh. No real groove was sustained all night. We're up 10 points and totally collapsed on o. 

Even if you want to say we played an elite d, we're supposed to be an elite o. Not sure exactly what's going on in that locker room but something isn't right. Maybe the media has gotten in Josh's head but that was totally unacceptable performance and it's now technically back to back games where 17 looked terrible. Idk if he's built for this level of fame. Again there were multiple plays he had open guys and threw a pass into coverage. It's just game but this is becoming a concerning trend,  especially the turnovers, the ints are bad but this fumbles like once a game also.. idk, just frustrated.  We should be 1-0 vs a divisional opponent and our QB cost us, not something I’ve said since 2019 and that's scary. How does this get fixed? 

He got hit in the head right as he dropped that ball. Not an excuse but an explanation. 

10 minutes ago, FrenchConnection said:

He got hit in the head right as he dropped that ball. Not an excuse but an explanation. 

Technically, he fumbled the ball twice on that play...he fumbled the snap, picked it up, panicked, took two steps forward into a wall of defenders, and fumbled it again.

If he didn’t fumble the snap, the second fumble likely doesn’t happen because he wouldn’t have run it up the middle like that.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

Had the most embarrassing playoff home loss in my lifetime to end the season.

To lose the season that way I expected a lil fire and heart to show from that sting.

But nope team played just as flat with no emotion besides Milano and Diggs.

The team just plays soft now and mcd might be the reason

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

1 minute ago, goldenboy81 said:

Had the most embarrassing playoff home loss in my lifetime to end the season.

To lose the season that way I expected a lil fire and heart to show from that sting.

But nope team played just as flat with no emotion besides Milano and Diggs.

The team just plays soft now and mcd might be the reason

The d played fine but this offense had no identity. They tried the 2 TE looks and looked bad , spread em out , looked bad. They have to find an identity quick

• Like (+1) 1

Offense was good in the first half.  

That’s a Dorsey issue to fall off a cliff in the 2nd half.  

The last 2 defenses we’ve played (Cincy) have neutralized Mahomes and Allen.

The overreacting to Allen specifically is ridiculous.  

The continued lack of run game and terrible in game feel by Dorsey is the biggest issue this offense has.   

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

There is a timid nature to our offense which is a bit perplexing.

The Jets D is elite, so that has to be taken into consideration. But we were kind of letting them dictate the game. We didn't take the fight to them - we didn't challenge anything they were doing, or make them adjust. 

This offense should be able to impose it's will on any team.  2 very good TE's, one of the best #1 receivers in the league, a solid RB tandem.

• Agree 1

Was just listening to Dan Orlovsky on OBL. Why is this guy not an OC somewhere? Maybe he doesn't want the workload, but this guy is super smart. He would be a major upgrade over Dorsey. He says someone has to sit Josh down, get in his face and tell him to grow up. He's not just holding his own job in his hands, he's holding everyone's job in his hands. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Jets matchup well against us on D. I think they will make a lot of teams look below average.

They played us hard 3 straight games now.

I wouldn't be overly concerned. It's week 1. A lot of stuff happens in Week 1 that doesn't matter by week 10.

Imagine what the parlay would have paid for betting the Chiefs, Bills and Bengals all being 0-1...

• Like (+1) 1

If i were building a team to compete for the Superbowl & were paying an elite talent like Josh Allen to lead our franchise, i'd pick someone who has the respect & the trackrecord to coordinate said offense. I wouldn't pick Ken Dorsey. I wouldnt take a chance on an unproven unknown. Say what you will about the reasons why he was the choice. But is he the best man for the job?

Who can make the claim that he is? His supporters/defenders point to last season, but one could argue last season was attributed to the remnants of Daboll's influence. As time goes on his influence waned & Dorsey's took over. Putting aside the play design & calls & lack of focus & execution, do the players even respect KD enough to listen when he puts them in their place? Does he even do that at all?

What track record can Dorsey point to, for that player to respect & listen to?

Problems in any organization come from the top down & i dont think its any different here. Oline remains an area of concern.

Jason Peters just got signed by Seattle. Guess they realized they needed help & did something about it. Will we? Stay tuned

• Awesome! (+1) 1

Dan Orlovsky is a smart dude and I like when another NFL QB, that has real world NFL experience,  has the confidence to call out another QB in front of a national audience.   You know what he is right.  

Josh Allen is like a spoiled kid with the keys to the car and keeps on wrecking it and then finds another shiny car in the driveway the following week.  Sooner or later he is going to have to deal with the crappy ass looking car sitting there that he just totaled,  and start admitting that he needs to change the way he drives.

Edited by Toyo321
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 3

2 hours ago, BillsUberAlles said:

Jets matchup well against us on D. I think they will make a lot of teams look below average.

They played us hard 3 straight games now.

I wouldn't be overly concerned. It's week 1. A lot of stuff happens in Week 1 that doesn't matter by week 10.

Imagine what the parlay would have paid for betting the Chiefs, Bills and Bengals all being 0-1...

Not that much. All games were slight favorites 

45 minutes ago, Unforgiven said:

Maybe he listened too much to WFAN calling the jets defense the 85 bears D for the last two months

Was just listening for 20 min on my ride home. Evan and Tiki and Beningo , whose brother ripped me off a 5000 dollar car were on there acting like it was the SB and they'll win the division 

Thank God we get redemption in Orchard Park. They ain't coming there and beating us

3 hours ago, Special K said:

Technically, he fumbled the ball twice on that play...he fumbled the snap, picked it up, panicked, took two steps forward into a wall of defenders, and fumbled it again.

If he didn’t fumble the snap, the second fumble likely doesn’t happen because he wouldn’t have run it up the middle like that.

And he didn’t have to do anything with it but fall down. Maintaining possession was more important than a silly rushing attempt into those defenders. Just a stupid play 

• Agree 1

3 hours ago, JerseyBills said:

For every little wrinkle that Dorsey drew up (Shakir motioning at the snap, Harty end around, 4 wide-spread) most of the game was the same old static formations, Diggs out wide, Davis playing 99% of snaps, and one of Knox or Kincaid in the slot. 

No Shakir. 

5 minutes ago, Mikie2times said:

The Jets used it after Green Bay last year. We knew exactly what to expect with an entire offseason to plan for it and couldn't execute. 

Allen imploded. All we needed to do was not turn the ball over up 7 late in the 3rd and Allen imploded. The loss is solely on Allen. 

• Agree 1

4 minutes ago, Straight Hucklebuck said:

For every little wrinkle that Dorsey drew up (Shakir motioning at the snap, Harty end around, 4 wide-spread) most of the game was the same old static formations, Diggs out wide, Davis playing 99% of snaps, and one of Knox or Kincaid in the slot. 

No Shakir. 

Good point. 

It looked to me like they had no identity. We need to find 1 quick. Idk if these 2 TE sets are going to work. We shall see

But last year Allen was benched by the 4th qtr  because we obliterated teams 

3 hours ago, Big Blitz said:

It is absolutely NOT.

The QB failed to execute even on basic short passes in the second half with open receivers. Look on twitter, you'll see the evidence even WITHOUT coaches film

1 hour ago, Boatdrinks said:

They’ve  got  superior personnel to most teams defenses. Didn’t look much different than last years contests vs Jets. Easier said than done. 

I understand all that. I’m just saying we’ve been seeing a steady diet of Cover 2 zone looks since we played them in NY last year. Of course the key is a superior front four that can bring pressure and the Jets can legitimately roll eight D linemen that can do that. 

6 hours ago, Big Blitz said:

Offense was good in the first half.  

The last 2 defenses we’ve played (Cincy) have neutralized Mahomes and Allen.

The overreacting to Allen specifically is ridiculous.  

The continued lack of run game and terrible in game feel by Dorsey is the biggest issue this offense has.   

there is truth to this.  But I think it’s crazy to give Josh a pass.  Josh is as big as problem as Dorsey is, if not more

24 minutes ago, JohnNord said:

there is truth to this.  But I think it’s crazy to give Josh a pass.  Josh is as big as problem as Dorsey is, if not more

I’m not giving him a pass tho.  He needs to cut the stupid - this honestly goes back to the Minnesota fumble.

But I’m going to put responsibility for him on McD and Dorsey.  He should still be ascending and evolving instead we are stagnant and exhibit the same potential flaws as last year.  

22 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

I’m not giving him a pass tho.  He needs to cut the stupid - this honestly goes back to the Minnesota fumble.

But I’m going to put responsibility for him on McD and Dorsey.  He should still be ascending and evolving instead we are stagnant and exhibit the same potential flaws as last year.  

I don’t know, they can only do so much.  Watch some of the open players that Josh bypassed to throw into coverage or the times he took off before the pressure got there.  

Once the whistle blow, it’s out of their hands.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.