Terry Pegula is ALLEGED to have said something very foul in the Jim Trotter lawsuit against the NFL

Roundybout

3 minutes ago, Beast said:

I don’t know if he said it or not but unless this was recorded or multiple people say they heard Pegula say it, I‘m siding with Terry.

Do you know he’s telling the truth?

Just read an article that says Trotter heard it from another person who was on a zoom call with Pegula and others. Apparently the NFL investigation said the people at the meeting didn’t hear Pegula say it.

Edited by Buffalo_Stampede
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

Not a very forgiving bunch here.   

Y'all really want to bankrupt this man and ruin his livelyhood over one off very insensitive/racist comment he made?  I reckon most here are under 70 years of age but people of older generations have different thought processes.   If he did say this he likely doesn't even realize he was making a racist statement.   If he had a history of making these kinds of comments or other sorts of racial discrimination in how he ran his business then that's one thing but by all accounts he's lived the opposite of that.   

I see violent criminals get less harsh backlash/treatment than an old man making an insensitive comment.   Give him a chance to apologize and learn from this mistake.  

• Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 2

Just now, Lost said:

Y'all really want to bankrupt this man and ruin his livelyhood over one off very insensitive/racist comment he made?  I reckon most here are under 70 years of age but people of older generations have different thought processes.   If he did say this he likely doesn't even realize he was making a racist statement.   If he had a history of making these kinds of comments or other sorts of racial discrimination in how he ran his business then that's one thing but by all accounts he's lived the opposite of that.   

I see violent criminals get less harsh backlash/treatment than an old man making an insensitive comment.   Give him a chance to apologize and learn from this mistake.  

So far there is no proof he even said it

22 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

In a league where I believe 75% of the players are black, it’s a different balance. 

let’s not act like all these executives and coaches have worked their way up the system on their own. They have buddies or dads who give them their start.   There is definitely have a problem with minority representation at the higher levels. 

Personally, I think nepotism and cronyism is the main reasons but where in the world does 75% of the population get such low representation?

Come on, Biscuit.  Player and coach/management are very different skill-sets.  There's a reason that Rob Gronkowski isn't the GM of the Patriots.  And that grads of prestige academic institutions are overrepresented in GM and other analytical sports management positions, and underrepresented on the actual field of play.  

I agree that nepotism is bad and guys like Nate Hackett and Lane Kiffin have clearly benefited.  And there are likely still systemic roadblocks in the way of minority applicants moving up the NFL management chain. But the NFL has made diversity in hiring a priority, and that 25% number is evidence of it.

• Like (+1) 3

1 hour ago, Mr. WEO said:

So you're saying a white guy who marries an Asian woman cannot be prejudiced and hold racist thoughts towards blacks?

No I would never say that because I know that there will be white guys who maybe only hold racist views against blacks.  

I also could see the  alleged  statement made to this 3rd party as actually being something like this possibly....q.

Well if the players are so concerned about how they are treated perhaps they should visit Africa and see how Black's are treated there.  And as it was in a conversation about BLM so the players of any race supporting the kneeling political protesting on the football field should perhaps go see how conditions are in another part of the world as a comparison.  

Edited by AuntieEm
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Sad 1

5 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Just read an article that says Trotter heard it from another person who was on a zoom call with Pegula and others. Apparently the NFL investigation said the people at the meeting didn’t hear Pegula say it.

Case closed.

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, Motorin' said:

When has a reporter ever lied, or gotten the facts wrong when relaying a second hand account? 

Let's go to the phones, we have Jussie S. calling in from Chicago. 

Hi, thanks for taking my call. 1st time caller, long time listener

• Haha (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, Lost said:

Exactly!  Shoutout to the over 70 casual racists here!!  woooooooooo dawwg!  It's our thought process!!

Anyway, it's not clear how Pegula could be made "bankrupt" over this.  He's not party to the suit.  

• Haha (+1) 2

6 minutes ago, TheBrownBear said:

Come on, Biscuit.  Player and coach/management are very different skill-sets.  There's a reason that Rob Gronkowski isn't the GM of the Patriots.  And that grads of prestige academic institutions are overrepresented in GM and other analytical sports management positions, and underrepresented on the actual field of play.  

I agree that nepotism is bad and guys like Nate Hackett and Lane Kiffin have clearly benefited.  And there are likely still systemic roadblocks in the way of minority applicants moving up the NFL management chain. But the NFL has made diversity in hiring a priority, and that 25% number is evidence of it.

What is the different skill set? Was it the skill set that people used to think blacks weren’t smart enough to be quarterbacks? Not saying you’re saying this but just making the point.

Some of the best current GMs are black. Tomlin is considered one of the best coaches. I think that nerd from Miami is something.  

this is a different issue so I apologize for sidetracking.

and Gronk, the moron, could easily get a nfl gig if he wanted to. 

Edited by C.Biscuit97

14 minutes ago, WEATHER DOT COM said:

Do Bills fans 100% in Terry's corner feel the same way about Trotter's comments toward Jerry Jones? They're all bull####?

The guy is a well-respected reporter. Not sure what his incentive is to lie. 

Such a respected reporter that he didnt report it. He just named it in a lawsuit 3 years later.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

13 minutes ago, WEATHER DOT COM said:

Do Bills fans 100% in Terry's corner feel the same way about Trotter's comments toward Jerry Jones? They're all bull####?

The guy is a well-respected reporter. Not sure what his incentive is to lie. 

But he’s not claiming Pegula said this to him. The lawsuit claims some other unidentified reporter claimed that Pegula said it to him/her and that unidentified reporter repeated it to Trotter.

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, WEATHER DOT COM said:

I don't know either way.

I certainly don't believe Terry is the saint some think he is.

The amount of criticism he is receiving and the lack of criticism Jerry Jones is receiving is odd. 

The amount of criticism from who?

Also, are you a “saint”? If not does that make you a racist?

Edited by Beast

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.