Tre White

Dillenger4

4 hours ago, billsfan_34 said:

Tre was abysmal last night

This is BS and proves 90% of this board has no idea what they’re watching when it comes to CB play. Expecting White to make a 1 on 1 tackle w/ Breece Hall with no one in the 2nd level to clean up is insanity and then to blame him for the ONE freak bobbled TD allowed all game is even crazier. This loss is on Josh Allen. Time to move on. We lost to the Steelers opening week a couple seasons ago and that team was pathetic. At least the Jets are a worthy opponent. This isn’t the AFC East of the old where we had 4-5 free wins every season. How will Josh Allen bounce back ? That’s the more important question. 

• Eyeroll 2
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

Just now, ChronicAndKnuckles said:

This loss is on Josh Allen

Josh Allen did not win the game. 

But he and the offense gave the team a chance to win in overtime. 

Then Dorsey's bad play calling and McDermott's beloved special teams lost the game. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Chaos said:

Josh Allen did not win the game. 

But he and the offense gave the team a chance to win in overtime. 

Then Dorsey's bad play calling and McDermott's beloved special teams lost the game. 

Dorsey can call whatever play he wants. If Allen can’t execute then what is he supposed to do? At least Dorsey got the run game firing a little bit to take some pressure off of him. This wasn’t a case of his supporting cast failing him. 

16 minutes ago, Dr.Sack said:

I’m surprised Elam isn’t rotated in. At least he makes plays when he’s out in the game.

Anyone who is surprised that Elam isn't playing needs to watch the first drive of the second half in the Pittsburgh preseason game.  Elam allowed 4 or 5 completions including a TD, got flagged for PI, and fell over backwards after being barely pushed by a WR blocking on a running play.

4 minutes ago, ChronicAndKnuckles said:

Dorsey can call whatever play he wants. If Allen can’t execute then what is he supposed to do? At least Dorsey got the run game firing a little bit to take some pressure off of him. This wasn’t a case of his supporting cast failing him. 

Allen executed the draw perfectly.  That was the inane play call at second and 15.  Hope that clears things up for you. 

4 hours ago, Doc said:

On the TD he got his hand on the ball but Wilson made an absolutely incredible play to snag it.  

He knocked the ball down about as successfully as the hail Murray.  Unfortunately Tre has not been the same since the acl.  Who knows if he'll ever return to pro bowl level?  It just felt like Poyer, Hyde and White were so slow last night.

38 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

He knocked the ball down about as successfully as the hail Murray.  Unfortunately Tre has not been the same since the acl.  Who knows if he'll ever return to pro bowl level?  It just felt like Poyer, Hyde and White were so slow last night.

Well, results wise. But c'mon, that was perfectly defended and a Wilson made a circus catch that will make highlight reels for years to come.

I was very impressed with his coverage last night. He looked to finally be back to pre-injury form, although he may have shied away from contact a bit on tackling?

5 hours ago, Dillenger4 said:

OK - Last night sucked. Full stop. Bad play calling, Josh playing like sugar-rush-Josh. But can we please discuss the Tre White comedy act?

He cost us this game just as much as Josh.

On the long Breece Hall run from their 3 yard line... Tre came in and whiffed. Absolutely missed on the tackle. Boom - 3 points for the Jets.

Third and long,Bills up 13-3. Tre, again, whiffed on the tackle behind the line. First down. Eventual FG.

Jets TD to tie the game - Tre 1-on-1. BURNED like always.

The dude is the weakest link on a very good D. I know you all love him... "Pro bowler blah blah". He is weak and plays like a civ. Teams will attack him. 

How many of these examples happened after Josh turned the Ball over? Asking for a friend. 

Replay shows that Wilson tipped the ball to himself, Tre did not actually deflect that ball.  So let's be clear, Tre did not actually knock that ball away and then suddenly land with Wilson.  BUT, that is not to disparage Tre, I don't know how he can defend that play any better without committing PI, it was excellent coverage.  That is to highlight just how sensational of a play that really was from Wilson.  

I thought Tre actually played a pretty good game.  Corners are not known for tackling, and the 2 long runs were on a lot more players other than Tre.  But in pass defense, his primary responsibility, he looked a lot more like his old self than he did last year.  

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

Well, results wise. But c'mon, that was perfectly defended and a Wilson made a circus catch that will make highlight reels for years to come.

I was very impressed with his coverage last night. He looked to finally be back to pre-injury form, although he may have shied away from contact a bit on tackling?

That is what I saw as well, Trey was really good in coverage. The corner backs covered really well, yes the missed tackles were a bummer but overall they played solid. But it wouldn't be right if anyone and everyone on this team were to be blamed for last night. This is just how this message board operates lately.

Tre White played well. He missed some tackles, but he has always been a suspect tackler. Ultimately you don't want your star CB to have to make a bunch of tackles. He is payed to cover, and he did that well outside of the one fluke, insane TD catch that he did his job and disrupted. He was in excellent coverage on that play.

He is the LEAST of our problems.

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Dillenger4 said:

OK - Last night sucked. Full stop. Bad play calling, Josh playing like sugar-rush-Josh. But can we please discuss the Tre White comedy act?

He cost us this game just as much as Josh.

On the long Breece Hall run from their 3 yard line... Tre came in and whiffed. Absolutely missed on the tackle. Boom - 3 points for the Jets.

Third and long,Bills up 13-3. Tre, again, whiffed on the tackle behind the line. First down. Eventual FG.

Jets TD to tie the game - Tre 1-on-1. BURNED like always.

The dude is the weakest link on a very good D. I know you all love him... "Pro bowler blah blah". He is weak and plays like a civ. Teams will attack him. 

Tre was bad in run support last night (coverage was just fine), but "All Pro Po" was beyond abysmal.  Slow, poor tacking, bad angles in pursuit - we're seeing why he re-signed here this past off-season, with his tail tucked between his legs.

Edited by Bermuda Triangle
  • Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Replay shows that Wilson tipped the ball to himself, Tre did not actually deflect that ball.  So let's be clear, Tre did not actually knock that ball away and then suddenly land with Wilson.  BUT, that is not to disparage Tre, I don't know how he can defend that play any better without committing PI, it was excellent coverage.  That is to highlight just how sensational of a play that really was from Wilson.  

I thought Tre actually played a pretty good game.  Corners are not known for tackling, and the 2 long runs were on a lot more players other than Tre.  But in pass defense, his primary responsibility, he looked a lot more like his old self than he did last year.  

I'm pretty sure he got his left hand on it initially while he was dragging Wilson down with his right.

16 minutes ago, Simon said:

I'm pretty sure he got his left hand on it initially while he was dragging Wilson down with his right.

I thought so too, but then they showed the other angle and Tre never touches the ball, Wilson literally hits it himself and tips it to himself.  I mean it was an incredible play by Wilson on a corner who had him blanketed with great coverage.  Like I said before, I don't see how Tre can play that any better without committing PI, can't fault him for that.  Wilson just made one of those unbelievable plays that did just enough to counter the great coverage.  

Here is the replay...when you get to 22 seconds, you see the angle that clearly shows Tre never touches the ball and that Wilson tips the ball himself to keep it away from Tre as it was in the wrong spot, but then the ball ends up where Wilson keeps his concentration and is able to still catch it too.  Just an incredible all around play from the young WR to bail out his QB who didn't put the ball in a great place on that throw.  

https://www.espn.com.sg/video/clip?id=38382744

1 hour ago, ChronicAndKnuckles said:

This is BS and proves 90% of this board has no idea what they’re watching when it comes to CB play. Expecting White to make a 1 on 1 tackle w/ Breece Hall with no one in the 2nd level to clean up is insanity and then to blame him for the ONE freak bobbled TD allowed all game is even crazier. This loss is on Josh Allen. Time to move on. We lost to the Steelers opening week a couple seasons ago and that team was pathetic. At least the Jets are a worthy opponent. This isn’t the AFC East of the old where we had 4-5 free wins every season. How will Josh Allen bounce back ? That’s the more important question. 

I played CB - and the majority of the time I made the tackle wether in space or shooting the gaps. Lets not stereotype- go Bills 

• Haha (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

I thought so too, but then they showed the other angle and Tre never touches the ball, Wilson literally hits it himself and tips it to himself.  I mean it was an incredible play by Wilson on a corner who had him blanketed with great coverage.  Like I said before, I don't see how Tre can play that any better without committing PI, can't fault him for that.  Wilson just made one of those unbelievable plays that did just enough to counter the great coverage.  

Here is the replay...when you get to 22 seconds, you see the angle that clearly shows Tre never touches the ball and that Wilson tips the ball himself to keep it away from Tre as it was in the wrong spot, but then the ball ends up where Wilson keeps his concentration and is able to still catch it too.  Just an incredible all around play from the young WR to bail out his QB who didn't put the ball in a great place on that throw.  

https://www.espn.com.sg/video/clip?id=38382744

I can actually see his thumb bend backwards when it hits the ball.

Doesn't really matter, though.

Good coverage, incredible concentration and reflexes from Wilson on a rather fortunate bounce.

• Agree 2

1 minute ago, billsfan_34 said:

I played CB - and the majority of the time I made the tackle wether in space or shooting the gaps. Lets not stereotype- go Bills 

And were you playing in the NFL at the time? Because if not then you making tackles and Trey trying to make tackles in the NFL are not the same here bud.

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, BillzFreak said:

And were you playing in the NFL at the time? Because if not then you making tackles and Trey trying to make tackles in the NFL are not the same here bud.

Its more about the notion that folks don’t understand positions; in this case the CB position. Im not here to argue - my opinion is Tre was soft and tackles poorly. Take care

6 minutes ago, Simon said:

I can actually see his thumb bend backwards when it hits the ball.

Doesn't really matter, though.

Good coverage, incredible concentration and reflexes from Wilson on a rather fortunate bounce.

We are on same page on the coverage for sure...and yeah definitely doesn't matter by any means here, just some convo.  Not clear what he is bending his thumb on, but it comes after Wilson deflects the ball as Tre's hand is about a foot away from the ball in front of his face mask not yet extended when Wilson has his whole hand on the ball to tip it away from Tre and his tight coverage.  If you pause it at 22 seconds you can see Wilsons entire hand on the ball while Tre's elbow is still bent and not yet extended.  

All good either way, the point was the same for both of us...excellent coverage by Tre countered by an incredible play by Wilson.  Can't fault Tre at all for this, especially since Wilson's first move was to prevent Tre from getting his hands on it and then just got a lucky break that it deflected to a spot he could still make the catch.  

2 hours ago, Peter said:

T. White just has not been the same since he got hurt.

As I mentioned in another post, McCoach better hope that Josh plays like we know he can and that this is not a new normal . . . otherwise McCoach forever will be known as the guy who outsmarted himself by trading the right to select Mahomes in the draft.

As an aside, I am more confident about Josh returning to form than I am Tre. I hope they both can though.

well said. Josh will be back. It's one game.. the line will gell. But Tre, that is just pure lack of toughness and talent. Injury or no injury he has always been a wimp.

That pass to tie the game last night he was out of position behind the receiver. Didn't touch the ball at ALL like some say he did. It was  agreat catch but it should have been an easy incompletion or pick.

14 minutes ago, billsfan_34 said:

Its more about the notion that folks don’t understand positions; in this case the CB position. Im not here to argue - my opinion is Tre was soft and tackles poorly. Take care

If anyone was to make a list of the best CB's in NFL history, Deion Sanders would get plenty of votes.  He was allergic to tackling, as were a lot of the best CB's since.  Tre, in coverage, played pretty good last night.  I am not too concerned about the tackle opportunities on a run or two where the real breakdown happened before the RB got to Tre's level in the first place.  

Honestly, I am not even worried about the run defense...outside those 2 Hall runs, Jets averaged like 2 yards a carry on all other attempts.  

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Doc said:

On the TD he got his hand on the ball but Wilson made an absolutely incredible play to snag it.  

Was more flukey than incredible imo. Tre had great coverage,  knocked the ball away and just happened to fall in Wilsons lap , who was literally sitting down. 

Just a fluke play. They happen...

6 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

If anyone was to make a list of the best CB's in NFL history, Deion Sanders would get plenty of votes.  He was allergic to tackling, as were a lot of the best CB's since.  Tre, in coverage, played pretty good last night.  I am not too concerned about the tackle opportunities on a run or two where the real breakdown happened before the RB got to Tre's level in the first place.  

Honestly, I am not even worried about the run defense...outside those 2 Hall runs, Jets averaged like 2 yards a carry on all other attempts.  

One of Halls runs was a monster netted of a Tre whiff. I do agree, D played great overall and was not the problem. You can’t win turning it over 4 times.

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, billsfan_34 said:

You’re comparing yourself to Tre White? The NFL is in an entirely different stratosphere than whatever level your playing days were at. We would all love an Antoine Winfield kind of CB that makes jarring hits in the backfield, but that’s just not Tre Whites game. 

Edited by ChronicAndKnuckles

9 hours ago, peterpan said:

Look at the DL pre snap on this play.  They were totally out of alignment.  The DE needed to widen out two gaps to be in a proper position, but didn’t.  The OL was able to down block and collapse the entire DL out of the whole with an extra two blockers free.  The LBs were swamped out of position too.

Tre could have made a very tough tackle coming down from his CB spot but, that play was hardly his fault.   

It’s true. He was a symptom, not the illness on that play 

As fans we can quibble all day about Tre and his status post injury…but…what’s glaringly obvious is that the entire secondary (which was considered a real strength just a year or two ago) is now filled with questions. Tre is coming off an injury. Elam can’t find the field. Poyer and Hyde look old and disinterested. Makes you appreciate the juggling act that is an NFL roster. The parts are always moving. 

17 minutes ago, ChronicAndKnuckles said:

You’re comparing yourself to Tre White? The NFL is in an entirely different stratosphere than whatever level your playing days were at. We would all love an Antoine Winfield kind of CB that makes jarring hits in the backfield, but that’s just not Tre Whites game. 

Lol nooooo please read. I will say it again; I understand the CB positions. Yes, Tre is not Antoine, but the dude cant tackle a dummy. A corners primary role is to cover - we all know that. They also have to posess the ability to help in run support. 

Edited by billsfan_34
Misspellu

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.