Rodgers out for the year (UPDATE: Rodgers wants to return for playoffs)

chongli

7 minutes ago, BobBelcher said:

I have to admit, as ***** as tonight was, wouldn't you much rather be the Bills right about now, than the Jets?

The Jets won today, but Super Bowl aspirations are completely shot, maybe even playoff aspirations.

We looked atrocious and Allen lost the game by himself, but both of his WORST games statistically last season were against the Jets as well, so is it really anything new?  

For the season yea but it will take people awhile to get to that point on the bills side and I don’t blame them 

took an awful lot for the jets to win this one and the bills played absolutely awful 

11 minutes ago, BillsfaninChicago said:

Great now for the next forever we are going to see that clip from the game on perpetual repeat and be reminded about losing to the guy that looks like the fat kid from The Sandlot.

Actually, this is going to be the play they show over and over this year. Sigh...

• Like (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, stinky finger said:

You think they can’t beat us again in Buffalo?

Probably not…im expecting it will go down kind of the same as last year.  The first matchups were eerily similar games.  Bills were up 14-3 late in the second quarter in the last one and just sleptwalk through the rest of the game

the bills were garbage but the jets needed a ton of breaks to win still despite that 

edit: would love to know what part of this isn’t true.  The jets ot win took:

a fumbled snap

3 ints

a once in a lifetime catch by wilson

a questionable opi call on the final drive in regulation 

a blatant trip on a punt return td

People can be as negative as they want about the bills chances and that’s totally cool, I just very much doubt the Zach Wilson jets win in buffalo. Bills will most likely win a one score game.  They might lose every other game lol but I feel very confident in that one 

Edited by Generic_Bills_Fan
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Dislike 1

1 minute ago, TheFunPolice said:

Yeah, I felt like he looked old and frail but maybe that's because we're used to watching Allen who is built like a LB. 

I said the same thing…for awhile I thought he just didn’t look right in a jets jersey but he honestly looked sickly or something I can’t really put my finger on it 

1 minute ago, John from Riverside said:

This was a bitter sweet game for the Jets. Yes they won, but their season is over.

Their everything is over. They'll still compete due to that defense, but in the modern NFL their SB window slammed shut as soon as it opened. They beat us tonight ut Zach Wilson is not beating Mahomes or Burrow in the playoffs. The Dolphins and Bills just got a huge gift. 

17 minutes ago, TampaBillsJunkie said:

I feel bad that Rodgers career ends like this.  Yeah, he's made millions, but the greats love to go out on their own terms and this is a ***** way to end a career. 

Yeah, it was kind of a fun story … can he finally get the Jets over the hump. Would have been interesting to watch it play out. Now he’s just another guy who didn’t know when to walk away. 

• Agree 1

4 minutes ago, FrenchConnection said:

There everything is over. They'll still compete due to that defense, but in the modern NFL their SB window slammed shut as soon as it opened. They beat us tonight ut Zach Wilson is not beating Mahomes or Burrow in the playoffs. The Dolphins and Bills just got a huge gift. 

I mean yes, this was miserable. But imagine sobering up and realizing that an entire offseason of hope along with building a team around a specific short window of time was essentially ruined in a minute. It sucked to be a Bills fan tonight, but it’s got to be worse to be a Jets fan. This will likely set them back another 10 years.

Edited by Mikie2times
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, John from Riverside said:

We’ve been pretty good at home against them

We have for the most part, but suggesting that there is no reason to believe they can beat us an hour after they just beat us is a little wacky, imo.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.