Random talking head says something about the Bills

Simon

On 5/20/2024 at 9:24 PM, thenorthremembers said:

Watched football for over 30 years now, and I've found the teams with great quarterbacks seem to do just fine.   I am not sure the Chiefs had a true #1 wideout last year and they won a championship.  

As far as our WR group goes I'd argue that NE, Chargers, Green Bay, Atlanta, NO, and Arizona all have less or similar talent as the Bills.     The only spot I worry about being deficient at is QB. 

It helps having a winning culture, and a head coach who is among the better defensive coaches in football.  Even losing a lot of snaps and leaders on that side of the ball, I'm fairly confident that the defense will still be good.  

On 5/20/2024 at 1:23 PM, Mat68 said:

Vegas has been more optimistic about Allen and the team since 2020 than the majority of the fan base.  The best qb in the AFC east is Allen by a wide margin. 

The demise of the Bills has been greatly exaggerated 

• Like (+1) 1

On 5/20/2024 at 8:24 PM, thenorthremembers said:

Watched football for over 30 years now, and I've found the teams with great quarterbacks seem to do just fine.   I am not sure the Chiefs had a true #1 wideout last year and they won a championship.  

As far as our WR group goes I'd argue that NE, Chargers, Green Bay, Atlanta, NO, and Arizona all have less or similar talent as the Bills.     The only spot I worry about being deficient at is QB. 

The Chiefs had the WORST WR room in the NFL last year and the year before as well. They made it work by running the ball more and taking what the defense gave them, plus they have an elite TE to catch passes.

• Agree 1

• 2 weeks later...

Just wanted to leave this here for posterity. Dude has spent half a decade criticizing him, but has slowly & quietly ranked him higher & higher every year.

Not that it matters, I just want to leave this as proof he's accepted defeat in this matter. 

Funnily enough, it's Ravens fans now mad at him. He left Lamar out of his top 5 (and has Stafford ahead of him too) 🤣

• Haha (+1) 1

Just now, Nephilim17 said:

If some didn't get that before.

They clearly don't. All this tells me is that we need a new "Random Talking Heads" thread for 2024.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

Apparently if Nick Wright is mentioned, the thread gets merged into this one.

All the other threads get to stay though, it's only Nick Wright that gets moved 😆

Topics on the board now:

- "Matt Parrino - "Claypool has been the most consistent WR during OTAs"

- "Joe Marino talks what the Bills have to do to beat KC in playoffs"

- Dan Orlovsky: Bills offensive weapons are top five in the AFC, too many are sleeping on this team"

But title something with Nick Wright, and straight to the "Random Talking Heads" thread ya go! I'm not annoyed... YOU'RE ANNOYED.

1 hour ago, transplantbillsfan said:

Haven't listened yet, but I would guess there are several backhanded compliments in his explanation for Allen at #2

Nope, shockingly he glosses right over it.

It was only a small clip from a larger interview, but it's making the rounds now because he says pretty concretely that Lamar isn't a top 5 QB.

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Wright has known for years that Allen is the threat closest to knocking Mahomes from the top, evidenced by Allen’s performance against KC for his career, it’s the reason he’s sh*t on him year after year.

This reversal tells me that he’s expecting Allen to struggle with the retooling and thus he’s not a threat to his boy.

10 minutes ago, BigDingus said:

Apparently if Nick Wright is mentioned, the thread gets merged into this one.

All the other threads get to stay though, it's only Nick Wright that gets moved 😆

Topics on the board now:

- "Matt Parrino - "Claypool has been the most consistent WR during OTAs"

- "Joe Marino talks what the Bills have to do to beat KC in playoffs"

- Dan Orlovsky: Bills offensive weapons are top five in the AFC, too many are sleeping on this team"

But title something with Nick Wright, and straight to the "Random Talking Heads" thread ya go! I'm not annoyed... YOU'RE ANNOYED.

He's a self-promoting Twitter troll that doesn't even approach the standard of quality of this forum.

If you want to help promote his career, please feel free to do so elsewhere.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 3

Why don't we just start a dedicated Nick Wright thread. Good or bad he's always going to be the national Bills antagonist.  He got the top 3 right and yes Lamar is incredibly overrated and overhyped if for no other reason than his yearly playoff failures. 

• Like (+1) 2

10 hours ago, strive_for_five_guy said:

Caleb Williams #5 already???

Same thought. Mahomes 1 - check. Allen -2 cool, happy with the respect! Burrow - 3 sure, if healthy. Stroud - 4 sure looked it in his one season so maybe a bit early, but okay. Caleb Williams - 5 Monther ****er, this guy’s an idiot!

On 10/24/2023 at 8:18 AM, vtnatefootball11 said:

Completely disagree with this take. McD is less of a smart guy and more of a hard worker.  He's not going to be tinkering with the offense because he has no background in offense and would be in way over his head. And actually, we are lacking in offensive weapons.  Outside of Diggs, we have nobody that d coordinators worry about. Kincaid is coming along and Cook has some nice pieces to his game but we absolutely need another weapon at #2 WR.  

Way over his head?   

DC's have to be experts in offensive schemes.  How can you stop an offense if you don't understand it?  And who is better equipped to scheme against a defense than a defensive expert?   I think it's safe to say that McD knows more about NFL offenses than 99.9999 of the people on the planet.  

Put me in charge of an NFL offense and I'll be in way over my head.  McD is not in over his head.

Bill Belichick, former DC, tinkered with the Pats offense all the time.  On the whole, it worked out okay for him.