Best Fall Movies?

BillsPride12

1 hour ago, BillsPride12 said:

This one is tougher than Summer but there's a few movies that stick out for me that really bring out the Fall atmosphere.

Halloween(original)

Hocus Pocus

Mean Girls

What else?

Nice topic! This is tricky.  

I can’t really think of many movies that really epitomize Fall. The one that comes to mind is “when harry met sally” with all the Fall scenes in Central Park. But I don’t love that movie. 

A lot of sports movies set in Fall— like Rudy— I feel are more “sports” movies rather than bringing out the season. 

• Like (+1) 2

57 minutes ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

Nice topic! This is tricky.  

I can’t really think of many movies that really epitomize Fall. The one that comes to mind is “when harry met sally” with all the Fall scenes in Central Park. But I don’t love that movie. 

A lot of sports movies set in Fall— like Rudy— I feel are more “sports” movies rather than bringing out the season. 

I agree, I'm not sure how many good choices are out there for this one.  I think it's easier to do Summer(we've done that topic before) and Winter.  I love Fall and it's my second favorite time of the year after Summer but there's really not a ton of movies that epitomize the feeling of Fall.

Agree with the commentary on Rudy and other sports movies, they don't really feel like Fall.  Similar with Halloween movies but I do think the original Halloween and Hocus Pocus evoke the Fall spirit for me at least

• Agree 1

3 hours ago, BillsPride12 said:

This one is tougher than Summer but there's a few movies that stick out for me that really bring out the Fall atmosphere.

Halloween(original)

Hocus Pocus

Mean Girls

What else?

One of my favorite movies primarily because it had the very very young Jennifer Connelly in it.  But it does remind me of innocence and it does have a fall like atmosphere to it.  Leaves changing on the trees in the background 

The house Jennifer lived in in the movie I drive past it’s in Montclair, New Jersey.  Also cool to see Shea Stadium make a cameo in it.

But um just don’t take my man card away now 😊

38 minutes ago, Another Fan said:

One of my favorite movies primarily because it had the very very young Jennifer Connelly in it.  But it does remind me of innocence and it does have a fall like atmosphere to it.  Leaves changing on the trees in the background 

The house Jennifer lived in in the movie I drive past it’s in Montclair, New Jersey.  Also cool to see Shea Stadium make a cameo in it.

But um just don’t take my man card away now 😊

I've never seen this movie and it was sounding intriguing until your last sentence LOL....too much of a chick flick?  I mean I had Mean Girls on my list haha

While it's not a movie that has the mood of Fall per say, I would say Rocky

The first fight with Spider Rico took place on Thanksgiving in the movie I believe.  If you look at that clip of Rocky running the weather outside seems Fallish as well as when he runs up the steps.  Rocky has on long sleeves and sweatpants but you see no ice or snow on the ground.  Also, the lakes or water he ran by haven't iced up yet.  

And oh yeah this is the same focus I expect from Josh and crew Monday night after watching that 😁

Edited by Another Fan

watched this last nite.  dire at the beginning.  Totally cool for the rest.  Still thinking about it.  great actors and acting.  period piece.  BBC production...

https://www.amazon.com/gp/video/detail/amzn1.dv.gti.9cb35635-e889-4f11-88f9-9e99bff97cb9?autoplay=0&ref_=atv_cf_strg_wb

Edited by Joe Ferguson forever

On 9/5/2023 at 4:45 PM, Bills4everNY said:

Planes, Trains and Automobiles.

The first one that came to my mind. 

On 9/5/2023 at 6:26 PM, BillsPride12 said:

One of my favorite movies ever but I would categorize it under a Winter movie

image.png

It takes place in November which is Autumn on the calendar. 

• Agree 2

On 9/5/2023 at 8:53 AM, Just Jack said:

There was one similar to this where the "star" was going  back to  her family's maple syrup  business  to plan her wedding.  People who wrote it were never in NE and it checked every  stupid box.  Going up to Vermont  and it's syrup season.  One .its warm (light sweaters), two the trees have mostly green leaves- maple syrup flow in the spring when it starts warming up.  She works as a party planner in NYC, has a gay  black  boss, her fiancé is black, the minister is black, and her bridesmaids are  the whole spectrum of nationalities ab the mai of honor is overweight. I think Vermont is the whitest state in the country.

there are a bunch of Christmas Hallmark movies all directed bt the same guy. Five. I believe. All use EastAurora as the small romantic town and all include Vidler's.

Edited by Wacka

9 minutes ago, Wacka said:

There was one similar to this where the "star" was going  back to  her family's maple syrup  business  to plan her wedding.  People who wrote it were never in NE and it checked every  stupid box.  Going up to Vermont  and it's syrup season.  One .its warm (light sweaters), two the trees have mostly green leaves- maple syrup flow in the spring when it starts warming up.  She works as a party planner in NYC, has a gay  black  boss, her fiancé is black, the minister is black, and her bridesmaids are  the whole spectrum of nationalities ab the mai of honor is overweight. I think Vermont is the whitest state in the country.

there are a bunch of Christmas Hallmark movies all directed bt the same guy. Five. I believe. All use EastAurora as the small romantic town and all include Vidler's.

Those Hallmark movies are all a dime a dozen

Some people mentioned When Harry Met Sally....the Fall scenes are beautiful but only a blip in the movie.  The movie also takes place during Summer, Winter/New Year's...I have a hard time classifying it as a Fall movie 

24 minutes ago, BillsPride12 said:

Those Hallmark movies are all a dime a dozen

Some people mentioned When Harry Met Sally....the Fall scenes are beautiful but only a blip in the movie.  The movie also takes place during Summer, Winter/New Year's...I have a hard time classifying it as a Fall movie 

Here you go my man.  I watched this 54647 times as a kid but forgot it until just now

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Good Will Hunting

The Princess Bride

It's the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown

I remember going to see The Princess Bride at movie theater.

A friend worked there and got me a ticket.

After it I could not stop talking about it and he told me if he was working and it was not full he'd get me in.

I went half a dozen times.

12 hours ago, Wacka said:

There was one of the Christmas ones I saw a couple years ago.  Main characters are flying from somewhere to NYC, storms forced their plane to land in Buffalo, and they decided to rent a car with another couple and drive the rest of the way.  Took them four days to get to NYC from Buffalo.  Not because of storms, the distance.  I'm thinking, I've done that drive in 5 hours.  

On 9/5/2023 at 9:45 PM, Bills4everNY said:

Planes, Trains and Automobiles.

First one that came to mind. A film you can watch that feels christmassy but isn't, just like Groundhog Day

On 9/5/2023 at 11:42 PM, Another Fan said:

While it's not a movie that has the mood of Fall per say, I would say Rocky

The first fight with Spider Rico took place on Thanksgiving in the movie I believe.  If you look at that clip of Rocky running the weather outside seems Fallish as well as when he runs up the steps.  Rocky has on long sleeves and sweatpants but you see no ice or snow on the ground.  Also, the lakes or water he ran by haven't iced up yet.  

And oh yeah this is the same focus I expect from Josh and crew Monday night after watching that 😁

He takes Adrian to the ice rink on thanksgiving, which is why it's closed. Man I'm a Rocky nerd

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.