Bills Signing OL Garrett McGhin (who)

BuffaloBillyG

McGhin was with the Bills in 2019 and 2020.  In 2019 he was injured during preseason and was waived injured.  In 2020, he was signed in the Spring and released at beginning of training camp.  He'll probably play a lot on Saturday and then goodbye.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 3

32 minutes ago, machine gun kelly said:

For a guy who has given every benefit of the doubt to Brown, an 80% 40 yr old Leters might be better.  I seriously doubt any consideration, and he probably would never last a full season.

Yeah I'm a little down on Brown after Golden torched him yesterday but not out yet. Kind of sad yet fortunate thing for us (if we sign him) is Peter's, if in shape is a better option on day one. The freak that he is hes probably still better if not in shape. However on not giving up on Brown yet. He plays decent like 85% of the time and I will say this is a much better run blocker than Peter's ever was. Peters was never a mauling run blocker. Brown is a mauling run blocker.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, akcash said:

Think we need one (Jason Peters) more right?

Shell more likely than not retired because he knew he wasn't making it and the plan was to roll with Quessenberry and Doyle behind Dawkins and Brown. So someone needs to step up with Doyle's injury. But the idea we need to replace 2 OT's is incorrect, in my opinion.

Jason Peters is going to be 42 years old when this season ends. He is literally the oldest active player in the NFL. The people who said we're linked to him aren't credible. They're a Twitter account that throws things against the wall hoping they'll stick. They simply took the fact that Shell retired and our depth isn't great and made up a rumor. I absolutely don't see Peters happening.

McDermott said he likes the guys he has in house to replace Doyle in his most recent presser. Alex Van Demark performed very well in yesterday's game when called in for Doyle. With who's out there now, they're going to value the lineman they've had in their system over them. Maybe they bring in someone else, but it probably won't be a big name and they'll spend time on the Practice Squad learning the playbook and practicing with the team before they're given a shot. It just is what it is at this point, unfortunately.

• Like (+1) 2

Van Demark played all LT snaps from the time Dawkins exited the game. Doyle going down meant the guy behind him on the depth chart - Quessenberry - replaced him. And he was bad until Gouraige replaced him on the final drive, and wasn't nearly as bad. Beane has to be looking to upgrade tackle #4. Shell would have been fine. Doyle would been ok. Quessenberry is a potential disaster. I'm fine rolling the dice on a younger guy on the ascent, or a cutdown casualty or street FA who can perform better than Q right now.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 2
  • Dislike 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.