Your opinion of starters playing a quarter and a half gainst Pittsburgh?

steven50

McDermott said Allen and the rest of the starters will play for about a quarter and a half.

https://www.si.com/nfl/bills/news/buffalo-bills-vs-pittsburgh-steelers-preseason-preview-josh-allen-starters-stefon-diggs-kenny-pickett

I really want other peoples opinions on the pros and cons of the starters playing that much. I am not saying I object but It kind of surprised me.

5 minutes ago, steven50 said:

McDermott said Allen and the rest of the starters will play for about a quarter and a half.

https://www.si.com/nfl/bills/news/buffalo-bills-vs-pittsburgh-steelers-preseason-preview-josh-allen-starters-stefon-diggs-kenny-pickett

I really want other peoples opinions on the pros and cons of the starters playing that much. I am not saying I object but It kind of surprised me.

completely against it but I’m one of those that want to see preseason games eliminated altogether.

• Agree 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I’m all for them playing a quarter and a half. 

17 minutes ago, 4th&long said:

I don’t really want Allen playing after the beat down he put on them last year. I am afraid they will want some pay back and take some cheap shots even tho it’s preseason.

Tomlin will not allow that.

I’m not any more worried about injuries tomorrow than I am when they practice, or play a pre-season, regular season or playoff game.

Edited by Beast
  • Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 2

I've been on record not a single starter should take a single snap in preseason. Zero reward. All risk. I wouldn't play any of them at all. Let the roster bottom feeders fight for their jobs. 

9 minutes ago, Buffalo Boy said:

It’s football. They have to get some live reps before the season. 

No they don't. Covid proved they did not.

• Disagree 3
  • Agree 1

I like the starters playing to get the rust out under semi-real game conditions. But I want the players, especially Allen, to play smart and avoid hits at the expense of a negative play. Throw away the ball, dont run, go down fast - anything to avoid a hard tackle or hit. There are players on the other team looking to make the roster and dont care if they bring the hurt on the opposition. Be cognizant of that and protect your body. 

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.