I don't think I can be a Bills fan ever again

Draconator

I went to Consumers Beverages and picked up a case of a beer I've never had. Landshark Lager. Their motto is "Fins Up". 

It's good and I would buy another case. How can I be a Bills fan whilst drinking a beer with the motto "Fins Up"? 

• Vomit 1
  • Agree 1
  • Dislike 1

3 minutes ago, Draconator said:

I went to Consumers Beverages and picked up a case of a beer I've never had. Landshark Lager. Their motto is "Fins Up". 

It's good and I would buy another case. How can I be a Bills fan whilst drinking a beer with the motto "Fins Up"? 

"Fins up" is a Parrothead motto. (My brother is one.) Jimmy Buffet probably has a stake in that brewery. He's also a minor owner of the Dolphins, FWIW.

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, WhoTom said:

"Fins up" is a Parrothead motto. (My brother is one.) Jimmy Buffet probably has a stake in that brewery. He's also a minor owner of the Dolphins, FWIW.

So I'm good. 

Josh Allen is durable. 

15 minutes ago, Draconator said:

I'm sorry. I have to put you on ignore now.

• Sad 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Dr. Who said:

I was just kidding. I would never do that to you.

Love

13 minutes ago, WhoTom said:

After going to the beer's website, it's the official beer of Margaritaville. I love sun and warm. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

1. Put in a Bills coozie.

2. Duct tape the cans.

Jeebus.  You people are so damned linear thinkers.

But with the aforementioned information that this is the official beer of Margaritaville, I'm now ok with drinking this openly and freely. I mean a little Jimmy Buffet never hurt anyone. 

1 minute ago, Augie said:

Have you considered or previously had a lobotomy? 

sssshhhhhhhh

42 minutes ago, Draconator said:

Try different (and better) beers.

Here's one: JW Dundee's Honey Brown Ale.  Made in Rochester.

• Thank you (+1) 2

11 minutes ago, Doc said:

My new favorite beer is Sunshine Blonde Ale from Wellington Brewery in Toronto. I also very much like the Helles Lager, also from Wellington Brewery. 

I was going to go to the Duty-Free in Fort Erie and get a case of Alexander Keiths but didn't feel like driving to Canada. So I made the much shorter trip to Consumers for whatever was cheap and seemed good. I'm not disappointed in this beer. 

• Like (+1) 1

14 hours ago, Doc said:

Exactly. There are so many other beer choices out there. I like Samual Adams, but refuse to drink it because it's from Bahston. 

• Like (+1) 1

If it was 20 or 30 or 40 years ago, this would be an interesting quandary.

Now, it's not.  The whole Dolphins hate thing has been dead for me for a LONG time now.

And God knows, I used to HATE THEM like you can't imagine.

Way too many years of irrelevancy by both teams killed that rivalry a long time ago.

Who knows, it might get good again in the near future, though.

• Like (+1) 1

17 hours ago, Doc said:

do they still make this?  i'm pretty sure it's a genny product.  i remember seeing it in boston when i was in college, and it was considered wildly expensive back then.  maybe 5-6 buck for a bottle.

1 hour ago, teef said:

do they still make this?  i'm pretty sure it's a genny product.  i remember seeing it in boston when i was in college, and it was considered wildly expensive back then.  maybe 5-6 buck for a bottle.

Yeah it's made by Genny.  It was ~$6 for a 6-pack when I last bought it.

• Like (+1) 1

On 8/1/2023 at 3:58 PM, Draconator said:

I like what I like...there is no shame in having beer preferences. I agree with the folks who say put a Bills koozie over it and call  it a day

I am staunchly a stella artois-, coronas,  Sierra Nevada Pale ale girl myself.

PS: My bottom line is it must be COLD . any flavor whatsoever.

Edited by muppy

On 8/1/2023 at 6:58 PM, Draconator said:

Jimmy Buffett is for boomers 

• Haha (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.