What Would Happen if the Bills Cut Damar Hamlin? (Dan Patrick)

wppete

13 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

Why would they? He was an ascending player and was starting to play really well

Cmon. Ascending player and starting to play really well??? I really like him as a person and hope the best for him would love to see him become a star but the truth is he was a liability on the field playing Safetyand was not playing “really well”. He was In There because of injury and a weakness on the Defense. He was a decent player on special teams but not much than that. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1

2 minutes ago, wppete said:

Cmon. Ascending player and starting to play really well??? I really like him as a person and hope the best for him would love to see him become a star but the truth is he was a liability on the field playing Safetyand was not playing “really well”. He was In There because of injury and a weakness on the Defense. He was a decent player on special teams but not much than that. 

The Dolphins set him on fire in December

1 hour ago, wppete said:

Good discussion here with Dan Patrick. What do you guys think? I think there is a good chance he doesn’t make the 53 and gets cut. 

Sorry, off topic, but I enjoy Dan Patrick and listen to the show often in the morning. I watched on Peacock for a while, but at some point the morning show on TV became the show from the day before. Anyone else run into that? What’s up? Is there a fix? I don’t see an explanation anywhere. Even updated the app, which may be part of the problem?  🤷‍♂️

I did hear the topic come up and I think Damar will be on the PS at worst. Getting picked up by another team is a real possibility. Somehow, somewhere he will be fine. He’s already The Big Winner! 

• Like (+1) 1

56 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

It is Hamlin or Marlowe. I think Hamlin will get the benefit of the doubt if it is close. If Marlowe clearly beats him out then it is what it is.

I agree with this, but I do think that if this happens, he is offered a spot on the PS.

The dude can hit, hard. But that's about it. He has no sense of the field and should be on the PS. I have wondered about this since the start of camp especially with Rapp in place now. Hamlin - we love ya man but I bet he get's cut.

Nothing will happen. The world understands the reality of the situation. Unfortunate circumstance. I wish him well.

1 hour ago, wppete said:

Good discussion here with Dan Patrick. What do you guys think? I think there is a good chance he doesn’t make the 53 and gets cut. 

The Bills drafted him, he has starting experience and he’s a young player who can still improve.  If he’s able to mentally continue getting past what happened I don’t see him getting beat out by by players who couldn’t beat him out before.  He’s not physically unhealthy.

1 hour ago, Nextmanup said:

Definitely would NOT be a media "firestorm."  LOL

It would make the news, only b/c of his health scare...then be forgotten about 3 minutes later.

The Bills don't owe him a career.

I don’t think so. I think Florio and some in the media would try to make it a big deal.

9 minutes ago, stinky finger said:

The Bills medical staff saved his life.

Do they owe him more than that?

He’ll be on the team only if he deserves it. 

not only this. But if Damar Hamlin is beat out for a roster spot well that's NFL football. It is a business and he has seen others cut before him. It is what it is. Its NOT Personal

would we all love to see him excel this season and make the squad? Of Course!   But moreso I want the best team period. If he is deemed a member of the final 53 Hallelujah! Practice squad? Could be!

🍿

Edited by muppy
  • Like (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, wppete said:

The first few games sure...but like any player who hadn't played much he improved quite a bit over the time he was playing to the point Cover 1 did a video on him and said he was turning into a star...but hey, what do they know.

I love the argument that a 10th CB won’t make a difference. Very obtuse.

Maybe a 10th CB wouldn’t make a difference, but 3 safeties and an extra OL or DL would.

I'm not sure if he makes the team but if cut the Bills should definitely put him in the practice squad if his play hasn’t significantly deteriorated from the “injury”. 

Air quotes on “injury” because it was much more than your run of the mill fooseball injury.

Edited by JDubya76

8 minutes ago, Solomon Grundy said:

I'd be PISSED if they kept Cam Lewis over Damar!! I'll NEVER forget Vikings game 

What if...and hear me out...what if Cam Lewis actually IMPROVED from last year and earned a spot? 

Why hold such a grudge over that 1 play? Do you hold the same hard feelings for Hyde, Poyer and White who did the same thing with Hail Murray? 

There were about 4 plays that cost the Bills that Vikings game. Josh handles the snap in the end zone and Lewis not knocking it down is a footnote.

2 hours ago, FireChans said:

It would be a media firestorm. 

Best case scenario if Damar is in danger of being cut would be to stash him on IR.

It would be story nationally for part of a day, locally for a day or two.

No firestorm.

Sports are pretty high stakes - especially for an NFL team that is still searching for its first title.

There won't be any sentimentality or emotion in whatever decision they make.  I think he makes the team - he's a great tackler, and good depth.  But his skills and how he fits will dictate whether he makes it or not.

It would certainly get a headline if he was cut, but it wouldn't be some scandal or outrage.

2 hours ago, Limeaid said:

Bills would have kept Dean Marlowe but they were very cap strapped so they let him go and brought him back when they had a need.

I think he is competing again Dean Marlowe who is a better special teams player.

They can put Hamlin on PS in 2023 so he can get his insurance if necessary and other teams (i.e. Giants) can choose to pick him up.

honestly, I think it’s a good race between the two and lean towards Marlowe on the 53, with Damar on the PS 

I think all damar can ask for is a fair evaluation where he’s not penalized for the injury but likewise shouldn’t be specially rewarded. He’s either 4th or 5th on the chart and we will see how it shakes out.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.