What Would Happen if the Bills Cut Damar Hamlin? (Dan Patrick)

wppete

1 hour ago, GunnerBill said:

I would pick those four too. But I think Marlowe still has a shot of disrupting it.

Yep. In this case though, with the top two starters being the age they are and with the respective injury histories they have, I give Hamlin a rather large edge over Marlowe, despite his lengthy history with McDermott and his impressive special teams contributions. 

If Poyer and Hyde were 2-3 years younger, and without the Hyde neck question and Poyer’s laundry list of recent nicks and cuts, then I think the competition would be a lot closer. But unless Damar shows evidence of some sort of hesitancy on the field or other mental block, he’s making the team.

Edited by JoPoy88

15 hours ago, cantankerous said:

I hope he gets cut. He’s not good enough. He’s also a sellout. 

So he’s a sellout now? Why, because people donated immense amounts of money to his charity after he almost lost his life on the field? 

I really hope this is just a sarcasm/troll post and you’re not being serious because if so, you need to get yourself checked out.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Vomit 1

6 hours ago, BADOLBILZ said:

No, over thinking it is being so naive(or stupid) to worry about what a celebrity like Hamlin is going to do to make a living if he can't play pro football again.           

True to an extent.   However, I don't  see Damar's celebrity lasting a lifetime.   To be clear I am not worried about what he will do after football, the post is what it is.

5 hours ago, JoPoy88 said:

Yep. In this case though, with the top two starters being the age they are and with the respective injury histories they have, I give Hamlin a rather large edge over Marlowe, despite his lengthy history with McDermott and his impressive special teams contributions. 

If Poyer and Hyde were 2-3 years younger, and without the Hyde neck question and Poyer’s laundry list of recent nicks and cuts, then I think the competition would be a lot closer. But unless Damar shows evidence of some sort of hesitancy on the field or other mental block, he’s making the team.

counter- talents of damars level are not difficult to acquire so you kind of go with the best player today, knowing there are plenty of long term options at the level of the one you move on from. 

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, thenorthremembers said:

True to an extent.   However, I don't  see Damar's celebrity lasting a lifetime.   To be clear I am not worried about what he will do after football, the post is what it is.

The celebrity that's been bestowed upon him for surviving his experience on the field doesn't have to last a lifetime.   He just needs to cash in on it with cushy entertainment gigs until people forget why he became famous and just is.   That's the one-hit wonder model.   

• Agree 2

9 hours ago, JoPoy88 said:

I think the team carries 5 safeties given the age and injury history of the starting pair. I also think Hamlin sticks on the roster because he is signed to a cheap deal the last year of his rookie contract next season. Marlow is older and Rapp is only signed to a one year deal. So having at least some younger option at safety that is signed for 2024 only makes sense for the Bills longer-term roster building. 

I think given that Rapp is going to likely be used as a "big nickel" and moveable "piece" while Hyde and Poyer play likely means that they carry one less LB or CB and given that Marlowe is a good ST player they can justify it easier as well. 

If rapp becomes a contributor- he also fully replaces dean marlowe in any capacity.  Hamlin also was better than anyone else who played safety last year other than hyde and poyer.  So... Assuming you keep 4, i don't see why you can't use him as depth.  Poyer's primary backup is probably Rapp, and Hyde's is probably Poyer TBH.  Keep the best 4 players, and i don't see that being Marlowe.  

19 hours ago, Straight Hucklebuck said:

Life would go on.

🤷🏻‍♂️

Yep, and almost no one (nationwide) would know about it one way or the other.

But why bicker about this here!  We may very well find out what happens when he gets cut.

Wait a while.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.