Giants sign LT Andrew Thomas to 5-yr 117.5 extension.

Gregg

Jonathan Jones on Twitter: "The Giants and left tackle Andrew Thomas have agreed to a five-year contract extension worth $117.5 million, source says. ESPN first to report. Giants have taken care of a lot of family business this offseason." / Twitter

Just now, Gregg said:

Jonathan Jones on Twitter: "The Giants and left tackle Andrew Thomas have agreed to a five-year contract extension worth $117.5 million, source says. ESPN first to report. Giants have taken care of a lot of family business this offseason." / Twitter

TBH I had no clue who he was until I googled him. Looks like Schein doing his best to keep core guys together with the Giants. Yet with questions about their long term playmakers on offense they might struggle to take the next step in their development. 

He was elite but for 23.5 per I think I'd rather have a an above average Dawkins at 14 per and ability to add a Floyd at DE but then again,  Giants have basically no choice but to pay him market value

Edited by JerseyBills
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 5

1 minute ago, Bray Wyatt said:

It is good for the culture to show them you will pay for performance. They can afford it at this point and buys a ton of goodwill with the locker room imo.

I know he signed with them, but Barkley has to be fuming privately at this point.

• Agree 9
  • Haha (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Gregg said:

I know he signed with them, but Barkley has to be fuming privately at this point.

Just now, BuffaloBillyG said:

Unless your name is Saquon. 

I am sure it had to irk him on some level, but they did give him more money when they didnt have to. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, GunnerBill said:

He is the classic case for don't judge a player after 1 year. He sucked as a rookie. Rounded into a very good, borderline elite LT. 

so, hope for Spencer Brown??  (I know 2 years, but badly hurt back last year). 

That is a huge chunk of change.  With all the roster rework they are doing, I'm sure it will feel like a bargain in 2-3 years when they have to start paying other positions.  Just crazy how much some of these guys are making now, but it's not my team or money.

Agreed about Barkley though.  I would be peeved

• Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, Allen2Diggs said:

He doesn't have name recognition, but he was great last year. Saffold made the probowl last year so maybe it's not the best indicator.

That’s my point. If Saffold can make it…

22 minutes ago, Doc said:

That’s my point. If Saffold can make it…

It proves the Pro Bowl is a joke based on name recognition and not performance. Saffold sucks. He has honestly never been that good. How he has had the career he has remains an utter mystery to me.

2 hours ago, Virgil said:

That is a huge chunk of change.  With all the roster rework they are doing, I'm sure it will feel like a bargain in 2-3 years when they have to start paying other positions.  Just crazy how much some of these guys are making now, but it's not my team or money.

Agreed about Barkley though.  I would be peeved

He should be peeved he didn't take their previous offer.

These guys are dumb.  What's the point of paying an agent?

13 hours ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Dion Dawkins was a steal! Beane is a wizard!

Is Beane a wizard.  Not sure, but, I lean towards yes.  He has great systems on his contracts negotiations and timelines.  This leads to being proactive with success.  He identifies the important positions to do this with his long term deals.

I think the important thing with Beane and his recent long term deals in the last 3-4 was his ability to get in front of Covid and the salary cap impact.  He continued to work towards long term goals and contracts.  He then had the flexibility & ability (with our Ownerships cash & dedication towards success) to continue to maneuver the salary cap by redoing contracts.

I will call Beane a wizard.  But, I think it is more that he is consistently above average in all aspects of his job which make him look very, very good overall.

Beane's overall above average skills in almost all or all categories makes him great and we are very lucky to have him.

Go Bills! 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.