Jets and Quinnen Williams agree on 4-year 96 million deal

Gregg

55 minutes ago, Gregg said:

I hope this is the year the Chargers can finally beat them and take the division. On paper they have the talent, but they always seem to come up just a little short. It would be nice if KC gets into the playoffs (they will) as a WC while the Bills win the division. Any potential playoff game between them I want in OP.

earliest thats happening is next year after they can their coach

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Sharky7337 said:

I think this ia true but also would a healthy and old self tre white make this not as bad

He was def not himself last year.

plus hyde. plus year 2 for Elam. our secondary will be good. our future banks on D doing a better job capitalizing getting to the QB, and how the new OL gels

• Like (+1) 1

They should be in some fun cap situations if they can draft a QB worth paying.  Sauce is going to get Mega-Paid and they have a few other up and comers.  They better hope Rodgers can take advantage this year and next.  

4 hours ago, The Jokeman said:

I'm not going to call him a bust yet but he was projected as 1st Rounder but slipped to the 2nd Rounder for a reason..

Do you think it's possible that more than 32 players were projected as possible first rounders?

5 hours ago, Billl said:

Very shrewd of Beane to avoid drafting defensive linemen who will command large second contracts.

No idea why this needs to be said every time a great player gets a big contract, but teams don't get into salary cap hell due to paying superstars big money.  They do it by overpaying mediocre players.

They should draft excellent players and then get rid of them after their rookie contract.  Rinse and repeat.    Don't draft potential that takes 4 years to figure it out with high draft picks

6 hours ago, Billl said:

Very shrewd of Beane to avoid drafting defensive linemen who will command large second contracts.

No idea why this needs to be said every time a great player gets a big contract, but teams don't get into salary cap hell due to paying superstars big money.  They do it by overpaying mediocre players.

Star being the best of this example.

• Like (+1) 1

Does anyone see a world in which the Chiefs do NOT re-sign Chris Jones? I don't, but what do I know.

He ain't exactly young, and he definitely wants a MONSTER deal. Does he want that deal this offseason? (I genuinely haven't followed closely enough to know; sure it's out there.) To my eye, his game could continue to flourish in his 30s as it's more about length and strength than it is about speed and get-off (although he excels there, too). He is KC's only defensive superstar innit, so losing doesn't seem necessary. But it could be smart in 2 or 3 years...

1 hour ago, TheWeatherMan said:

Williams, Mosley and Rodgers now account for a roughly $150M cap hit in 2024 which puts the Jets ~$80M over the cap.  

We all know Mosley won't be there under his current contract numbers. Right?

Edited by Richard Noggin

8 hours ago, Richard Noggin said:

Does anyone see a world in which the Chiefs do NOT re-sign Chris Jones? I don't, but what do I know.

He ain't exactly young, and he definitely wants a MONSTER deal. Does he want that deal this offseason? (I genuinely haven't followed closely enough to know; sure it's out there.) To my eye, his game could continue to flourish in his 30s as it's more about length and strength than it is about speed and get-off (although he excels there, too). He is KC's only defensive superstar innit, so losing doesn't seem necessary. But it could be smart in 2 or 3 years.

I really don’t see him not getting extended.  He’s the only defensive player on the team making any money, so it’s pretty easy to pay him.  Justin Reid is the next highest paid, and he’ll be gone after this season.  They drafted 6 players last season who will either start or get a large amount of playing time on defense this year which gives them a ton of cap flexibility.

18 hours ago, SCBills said:

The level of eyeroll I experienced reading this... 

I can't help it as to me unathletic OL always worry me as to me I feel they are able to dominate in college due to sheer size where the NFL it's more about athletic ability. Toss in he only played one season in a big conference. 

20 hours ago, Gregg said:

I hope this is the year the Chargers can finally beat them and take the division. On paper they have the talent, but they always seem to come up just a little short. It would be nice if KC gets into the playoffs (they will) as a WC while the Bills win the division. Any potential playoff game between them I want in OP.

Brandon Staley is the limiting factor... I would not be surprised if Sean Payton coaches up the Broncos to have a better record than the Chargers. Staley is brutal.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, EasternOHBillsFan said:

Brandon Staley is the limiting factor... I would not be surprised if Sean Payton coaches up the Broncos to have a better record than the Chargers. Staley is brutal.

It's a shame then because the Chargers have the talent to win the division from the Chiefs. I look forward to when these teams play as the games are usually fun to watch. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

20 hours ago, The Jokeman said:

I'm not going to call him a bust yet but he was projected as 1st Rounder but slipped to the 2nd Rounder for a reason..

He wasn't really "projected" as a 1st tbh. Some mock drafts had him there early in the season but talent level he was always seen as more of a 2nd rounder by the real reliable draft guys. How late he went in round 2 was probably a slight surprise. But I said quite early on I didn't see a first round player there when I watched the film. 

This is stupid.  He's a great player, no doubt.  But a guy like a DE simply DOES NOT HAVE ENOUGH IMPACT on WINS AND LOSSES to make them a huge priority like this under the cap.  

Give me an elite QB, 2 to 3 elite weapons, and a much better than average OL and the rest of the team can be slightly above replacement level and I'll be happy.  This is basically KC's formula for success.  It works.  It's everyone's formula for success.

• Disagree 1

6 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

This is stupid.  He's a great player, no doubt.  But a guy like a DE simply DOES NOT HAVE ENOUGH IMPACT on WINS AND LOSSES to make them a huge priority like this under the cap.  

Give me an elite QB, 2 to 3 elite weapons, and a much better than average OL and the rest of the team can be slightly above replacement level and I'll be happy.  This is basically KC's formula for success.  It works.  It's everyone's formula for success.

Not sure I agree or disagree with  argument.

Hypothetically speaking, would you be in favor of cutting Miller for Hopkins (assuming dead cap dollars were not an issue)..

In my mind, I think I am keeping Miller.  He got Mahommes on the ground in KC last year and that was a huge difference in the game..

21 hours ago, Gregg said:

They're a coach away. Perhaps the Bills are too.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.