Dawkins talks Bills, Diggs on Cowherd

Commish

47 minutes ago, hondo in seattle said:

As a Buddhist, I'm confused by these Buddhist references.  

It's really about Cheeseburgers. People who don't like them are untrustworthy, unless you're Hindu and don't eat meat. Then you're just deprived.

17 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

Those 280 pound lineman no matter how technically sound and a strong would get destroyed today

Ruben Brown was a machine and cut down to like 290… And he looked great, played awful

There’s a reason why there’s not 200lb linebackers … mass does matter When you’re on the field with a bunch of huge humans

They need the weight to lean in. Create an immovable force.
Plenty of muscle underneath that outer layer. Dont be fooled  LOL

• Agree 1

21 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

Those 280 pound lineman no matter how technically sound and a strong would get destroyed today

Ruben Brown was a machine and cut down to like 290… And he looked great, played awful

There’s a reason why there’s not 200lb linebackers … mass does matter When you’re on the field with a bunch of huge humans

Ruben brown really

1 minute ago, Dr. Who said:

It's really about Cheeseburgers. People who don't like them are untrustworthy, unless you're Hindu and don't eat meat. Then you're just deprived.

not all cheeseburgers are created equally.

But I prefer no one exudes hate towards another ones choice of cheeseburgers.

And " i would gladly pay you on tuesday for a cheeseburger today" is my mantra

8 minutes ago, 3rdand12 said:

not all cheeseburgers are created equally.

But I prefer no one exudes hate towards another ones choice of cheeseburgers.

And " i would gladly pay you on tuesday for a cheeseburger today" is my mantra

I agree, cheeseburgers too often become a source of sectarian violence and animosity. Now I'm hungry. 

image.png.19f8d618a8f47bfe1ee977b4d1d7f799.png

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

20 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

Ruben brown really

Ruben was a machine … I don’t know why people hate on a 9 time pro bowler… when it still mattered 

And he was much better when he was bigger

Absolutely one of the best AFC guards of his time… not the best .. but always in the running 

Edited by Buffalo716
  • Like (+1) 3

9 hours ago, Jukester said:

Fun watch. Schnow is always candid.

- No detail on Diggs situation other than it’s a non-issue and media hype only.

Dude just whacked the hornets nest - about to feel Thad Browns sting 😛

• Haha (+1) 2

6 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

He said it was just flat. There was something and it wasn't the true Bills. That is how it looked to me. We played our worst football game for a season and a half (since the Jags loss) but sadly played it in a home playoff game. It sucks. But players are human beings not machines. 

Actually, flat was Cowherd's word, and Dawkins agreed with it.  I think he agreed because it was the easy way out.   

My impression was that there's a story behind what happened, and he didn't want to talk about it.   He said it was a really difficult time, and somehow it just all came together badly in that game.  He didn't say more in part, I think, because he didn't want to sound like he was making excuses.  

I think it'll be years before we hear the full story.  After they win a Super Bowl, after these guys are retired, some time.  For now, there's radio silence.  

• Disagree 1

6 hours ago, NewEra said:

Seriously.  If I’m a show producer, he’d be one of my first choices as a guest.  Guaranteed 5M views on YT if the interviewer grills him

37 minutes ago, Billl said:

SVP really laid into minutes after winning a Super Bowl!

• Awesome! (+1) 1

7 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

He said it was just flat. There was something and it wasn't the true Bills. That is how it looked to me. We played our worst football game for a season and a half (since the Jags loss) but sadly played it in a home playoff game. It sucks. But players are human beings not machines. 

the problem is they looked that way the week prior v. Miami also.  Big issue and inexcusable, IMO. 

On 7/13/2023 at 6:21 AM, Commish said:

Wow

10:49 in.  Cowherd asks Dion about the Jets game.  Dion neatly picks up on one thing he says, challenges him politely 'why do you think that?', gets an answer, and dissects it.

Dion is usually an off-beat interview where he uses kind of strange analogies (schnow mac'n'cheese) and does as much deflection and question dodging as a coach but with a kind of casual, vague vibe so it usually flies by without a ripple, but he can sure get to the point when he wants to.

19 hours ago, Chandler#81 said:

By ‘including the night before the game’, you’re referring to Cops being called to Allen’s house, right?

Is this gonna be another one of those Josh Allen Rumors threads?

17 hours ago, 3rdand12 said:

They need the weight to lean in. Create an immovable force.
Plenty of muscle underneath that outer layer. Dont be fooled  LOL

Yeah, OLman need some mass.  But there's kind of a ....curve if I may say so.  They need the right amount, not too much.

I was the "fat shamer" and I did think earlier in OTAs Dion was 👀👀 too much.  He actually looks better now.

Edited by Beck Water

On 7/13/2023 at 12:07 PM, Nextmanup said:

This guy is at least 30-40 pounds blubber beyond his true weight.  I guess they want them to do that these days, but he is just so overinflated with fat...I preferred the league when OLmen were just as athletic as everyone else on the field.

They might have only been 285, but it was a super strong, solid, lean,285 and they were still the biggest strongest guys on the field.

Very few of these guys are TRUE 340 pound monsters, though those guys do come along now and again.

Kyle Williams comes to mind. Guy was an absolute unit and probably one of the best pure athletes on the roster. 

20 hours ago, RyanC883 said:

the problem is they looked that way the week prior v. Miami also.  Big issue and inexcusable, IMO. 

Inexcusable ?
I expected there would be no way the Bills could finish out the season well. Too much emotion for all. Even the long snapper,

6 hours ago, Beck Water said:

Wow

10:49 in.  Cowherd asks Dion about the Jets game.  Dion neatly picks up on one thing he says, challenges him politely 'why do you think that?', gets an answer, and dissects it.

Dion is usually an off-beat interview where he uses kind of strange analogies (schnow mac'n'cheese) and does as much deflection and question dodging as a coach but with a kind of casual, vague vibe so it usually flies by without a ripple, but he can sure get to the point when he wants to.

yeah

he a trip :)

in a good way

4 hours ago, Beck Water said:

Is this gonna be another one of those Josh Allen Rumors threads?

Yeah, OLman need some mass.  But there's kind of a ....curve if I may say so.  They need the right amount, not too much.

I was the "fat shamer" and I did think earlier in OTAs Dion was 👀👀 too much.  He actually looks better now.

yes 

I was just being the devils advocate for a moment. I am correct of course in that mass matters. lol
The big boys , and especially Dawkins , know how to be ready for the season.
Balanced or curve. Both are accepted answers !

One of the things i really found interesting was how he talked about the Jets D Line

Did anyone else take notice ?

On 7/14/2023 at 3:52 AM, GunnerBill said:

They didn't. They just made loads of mistakes vs the Dolphins. But they weren't flat and lifeless.

I think we saw a different team.  Yes, they looked it via body language vs. Cincy, but those mistakes were one of a flat/lifeless team, and they looked it to me, esp. on the defensive side.  

• Disagree 1

11 minutes ago, RyanC883 said:

I think we saw a different team.  Yes, they looked it via body language vs. Cincy, but those mistakes were one of a flat/lifeless team, and they looked it to me, esp. on the defensive side.  

They gave the Dolphins 1 drive of more than 30 yards.

On 7/13/2023 at 7:33 AM, GunnerBill said:

The way he describes the playoff game is the way I saw it too. That is what it looked like on my tv set. 

It looked like Cinci was the better team from the get go.

Honestly it looked like a high school power house team dominating an over performing less talented team. Exactly what we watched a few weeks before Damar got hurt. 

The excuses for the loss continue in so many of its fans. It really amazes me. Denial is real. 

No offense but that's how I see it. 

• Agree 1

2 minutes ago, newcam2012 said:

Honestly it looked like a high school power house team dominating an over performing less talented team. Exactly what we watched a few weeks before Damar got hurt. 

The excuses for the loss continue in so many of its fans. It really amazes me. Denial is real. 

I am not in denial. The Bills sucked. From moment 1 of the game. They played with zero energy and zero enthusiasm. If you want to argue that was the Bills highly motivated and playing at their peak and the Bengals were just so much better, go ahead.

The Bengals may have been better even if we performed at our best. But that defeat was about the Bills players completely no showing. Anyone who doesn't accept THAT is in denial IMO.

On 7/13/2023 at 3:47 PM, Shaw66 said:

Actually, flat was Cowherd's word, and Dawkins agreed with it.  I think he agreed because it was the easy way out.   

My impression was that there's a story behind what happened, and he didn't want to talk about it.   He said it was a really difficult time, and somehow it just all came together badly in that game.  He didn't say more in part, I think, because he didn't want to sound like he was making excuses.  

I think it'll be years before we hear the full story.  After they win a Super Bowl, after these guys are retired, some time.  For now, there's radio silence.  

I don't see it as such. I think the Bengals were the superior team, had a fantastic game plan, and executed on all levels. It was frankly men playing against boys. 

We saw a 8 min preview of this a few weeks before in Cinci before the Damar injury. The Bills were by most unbiased eyes were getting waxed and more rhan likely loss in a big way. 

Fast forward to the playoff game and It was more of the same. Total domination by a better team and better coaches. 

Yet, fans want to pound the table and keep a unproven narrative alive. I get it though. 

• Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 1

21 minutes ago, newcam2012 said:

Taking the emotion out of it, I think you're probably correct.  Teams look "listless" when they are getting their @ss kicked. Doesn't mean they aren't trying.  

Having said that, they still looked like they were on skates in the snow that game.  I definitely believe that Cincy was better prepared for the field conditions.

• Agree 2

3 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

I am not in denial. The Bills sucked. From moment 1 of the game. They played with zero energy and zero enthusiasm. If you want to argue that was the Bills highly motivated and playing at their peak and the Bengals were just so much better, go ahead.

The Bengals may have been better even if we performed at our best. But that defeat was about the Bills players completely no showing. Anyone who doesn't accept THAT is in denial IMO.

What makes you think the Bills players were a no show? They had no answers to stop the Bengals. It was the same results of the previous Monday night game. Not a lot was different! That certainly discredits your "no show" argument. Certainly, bolsters the claim that the Bengals were the superior team. With respect, let's be honest here Gunner. 

The Bills offense played poorly but I really don't think it was because they were flat or unfocused. It was mainly due to lack of WR talent, porous Oline, and a predictable game plan. Lou Anarumo out coached and out schemed the Bills in a domination fashion. Case in point, Diggs taken out of a playoff game again. What a surprise! It wasn't because they were flat or a no show. I'm not buying that BS for one minute. With respect, let's be honest here Gunner.

No let's use the "no show" argument in its proper fashion. THE " NO SHOW" WAS THE BILLS COACHING STAFF. The team had a terrible game plan, made terrible adjustments, and looked dazed and confused in arguably the biggest playoff home game in years. The team was unprepared in every facet of the game. That's on the coaches!!! With respect, let's be honest here Gunner.

After the game, McD and others conveniently create a narrative that gives them an out. Only in Buffalo does that fly. Try doing that in a market like NYC, Philly, etc...Fans would have eaten the coaching staff alive. Rightly so, I might add. Jerry Sullivan where are you when we the fans need some tough hard questions asked? No accountability is usually not a positive sign. 

• Disagree 1
  • Agree 1

2 hours ago, TheBrownBear said:

Taking the emotion out of it, I think you're probably correct.  Teams look "listless" when they are getting their @ss kicked. Doesn't mean they aren't trying.  

Having said that, they still looked like they were on skates in the snow that game.  I definitely believe that Cincy was better prepared for the field conditions.

I agree. I've watched the game several times. There isn't really a path where I see the Bills losing this because they were unfocused, flat, or a no show. On offense, Diggs and Allen were laser focused. The two best offensive players were absolutely ready for the moment. No doubt in my mind. What we saw was a Cinci D with a Cinci D coordinator eat up the Bills predictable offense. They exploited every nook and cranny if the Bills offensive weaknesses. Most notably the oline and weak WRs. 

The Bills defense had little chance to stop the Cinci offense. We saw that on Monday night. That theme just merely continued a few weeks later. Injuries, lack of quality depth, and a horrific Fraizer playoff defense were simply no much for the Bengals O. 

After analysis a reasonable football mind should be able to conclude the Bengals were the better team and better coaches team. The excuse of a player "no show" and or other side noise effected the outcome is something I'm not buying into. It's a nice little excuse that fits nicely into the Bills failure. 

Edited by newcam2012
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

27 minutes ago, newcam2012 said:

What makes you think the Bills players were a no show? They had no answers to stop the Bengals. It was the same results of the previous Monday night game. Not a lot was different! That certainly discredits your "no show" argument. Certainly, bolsters the claim that the Bengals were the superior team. With respect, let's be honest here Gunner. 

The Bills offense played poorly but I really don't think it was because they were flat or unfocused. It was mainly due to lack of WR talent, porous Oline, and a predictable game plan. Lou Anarumo out coached and out schemed the Bills in a domination fashion. Case in point, Diggs taken out of a playoff game again. What a surprise! It wasn't because they were flat or a no show. I'm not buying that BS for one minute. With respect, let's be honest here Gunner.

No let's use the "no show" argument in its proper fashion. THE " NO SHOW" WAS THE BILLS COACHING STAFF. The team had a terrible game plan, made terrible adjustments, and looked dazed and confused in arguably the biggest playoff home game in years. The team was unprepared in every facet of the game. That's on the coaches!!! With respect, let's be honest here Gunner.

After the game, McD and others conveniently create a narrative that gives them an out. Only in Buffalo does that fly. Try doing that in a market like NYC, Philly, etc...Fans would have eaten the coaching staff alive. Rightly so, I might add. Jerry Sullivan where are you when we the fans need some tough hard questions asked? No accountability is usually not a positive sign. 

I think you are dead wrong. Not because I have an agenda to protect the team. Nobody who knows me has ever accused me of that. But because I think you are wrong. I think you have never played competitive sport at a serious level and have never experienced that feeling that you want it so bad and yet your body won't meet your own expectations. I have. And that is what I saw on that field. The Bills were flat as hell from the first snap. 

The Bengals did move the ball on us at will in the first drive and a half of the Hamlin game, but the Bills moved the ball easily on them too. That is not what happened in the playoffs.

So I'll be honest. I completely honestly and objectively think you are totally wrong.

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

I think you are dead wrong. Not because I have an agenda to protect the team. Nobody who knows me has ever accused me of that. But because I think you are wrong. I think you have never played competitive sport at a serious level and have never experienced that feeling that you want it so bad and yet your body won't meet your own expectations. I have. And that is what I saw on that field. The Bills were flat as hell from the first snap. 

The Bengals did move the ball on us at will in the first drive and a half of the Hamlin game, but the Bills moved the ball easily on them too. That is not what happened in the playoffs.

So I'll be honest. I completely honestly and objectively think you are totally wrong.

No problem. I am fine with your stance. Sometimes it's ok to disagree. 

Edited by newcam2012

Come on Gunner. You are seemingly changing the goal post here. First it was a " no show" and now it's they wanted it so bad that they were flat. Perhaps, they are synonymous. There's no way on this earth I can buy that type of rational. That's pretty bizarre for world class athletes getting paid millions to underperform because they couldn't handle the situation or pressure. Or whatever reason you want to attach to it. No way no how was that game too big for any Bills player. No way no how did they play terrible due to wanting it so badly. 

You don't come out flat playing a huge playoff game at home. You don't come out flat when you have a franchise QB. You don't come out flat with all your playoff experience. You don't get out coached and out schemed by a country mile when you are supposed to be a good coach. All a bunch of excuses created by coaches players, and fans. 

The Bills players and coaches  just weren't good enough on every level. A total disaster before arguably the best fan base in the NFL. 

No problem here. There's always next year and next year and next year. The only question up for debate will be what's the new flavor excuse going to be. 

Edited by newcam2012
  • Eyeroll 1

Come on Gunner. You watched that Monday night game. There's no way you could objectively think the Bills were going to win that game. Sure it's a remote chance they do and we will never know. However, the Bengals were manhandling the vaunted Bills defense. The Bills offense had a nice scoring drive and then stalled out. The Bengals were physically dominating the Bills and doing what they wanted at will on offense. They were soon to be going up two scores before Damar got hurt. Almost everyone I've talked to Bills fans and otherwise have concurred the Bills were well on their way to a convincing loss. It's hard not to think otherwise if you are being objective. 

Edited by newcam2012

1 hour ago, ScottLaw said:

Agreed. We should’ve one the first one, they should’ve won the second one and we the third one should’ve been a blow out in our favor. 

I agree. What I find ironic is that we Bill fans are very quick to dismiss the last year's playoff loss to injuries. No doubt it played a role.

However, Tua and Bridgewater were hurt as well. Miami was playing a nobody inferior 3rd string QB. Yet, we Bills fans are fast to dismiss the injury excuse for Miami and it's fans.

Crazy how minds work. 

4 hours ago, newcam2012 said:

Come on Gunner. You are seemingly changing the goal post here. First it was a " no show" and now it's they wanted it so bad that they were flat. Perhaps, they are synonymous. There's no way on this earth I can buy that type of rational. That's pretty bizarre for world class athletes getting paid millions to underperform because they couldn't handle the situation or pressure. Or whatever reason you want to attach to it. No way no how was that game too big for any Bills player. No way no how did they play terrible due to wanting it so badly. 

You don't come out flat playing a huge playoff game at home. You don't come out flat when you have a franchise QB. You don't come out flat with all your playoff experience. You don't get out coached and out schemed by a country mile when you are supposed to be a good coach. All a bunch of excuses created by coaches players, and fans. 

The Bills players and coaches  just weren't good enough on every level. A total disaster before arguably the best fan base in the NFL. 

No problem here. There's always next year and next year and next year. The only question up for debate will be what's the new flavor excuse going to be. 

Read what I said. It wasn't that. They were a no show. I didn't say it was a no show because they wanted it so bad. I am not arguing they froze. But sometimes even though you want something you just have a total off day. That is what I have always thought happened vs Cincy. It happened to me in a Quarter Final when I played soccer. 2 games away from a chance to play at Wembley. We just played the worst we had played all season. It was a horrible feeling. Played our worst at the biggest moment and you know it is happening and you can't find a way to snap out of it. It happened to Ons Jabeur yesterday in the Wimbledon final. She came out flat, low energy, as soon as the game started to go away her body language showed she was defeated. Just as the Bills were in January. You know why it happens? Because sportspeople are human beings. 

4 hours ago, newcam2012 said:

Come on Gunner. You watched that Monday night game. There's no way you could objectively think the Bills were going to win that game. Sure it's a remote chance they do and we will never know. However, the Bengals were manhandling the vaunted Bills defense. The Bills offense had a nice scoring drive and then stalled out. The Bengals were physically dominating the Bills and doing what they wanted at will on offense. They were soon to be going up two scores before Damar got hurt. Almost everyone I've talked to Bills fans and otherwise have concurred the Bills were well on their way to a convincing loss. It's hard not to think otherwise if you are being objective. 

For crying out loud read the words I write and stick to those rather than making up things I didn't say in your head. 

No, I don't think based on the 2 and a half drives we saw the Bills were going to beat Cincy. I also think it is quite possible that even if the Bills had performed in the divisional round Cincy might still have won. The difference between the two is that in the Hamlin game the Bills were not sleepwalking, when they got the ball on offense they played with energy, they ran the ball well and they marched right down the field on Cincy and just failed to punch it in. Had they lost that night it may well have been proof positive that Cincy are just more talented or better coached. In the playoff game all it proved is they turned up and the Bills didn't.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, GunnerBill said:

Read what I said. It wasn't that. They were a no show. I didn't say it was a no show because they wanted it so bad. I am not arguing they froze. But sometimes even though you want something you just have a total off day. That is what I have always thought happened vs Cincy. It happened to me in a Quarter Final when I played soccer. 2 games away from a chance to play at Wembley. We just played the worst we had played all season. It was a horrible feeling. Played our worst at the biggest moment and you know it is happening and you can't find a way to snap out of it. It happened to Ons Jabeur yesterday in the Wimbledon final. She came out flat, low energy, as soon as the game started to go away her body language showed she was defeated. Just as the Bills were in January. You know why it happens? Because sportspeople are human beings. 

It's all good Gunner. We don't see things in the same light. That's not necessarily a bad thing. I'll always put much credence into what you say. 

My eyes see a very good Bills team that has squandered winninable playoff games under the McD regime. Texans, Jags, and KC come to mind off the top of my head. Thus, you have a 4-5 playoff record and not even a close sniff at a SB appearence. Imho, they squandered precious opportunities.  Has the team progressed in their playoff appearances? With KC and Cinci likely going nowhere anytime soon the road to the SB looks difficult, maybe unlikely. 

No worries because many fans are more than satisfied with great regular season records and a playoff appearences. Bills have certainly done that well. Just think how much better that is than the past. Football as a Bills fan as been thoroughly more enjoyable. A SB appearence or win would only be gravy on top.

Silly me for critizing a team, coaching staff, and organization who by all measures has enough talent to represent the AFC. Silly me for not accepting excuses as to why the Bills haven't made it to a SB? 

The beauty of it all is there's always next year. Next year brings new hope, enthusiasm, and optimism. Don't let me rain on anyone's parade. I hear the lyrics "Don't worry be happy" playing in the background. Great song!

Signed by a older Bills fan that's been waiting 50 plus years for a Bills player to hoist a Lombardi Trophy. 

Edited by newcam2012
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.