Diggs NOT at mandatory minicamp, McDermott "very concerned" DAY 2 UPDATE: He's back

Process

Just now, Nextmanup said:

The key part of your post.  Not sure why people expect some of these guys to be anything more than what they are.

Diggs wants to win badly, but the way he channels this isn't always productive.

The focus should be on getting him to channel that in a more productive way, not telling him he should care less...he wants to be great, and wants to win...I would much rather have that problem than players who are more interested in playing with remote controlled cars in the locker room.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

1 minute ago, Ethan in Cleveland said:

His agent was right. Mcd made it worse. Diggs should have just practiced not trying to argue that. But obviously there is more to the story and McD made it worse. 

Again, there is no issue if he doesn't leave work. I don't care about something "being made worse" if it never should have happened in the first place. 

• Like (+1) 1

Not only do I think he talks to the press I’m sure he wants to.  

He should.  Allen did.  Don’t need details or even the truth we never get that anyway but need to hear you publicly talk about buying in, being on the same page, etc. 

Then some bs about warriors are dawgs and we get in fights but we good blah blah.  

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Ethan in Cleveland said:

His agent was right. Mcd made it worse. Diggs should have just practiced not trying to argue that. But obviously there is more to the story and McD made it worse. 

Nah McD just put pressure on stef so his ass would show up for work as he is contractually obligated to do so.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Nextmanup said:

If I broadcast something from the practice and it results in the loss of the credentials needed to do my job, I don't really have the right to broadcast something from the practice.

Get it?

These guys are in the press.  They trump internal policies of the Bills.  

I'm speaking as a lawyer, for what that's worth.

I have the right to go out and protest on the street corner and scream and yell stuff too. If someone decided to come out and kill me because they didn't like what I was saying, I still had the right to do it, there were just consequences I had to pay for it tho.

• Agree 1

3 minutes ago, ndirish1978 said:

This thread is full of middle school banter, pretty weak for a bunch of adults. We know Diggs was at OBD yesterday, he chose to leave and not work. He created a crapstorm media distraction by leaving. If he had not left, there would not be a circus of reporters gleefully producing "content" for the next 24 hours on the issue. Then his agent tried to deflect the blame for Diggs refusing to do his job on his coach stating he was concerned that the player didn't show up for work. Is missing a big deal as far as on the field stuff? One day is not. Is missing work a problem because he created a public issue? Yes. 

There is zero excuse for walking out. A conversation does the same as leaving the facilities and it doesn't carry a negative burden on his teammates. Diggs is a selfish dolt for creating this issue, Regardless of whether his grievances are correct, he took a personal gripe and passed the responsibility for dealing with it on to the teammates he is supposed to lead.

Sometimes leadership involves a shock, and ***IF*** some of these rumors are true regarding Josh, he did the right thing here. Unorthodox moves can lead to a reset which makes the team even stronger, or it could fail- a risk, but if it's true then something had to happen.

We don't know the full story, so until we do get more information, you really can't say if he was right or wrong.

• Disagree 2

3 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

Haven't you heard? Allen doing lunges is what started this whole thing.

The next — and very crucial — stage of Josh Allen's development will be learning that there is a right time and place for unleashing his thighs and there is a wrong time and place for unleashing his thighs. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

41 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

Sal the brown noser is the king of this. 

This is actually hilarious.  Sal C is not employed to provide objective analysis.  He is employed to provide a fans perspective on the Bills based on his football knowledge and somewhat limited journalistic skills.  He makes no bones about his fandom.  He wears it on his sleeve.  I actually find his reporting insightful at times and useful in understanding what is going in behind the scenes and anticipating moves the Bills might make, what they are thinking, etc.    Why?  The team and the players trust him with access. Every team and market has at least one guy just like this.   If it is so called objective and critical analysis you are looking for, there are plenty of options nationally and , yes, also in the local media, whom are not all captive to the Bills.  You can just check in here as well where there is certainly no shortage of people trying to sell you their opinions as objective facts.  If you are expecting Sal to join the fire McBean chorus, for example, you are barking up the wrong tree.  

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

Just now, EasternOHBillsFan said:

Sometimes leadership involves a shock, and ***IF*** some of these rumors are true regarding Josh, he did the right thing here. Unorthodox moves can lead to a reset which makes the team even stronger, or it could fail- a risk, but if it's true then something had to happen.

We don't know the full story, so until we do get more information, you really can't say if he was right or wrong.

What rumors about josh? What are you talking about? 

Josh way more important to this team than stef. Stef doesn't do the right thing to attack/criticize/ridicule josh wtf are you talking about that is not the right way to build a championship team.

1 minute ago, Nextmanup said:

If I broadcast something from the practice and it results in the loss of the credentials needed to do my job, I don't really have the right to broadcast something from the practice.

Get it?

These guys are in the press.  They trump internal policies of the Bills.  

I'm speaking as a lawyer, for what that's worth.

Wow.  I don’t know what to say.  Other than maybe “CONGRESS shall make no law …” 

2 minutes ago, BillsFan692 said:

Nah McD just put pressure on stef so his ass would show up for work as he is contractually obligated to do so.

Put pressure on a guy who is GUARANTEED to get paid and can't be realistically traded by only paying a fine for his absence???

Yeah, whatever guy. Sounds like you have a bias.

Edited by EasternOHBillsFan

55 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

Sal the brown noser is the king of this. 

I don't know if it's as much as brown nosing as it is his background. He coached in Florida, so he is going to see and appreciate the coaching/management side of things more often. 

For that same reason, often finds me eye rolling what Mike Schope since his takes (which to his credit he admits) are the antithesis of "team" 

Edited by letsgoteam

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.