National Anthem

Editor’s note: The man talking to the choir director was one of the guides who was told by the police to walk over and stop the choir immediately.

The children, part of the esteemed Rushingbrook Children’s Choir, had traveled to Washington, D.C. last Friday, May 26th, for a scheduled Capitol tour and had received prior approval to sing a short set of patriotic songs inside the historic Statuary Hall.

capitol-police-1024x666.png

Note the confusion on the poor kids faces.

I really don't know what to say to them.

Edited by B-Man
  • Angry 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, B-Man said:

Editor’s note: The man talking to the choir director was one of the guides who was told by the police to walk over and stop the choir immediately.

The children, part of the esteemed Rushingbrook Children’s Choir, had traveled to Washington, D.C. last Friday, May 26th, for a scheduled Capitol tour and had received prior approval to sing a short set of patriotic songs inside the historic Statuary Hall.

if they didn't stop, they were going to pull the Adam Kokesh playbook.  

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=80AukvijFas

1 hour ago, B-Man said:

I’m sure @BillStime will be pissed- probably one of the more patriotic guys on here…😉

Edited by JaCrispy
  • Haha (+1) 4

A single source makes a claim and provides no named sources or official statements to back the claim. 

Time to break out the “jump to conclusions mats!”

Any chance we want to wait until we learn more before throwing stones at each other? 

36 minutes ago, ChiGoose said:

A single source makes a claim and provides no named sources or official statements to back the claim. 

Any chance we want to wait until we learn more before throwing stones at each other? 

Yeah I'm gonna need you to come in tomorrow, if you could be here around 9 that would be great. 

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Chris farley said:

So it is true that its illegal for kids to sing the star-spangled banner?  

and the police did tell them to stop.  what's the name of the source to that PAC parrot?

Nope they just needed permission which wasn't obtained.   Another BS story to rile up the perpetually offended and/or simple-minded. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

55 minutes ago, L Ron Burgundy said:

Nope they just needed permission which wasn't obtained.   Another BS story to rile up the perpetually offended and/or simple-minded. 

Perhaps permission wasn't obtained from the proper folks. This article claims permission was granted from their state's representatives William Timmons and Joe Wilson a well as from Speaker McCarthy's office. It also sounds like a call was later made to McCarthy's office to confirm authorization.

https://www.dailysignal.com/2023/06/02/exclusive-childrens-choir-director-responds-capitol-police-claim-they-did-not-stop-kids-singing-national-anthem/ 

• Like (+1) 1

21 hours ago, L Ron Burgundy said:

You need permission to sing the National Anthem in DC??? 🤣🤣🤣

Just think, for a moment, how ridiculous this sounds…

22 hours ago, BillStime said:

👆🤡

image.thumb.jpeg.9536ba4eedaf7feac19fd39e9915b859.jpeg

Is that you, Billsy? 😉

• Agree 1

21 minutes ago, JaCrispy said:

Just think, for a moment, how ridiculous this sounds..

Sounds like another potential insurrection plot foiled.  Biden will speak to the nation tomorrow about extremist choirs being the biggest threat to our democracy since his handlers made up the white supremist threat ruse.  

• Haha (+1) 3

50 minutes ago, JaCrispy said:

It sounds so ridiculous it’s almost as if it isn’t what he said at all. 

Needing permission to host an event for singing the national anthem in a building =\= needing permission to sing the national anthem in the city. 

On 6/2/2023 at 5:01 PM, Chris farley said:

So it is true that its illegal for kids to sing the star-spangled banner?  

and the police did tell them to stop.  what's the name of the source to that PAC parrot?

not sure if you heard but mobs of white nationalists spewing propaganda is the number one threat our country faces. 

• Haha (+1) 3

19 hours ago, JaCrispy said:

Is that you, Billsy? 😉

I mean, can any group just show up at a place and break out in song?  Think how ridiculous that sounds.  I think it being the national anthem is irrelevant.  Man ya'll are getting your panties in a wad quite often lately.   

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, L Ron Burgundy said:

I mean, can any group just show up at a place and break out in song?  Think how ridiculous that sounds.

Except thats not what happened. They didn't just "happen" to show up and sing.

Thats why it sounds ridiculous.

P.S.  and your repetitious "you guys sure are complaining a lot lately"  silliness does not work on adults.   Sorry.

• Thank you (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, L Ron Burgundy said:

I mean, can any group just show up at a place and break out in song?  Think how ridiculous that sounds.  I think it being the national anthem is irrelevant.  Man ya'll are getting your panties in a wad quite often lately.   

They do it in Mary Poppins …😉

• Haha (+1) 4

I don't know about breaking into song wherever a group wants...

But the left didn't seem to have any problem with large groups on BLM protesters randomly marching in residential neighborhoods and through restaurants chanting loudly with no repercussions. 

• Like (+1) 2

9 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

The fake outrage machine must be fed.

C'mon man, you don't find it just a tad, a tiny little bit, unsettling that a childrens chorus was made to stand down from singing patriotic songs in the US Capital building? What kind of freak show world are we living in here. 

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, wnyguy said:

C'mon man, you don't find it just a tad, a tiny little bit, unsettling that a childrens chorus was made to stand down from singing patriotic songs in the US Capital building? What kind of freak show world are we living in here. 

Hes the left in a nutshell

2 hours ago, The Frankish Reich said:

The fake outrage machine must be fed.

Here's why Capitol police stopped a youth choir from singing the 'Star-Spangled Banner'

Looks like it was probably a communication issue about having permission for a performance. 

Which is a much more likely case reason than believing that the police thought someone would be offended by the national anthem. Especially since nobody making the claim can seem to point to who told them that. 

• Haha (+1) 1

Just now, ChiGoose said:

Here's why Capitol police stopped a youth choir from singing the 'Star-Spangled Banner'

Looks like it was probably a communication issue about having permission for a performance. 

Which is a much more likely case reason than believing that the police thought someone would be offended by the national anthem. Especially since nobody making the claim can seem to point to who told them that. 

So you're a cop in the Capital Building and you hear a choir singing the NATIONAL ANTHEM, your first thought is gonna be, "that ain't right, damn kids singing that song in here without proper authority, I'ma shut it down." Freak show world. Cop should have stood at attention until the song was over.

• Like (+1) 2

35 minutes ago, wnyguy said:

So you're a cop in the Capital Building and you hear a choir singing the NATIONAL ANTHEM, your first thought is gonna be, "that ain't right, damn kids singing that song in here without proper authority, I'ma shut it down." Freak show world. Cop should have stood at attention until the song was over.

Or he could have done his job and checked if the group performing in the Capitol had permission to do so. 

• Vomit 1

1 minute ago, ChiGoose said:

Yup. And it looks like the officer was told they didn’t have permission when they did. An unfortunate mixup. 

And another attempted insurrection was foiled. Great job by the Capital Police once again.

• Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

On 6/2/2023 at 5:11 PM, ChiGoose said:

3 hours ago, ChiGoose said:

Yup. And it looks like the officer was told they didn’t have permission when they did.

An unfortunate mixup. 

• Like (+1) 1

21 hours ago, wnyguy said:

Right? Perhaps they should have included a few ditties about the glory of gay sex or maybe dressed in drag. Then all good, I’m sure. Imagine the outrage if they pulled the plug on , you know an actual freak show? 

• Like (+1) 1

19 hours ago, ChiGoose said:

I've worked for the federal government, so I have some insight here. That's why Hanlon's Razor is my default explanation: "Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity."

19 hours ago, wnyguy said:

So you're a cop in the Capital Building and you hear a choir singing the NATIONAL ANTHEM, your first thought is gonna be, "that ain't right, damn kids singing that song in here without proper authority, I'ma shut it down."

No, but you're a security guard and it's been pounded into you that there are "no organized demonstrations or performances without express permission of the Office of the Speaker" and that the constitution requires you to enforce that in a content-neutral manner, and you literally did not get (or did not read) the memo about this particular one. Things like this happen all the time. All. The. Time.

• Like (+1) 1