Emmanuel Acho’s Top 5 AFC Teams

Kirby Jackson

11 hours ago, Lane Meyer K12 said:

This is a good thing. Hopefully it happens throughout the media. More motivation can be achieved through other people's doubts. 

Exactly. Buffalo fans know the Bills always do better when ignored, counted out, etc. I hated them being the "favorite" last year by many... that sort of attention never helps this team. Bring it on...

• Like (+1) 1

“But what about the Bills?” Is a fair question: I picked the Bills to win the Super Bowl last year & Josh Allen to win MVP, I believe they’ve peaked.”

Well, the expert was wrong last year, so I presume he will be wrong again this year.

Edited by ControllerOfPlanetX
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

OK, to people not paying close attention the Bills probably look stale.  Same cast of characters, while other teams have stepped up.  And the loss of Edmunds, not a big favorite of many fans but really important for the D concept the Bills used.  And the two great safeties are both a year older.  And the great CB was definitely not back to his standard when he played last year.  And the great DE tore his knee pretty late in the year and probably won't be the same at the start of the year.  And the great WR seems to not have his head on straight.  And the great QB -- who knows what effect his personal life will have?

So on paper the Bills look like old news, that should be old news, and other teams are fresh and exciting.  But still, think about all the great players I just mentioned, and ask whether other teams have the same problem bringing back greatness.  The Bills still are a strong team, so we'll see how things go.

2 hours ago, Billzgobowlin said:

So from a totally unbiased perspective.  Of those 5 who actually got better from last year.  The Jets are the only ones and they weren't in the top 8 of the AFC last year.  I think based on improvement from the end of last year we added Hyde and Miller.  Yes they were on our team but no other team is even close to improving like those two will give us.

It’s mind blowing to me how this is never brought up during these media talks. We’re talking 2 game changing type of players that were missing for WEEKS. 

14 hours ago, Kirby Jackson said:

They finished 6.5 games ahead of the Jets, 4.5 games ahead of Miami and 3.5 games ahead of Baltimore. It is unreasonable to think that the Bills regressed enough for ALL of those teams to have closed that chasm. It’s not like a game separated them!!

Jets - Aaron Rogers vs Zack Wilson is enough of a WAR replacement to close the Jets gap. Ravens having Jackson healthy for 17 games would as well (not that this is guaranteed, but it is possible).  Dolphin's no longer have a rookie HC, and Tua being healthy for a whole season closes part of that gap too.  

But the regular season barely matters.  Bills- Dolphins-Ravens were more or less equal teams in the playoffs last year.  McDermott so far has not advanced in his ability to win playoff games.  It really is a crapshoot which of these three teams can break the Chiefs-Bengals strangle hold on the AFC. (while no one was looking Bengals Burrows, Chiefs Mahomes became the modern Manning Colts, Patriots Brady rivalary. The Bills appear to be the Rothlisberger Steelers in this saga, maybe stumbling into a couple of SBs) 

• Like (+1) 1

16 hours ago, Southern Bills Fan said:

If you've ever heard Acho on tv, he has the IQ of a house plant. He's there because he fits the demographic they want. 

People who, when they introduce themself, you respond with "gezundheit".

• Haha (+1) 1

12 hours ago, KDIGGZ said:

So they will get blown out by Rodgers and co.

Compared to Zach Wilson, yeah Rodgers is the end all be all. Doesn't necessarily mean the Jets should be crowned of anything tho. This being week 1, the advantage goes to the Bills. You say you're being realistic but how can you be realistic when you haven't seen Rodgers play a down for the Jets? Assumption doesn't translate to reality, and up to this point, all you're doing is assuming the Bills won't beat the Jets because Wilson won't be under center. It's a new year and Rodgers plays in the tougher of both conferences

7 hours ago, Chaos said:

Jets - Aaron Rogers vs Zack Wilson is enough of a WAR replacement to close the Jets gap. Ravens having Jackson healthy for 17 games would as well (not that this is guaranteed, but it is possible).  Dolphin's no longer have a rookie HC, and Tua being healthy for a whole season closes part of that gap too.  

But the regular season barely matters.  Bills- Dolphins-Ravens were more or less equal teams in the playoffs last year.  McDermott so far has not advanced in his ability to win playoff games.  It really is a crapshoot which of these three teams can break the Chiefs-Bengals strangle hold on the AFC. (while no one was looking Bengals Burrows, Chiefs Mahomes became the modern Manning Colts, Patriots Brady rivalary. The Bills appear to be the Rothlisberger Steelers in this saga, maybe stumbling into a couple of SBs) 

I agree that the Bills haven’t reached their potential in the playoffs. Personally, I would have been fine if they moved on from McDermott for that reason.

At the same time, the Bills have won more playoff games in this era than any of those teams including playoff wins over 2 of them. If we are using “they have to prove it in the playoffs” that actually works in the Bills favor vs. those 3 teams. 

On 5/11/2023 at 4:14 AM, atlbillsfan1975 said:

Who?

On 5/11/2023 at 5:22 AM, Aussie Joe said:

Who the fook is that guy? 

Former marginal LB with the Browns and Eagles (2013-2015) who parlayed that into a media career.  Current Fox Sports 1 analyst.

It's all about the Clicks

• Thank you (+1) 1

On 5/11/2023 at 5:10 AM, DaBillsFanSince1973 said:

But what about the Bills?” Is a fair question: I picked the Bills to win the Super Bowl last year & Josh Allen to win MVP, I believe they’ve peaked.

whelp, I guess they have peaked, according to Emmanuel... 🙄

Saying they've peaked is a fair response, but even if so, still likely better than Fish, Jets, and Ravens.

• Agree 1

The talking heads gotta talk about something...so they do crap like this.

Just look at Vegas Odds....Bills third best fav to win SB at most books.  That's top 3 or top 2 in the NFL.  Follow the money, not the talking heads.

Also...if ever a team was set to regress, it's the Bengals.  I will tell anyone who will listen...Orlando Brown is going to get Joe Burrow killed.  

5 hours ago, Ed_Formerly_of_Roch said:

Saying they've peaked is a fair response, but even if so, still likely better than Fish, Jets, and Ravens.

I’m tired of all the Fish, Jets, Ravens talk. The Chiefs and Bengals remain our real issue. 

• Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.