Matt Araiza

SCBills

9 minutes ago, JerseyBills said:

“you were approaching men at the party saying, ‘I want you to [expletive] me and if you don’t [expletive] me you’re a [expletive].”

As hard as it is to believe, I witnessed this behavior first hand multiple times at frat parties in undergrad (granted this was the 90s/00s). Every guy with half a brain steered clear of these girls.

• Like (+1) 2

56 minutes ago, SCBills said:

Feel free to merge or move to another forum, but a lot of people owe this man an apology. 

As soon as I read about the woman talking about how she was going to increase her body count by more than one I figured it was all BS she made up once her parents found out to prevent getting in trouble for being a super slut.

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, TheBrownBear said:

As hard as it is to believe, I witnessed this behavior first hand multiple times at frat parties in undergrad (granted this was the 90s/00s). Every guy with half a brain steered clear of these girls.

So yes, what you say is true, however, rape does happen on these campuses and in these frat houses

Mostly goes unreported

As the evidence comes out, I hope that he can get his career back

6 minutes ago, Process said:

If I recall correctly ESPN was all over him when he got cut by the Bills, on shows like first take etc. Hopefully they cover this as well.

I'll be surprised if they even send out a tweet about it.

2 minutes ago, TheBrownBear said:

I have too. Early 2010s. I gotta admit, sometimes my little head did the thinking and I caved. But always wore protection with those type. There's alot more of these type girls than ppl realize, especially at frat parties

I haven’t followed much of this but did t he admit to having sex wit her earlier in the evening?  

if wrongfully accused for sake of $ I hope he can sue her and her scumbag attorney for everything they ever get and have if it’s truly made up. As someone stated earlier once you’re accused you’ll always be guilty to a % of the population.  

• Thank you (+1) 1

57 minutes ago, Dave_Bills said:

Poor guy. Can never rush to judgement. Hopefully he gets another opportunity. 

Yep ALOT of people on this forum should feel very very foolish and embarrassed for all their ignorant comments last summer, speaking about something they had NO clue about. Happens often. 

• Like (+1) 3

Just now, Billznut said:

Yep ALOT of people on this forum should feel very very foolish and embarrassed for all their ignorant comments last summer, speaking about something they had NO clue about. Happens often. 

My favorites were the comments here asserting that Araiza had admitted to raping the "victim"--based entirely on the contents of a press release from the esteemed Mr. Gilleon, who would never, ever lie, or even stretch the truth... 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2

19 minutes ago, UKBillFan said:

Interestingly, the “victim’s” lawyer who decided to act as judge, jury and executioner on Twitter has gone very quiet….

https://twitter.com/dangilleon

Mysteriously went silent back in December.  That must be when evidence of Araiza's innocence turned up.  I bet this lawyer was banking on this high profile case being his "big break".

49 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

The Bills did nothing wrong. I respect that Beane didn't jump on the bandwagon, I could tell that he found it difficult to let Araiza go after the Bills had run their own investigation and found nothing incriminating. But there was a black cloud hanging over the team after the allegation came out and it just isn't worth holding on to a punter with that kind of baggage. I just hope he gets his NFL career back.

"...I could tell that he found it difficult to let Araiza go..."

I have no proof, (But these days, who needs proof, right?) but I strongly suspect team ownership forced the GM's hand - just to avoid backlash from those who make the most noise and to present the appearance that they are on the right side of the issues.

What a pathetic sequence of events.

May those who falsely judged Matt Araiza be judged the same way when they face a personal crisis. 

• Like (+1) 3

17 minutes ago, CaptnCoke11 said:

He most definitely should 

Based on what?  What legal argument could he make that the Bills broke a law or violated a contract?  As far as I know, "wrongful termination" isn't a thing for NFL players.

I feel terrible for the kid.  Its every kids dream to play pro sports and his was ripped away over something false.

He should be able to land in camp somewhere.  He needs to be given the chance that was taken away.

If the Bills hadn’t extended our punter (I honestly don’t know his name off the top of my head because he’s a punter without a cool nickname), I would say it would be the right thing to do to sign him back.

I really hope he lands somewhere and dominates at his position.  

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.