RD 3, Pick 91: LB Dorian Williams, Tulane

SDS

2 minutes ago, KOKBILLS said:

I really like Joe and I've had some back and forth with him over the years that was very nice...He's a good dude. He lives in Charlotte and I lived there for 20 years and we've had some cool talks...I told him some fun stories about the good old days at The Township Grille...

But he's not always right. It's funny because when he and Bruce Nolan do their "look back at the previous year and what I would have done show" every year...IMHO it's not THAT impressive in hindsight. I do far less film study and feel like I can go toe-to-toe...Not on the breaking down film side...Don't get me wrong. But in projecting who will be good in the NFL, and team building... B-)

Agreed I just thought it was funny reading that right after hearing what he said. I hope me and Marino are both dead wrong about Williams.

Edited by gobills404
  • Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, BuffaloBillsGospel2014 said:

How do you know they wont play? Are you Nostradomus or something?

Fair point. But in the other poster’s defense, it seems very unlikely that both Bernard and Williams play any significant amount of time next year, or probably at all. Obviously that could change if Milano gets hurt, or if one of them fills the big nickel role or something. 

We play 2 LBs the vast majority of the time. Milano is an every-down player. That leaves one spot of regular play time between Bernard, Williams, Klein, Dodson, or Spector.

Just now, Johnnycage46 said:

Some folks on suicide watch over a 3rd round pick.

Maybe they should of watched more “film” on him 

1 minute ago, HappyDays said:

Another small front 7 player... Why is that Beane's obsession?

Probably just wants to puss off the crybabies on here 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, mrags said:

Also a first rd talent guy that maybe you can motivate. Unlike this 5th rd talent that’s undersized and will never ever start 

There's "occasionally showing up late to a team meeting" and "skipping practices during an important Senior Bowl week and only doing three drills" like Jones. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, DrDawkinstein said:

I dont really get the pick, but at this point there arent any players left that I know that well anyways. Like others said, low talent draft. So it's whatever from here on out.

I mean, valid.. we have kickers going in RD3. 

I would’ve liked Dawand Jones, but it sounds like scouts literally want to fight him, so there’s that. 

Ika would’ve been interesting given our DT contracts. 

Would’ve liked a WR like AT Perry, but I sure wont complain if we end up with Hopkins. 

5 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Milano was scouted by Whaley and his team, which for all their faults, were great at identifying LBs. Just sayin.

Milano was a longshot. No one thought he was set to be all pro or pro bowl

3 minutes ago, Thurman#1 said:

Not in the 3rd, we haven't.

Dunno the thought behind this, but I'm confident STs isn't more than the 3rd or 4th consideration here.

No, not in the 3rd, but most years that guy is drafted somewhere, and he flames out

1 minute ago, Cash said:

Fair point. But in the other poster’s defense, it seems very unlikely that both Bernard and Williams play any significant amount of time next year, or probably at all. Obviously that could change if Milano gets hurt, or if one of them fills the big nickel role or something. 

We play 2 LBs the vast majority of the time. Milano is an every-down player. That leaves one spot of regular play time between Bernard, Williams, Klein, Dodson, or Spector.

why is the assumption we’re gonna run no additional defensive packages next year and roll out the same D. McDermott as a DC didn’t run the defense that Frazier implemented 

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Roundybout said:

There's "occasionally showing up late to a team meeting" and "skipping practices during an important Senior Bowl week and only doing three drills" like Jones. 

I’d still rather take a shot at that than a useless undersized LB that will run down punts and kicks 8 times a game 

• Vomit 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.